cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12/17 - Samsung Intercept Maintenance Release - Android 2.2 (DL05) - re-released

Highlighted
Wizard

12/17 - Samsung Intercept Maintenance Release - Android 2.2 (DL05) - re-released

Samsung Intercept Maintenance Release - Android 2.2 (DL05) - re-released on January 4

Enhancements/Fixes:
- Android 2.2 Froyo
- Sprint Navigation
- Dropped calls after unacknowledged call waiting
- Force Close message when opening up contacts

Important Notes:
- The software version is: S:M910.05.S.DL05
- The build version is: Froyo.DL05
- Access the Samsung Intercept Maintenance Releases blog here for install instructions

- This release is pushed from Google and will be released to all devices by January 10.

- Ensure your battery is fully charged before applying the update
- DO NOT REMOVE THE BATTERY UNTIL AFTER THE UPDATE HAS COMPLETED AND THE HANDSET REBOOTED.  THE INITIAL REBOOT  

MAY TAKE UP TO 10 MINUTES AS FINAL CHANGES ARE COMPLETED.
- This update may result in data loss.  Please visit the FAQs located at www.samsung.com/us/m910/softwareupdate prior to initiating the update

UPDATE:  **This update has been placed on hold with a new release targeting early January** due to the following:

“It has been brought to our attention that some customers may be experiencing issues with the Android 2.2 (Froyo) software issued by Sprint for the Samsung Intercept. Some users have reported their device to be unresponsive after the upgrade is completed. We apologize for any inconvenience while we investigate the issue and get it corrected as quickly as possible. If you experience issues with your device following the upgrade, please contact Sprint Customer Solutions at 1-888-211-4PCS.”

Message was edited by: dshoem01

244 REPLIES 244
Highlighted
Journeyman

So I got my notification to do the update this morning. Tried to do it... got a little triangle/exclaimation point doohickey.  Removed the battery at this point... thank goodness, it didn't brick on me.  It just reloaded back to the old 2.1 software.  I did a factory reset on my phone via the recovery menu (volume down, end, and send buttons while booting) before I tried to install the 2.2. The error message I got after replacing my batter after the failed update attempt was something about update failed due to system/apps/talk or something.. guessing there is something wrong with the software entry there.  NOW what I need to do is flash the original software back to the phone or else I'm afraid it won't be capable of installing the 2.2 at all. Any suggestions? Anybody know where I can find the stock 2.1 file for this phone so I can flash it? Any help would be appreciated!!! I have a non rooted phone and now when I try to answer a call it force closes on me. BOOOOO!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

So I got the update request OTA this morning.  I told it to install, it rebooted without doing anything and now won't give me the update to install again.  I'm still on 2.1 and when I do the update it says i'm currently up to date.  How do I get the update prompt back that I once had?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got my update this morning.  Fortunately, I did not have the lock up or lost of contacts problems other owners had.  I do however miss the panel functions (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Silent, Vibration) when I drag down the status bar (hopefully there is way to get them back).  Now back to trying to figure out what else is good and bad with the update.

Message was edited by: Dave0Jodi

Highlighted
Journeyman

Seems this update is doing more harm than good so far. I would suggest not updating for now. I was lucky, it updated ok and contacts are intact, I still am uhappy with the GUI changes

Highlighted
Journeyman

i lost most of my contacts, the memo pad, and none of the pictures are showing up in the messaging app.... can anyone help? ive already tried syncing my accounts but those contacts are apparently gone

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ejarboe wrote:

So I got my notification to do the update this morning. Tried to do it... got a little triangle/exclaimation point doohickey.  Removed the battery at this point... thank goodness, it didn't brick on me.  It just reloaded back to the old 2.1 software.  I did a factory reset on my phone via the recovery menu (volume down, end, and send buttons while booting) before I tried to install the 2.2. The error message I got after replacing my batter after the failed update attempt was something about update failed due to system/apps/talk or something.. guessing there is something wrong with the software entry there.  NOW what I need to do is flash the original software back to the phone or else I'm afraid it won't be capable of installing the 2.2 at all. Any suggestions? Anybody know where I can find the stock 2.1 file for this phone so I can flash it? Any help would be appreciated!!! I have a non rooted phone and now when I try to answer a call it force closes on me. BOOOOO!!!!!

This is the EXACT thing that happened to me, and I am NOT happy.  So far Android has NOT been what I was expecting.  Does anyone have an easy way for me to fix this?!
Highlighted
Journeyman

I had the phone not getting past the "Samsung" start up screen as well after the update.  I ended up doing a factory restore and it STILL won't turn on past the Samsung start up page!!!  Thanks for this fantastic update!! SO worth it, and now I have to try and find time to go get my phone fixed when it was working just fine this morning.  I am so MAD!!! I see a credit on my bill in my near future...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I updated my phone and now I can not access my gmail account with my phone or on the website. I tried everything I can to reset it and they won't verify it. How do I get my account back?

You're update is fail.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i recently just updated to 2.2 but now my format/settings are completely different i do use launcher pro and i set that as home default but none of the setting came back, for ex. alot of the things were lighten up in blue now the set up looks just like the moment. help?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got the update on the 17th & my phone works a lot better now. It lags less, its much faster & I am able to download, use, & keep more apps than when my phone was running on 2.1. So happy about this, it's about time!

Highlighted
Journeyman

i recently just updated to 2.2 but now my format/settings are completely different i do use launcher pro and i set that as home default but none of the setting came back, for ex. alot of the things were lighten up in blue now the set up looks just like the moment. help?

Highlighted
Journeyman

My son's and wife's Intercept updated with no problems this morning. Both have their contacts synced with Google so they had no loss of data at all. I think those who stored their contacts on their phone as opposed to 'The Cloud' are having loss of data issues. A firmware update is going to delete data. In fact I think when my two were complete the contacts were missing until they were logged back into Google. After the phone synced the contacts were back.

VERY HAPPY with the 2.2 update. GUI's can get used to. I love the fact that the phone actually works great now. No more data lockups, location service in apps works now, the phone is responsive.

Thank you to Sprint and Samsung!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat