ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12/17 - Samsung Intercept Maintenance Release - Android 2.2 (DL05) - re-released

Journeyman

Re: 12/17 - Samsung Intercept Maintenance Release - Android 2.2 (DL05)

I dont know if it is faster. It is my wifes phone and so far she is frustrated. I would be interested in the apps you speak of. I know she is missing calls because by the time she can get them answered they are to voicemail. I use a HTC android and i like it alot better than the Intercept.

So far the option to move apps to SD card is grey out , so unavailable, also no option to move all apps or all selected apps. only one at a time but again the option is greyed. the soft keys do not light up with brightness on auto. Auto bright must be off for softkeys to stay lit.....

Message was edited by: atcdav

Journeyman

She might try LauncherPro.. which is available for free from the Android Market. This is simply a home replacement.. very highly customizable and allows other apps to run better in the background from my experience with 2.1. This one won't change the interface I'd hate to recommend much more until I've experienced 2.2 on this phone, though. If it were still on the 2.1, I'd recommend aDialer. It's much, much, much better than what came stock on my 2.1 Intercept. Also, you might start checking before downloading apps if they're developed to allow them to be moved to the SD card after installation. The Intercept didn't come with much internal memory and the #1 best feature of Froyo is the ability to save/run apps from SD, therefore freeing up a lot of very valuable internal memory. 🙂  Keep in mind, LauncherPro goes waaaaaay into detail with customization, so unless she's into that kind of thing or you're willing to work with her, it may be a little too detailed.

Journeyman

adialer seems nicer. is there an app that changes how the phone unlocks? or how you answer incoming calls and disconnect calls? Also the contacts changed. there is an icon to call or text instead of the "card" with all of the contact info and option to also email

Highlighted
Journeyman

Honestly, I never minded the way the Intercept locked so I never really searched the Market for an alternative. I'm sure you could though.. just go into the Market, and type something like "Phone Lock" into the search box and see what you come up with. Research very carefully though, I'd hate to see her lock herself out of the phone and have to go to a store for a flash hard reset to fix it.

As far as the separate icons for texting/messaging... I guess I really didn't understand the question. There are separate icons for these already in the app drawer... but I have a feeling you're asking for something else.  I use an app called SMSPopup because this phone doesn't have an LED on it to notify of a missed message. This app basically causes the screen to flash on/off very quickly at set intervals as a notification, as well as bring up a little box with a preview of the text. Pretty nice.

And for changing the way calls are answered and disconnected.. honestly I wouldn't know. This was my first Android phone on the 2.1 OS and I guess I just got used to the stock system for that... never really considered an alternative. I'd assume she could just use the hard answer/end keys at the bottom of the phone as opposed to using the onscreen options? I dunno... that'd be worthy of some good Googling and asking around at www.androidforums.com.  If you find anything, definitely share!!!

Journeyman

Oh, and also...

As far as moving apps to the SD card.. you'd have to check in the Market before download to see if the developer included that capability in the app you want to move. FroYo DOES support this function, but a lot of apps don't. They're catching on, though, and I expect to see almost all applications available to have this option included in the near future. 

Journeyman

my wife didnt mind the swipe up to unlock the screen either. but it is no longer. now it is swipe left and instead of holding down the green button to answer calls it is swipe left and I think swipe right to disconnect instead of holding the red button down. It wold be nice to e able to change the swipe settings

Journeyman

I lost all of my non-Google contacts as well (nice of them to give us a warning ahead of time!)  My phone is operating significantly slower than before the update and the Memo pad function has completely disappeared.  Terrible update.

Journeyman

I got the update pushed to my phone, I have 2 Intercepts on my account. My primary line got the upgrade because thet told me its a refurished phone and it has the capabilites to, but other than that i needed to go to the sprint store for my other line because it was a software push. technical support was at a loss when i was talking to them.

But the 2.2 update has fixed alot of issues on my phone, and it runs alot smoother and better only problem i have is lost contacts not with google.

Journeyman

I just found out that the Froyo 2.2 was going to be released yesterday, the day of the release. I tried all day to do the update but it wasn't available to me yet. I got up this morning and decided to try to do the update again and it's downloading now. All you have to do is go to settings, then go to about phone (very bottom of list), push system updates (top of list), then push Update Android and the update was there. It seems like it's taking a little time for the download to complete. If you have the Intercept, you will get the update, just be patient.

Journeyman

Ok I got the update and everything seems to be working ok.  The question I have at this point is the Intercept hardware going to run the Adobe Flash Player?   It doesn't appear to be an option of something I can download from the market.

Journeyman

Hey everyone, I just got this update on my phone and now my phone is totally bricked...I'm not sure what happenned but I can't even do a factory reset. Any suggestions?

When I turn on my phone, it says "Samsung" with the loading bar, then it plays the Samsung animation and then just stops and never progresses past that last frame of the animation. This sucks. Please help 😕

Journeyman

Froyo worked on my wifes intercept but not mine. Got almost done then aborted now I have a paper weight. Hey Sprint, what do we do?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat