ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12/17 - Samsung Intercept Maintenance Release - Android 2.2 (DL05) - re-released

Journeyman

Re: 12/17 - Samsung Intercept Maintenance Release - Android 2.2 (DL05)

My husband just got the update and it's added a few new things it looks cool and he's loving it....i didn't get it yet but I can't wait!!!!

Journeyman

Sprint Pulled the Update. you wont get an update today they are working on the fix for Froyo Update.

FYI for any issue with the phone After. There is a Fix for it.As i stated before Visit your local Sprint Coporate Retail Service and Repair Store and They will be more than happy to fix the phone for you.

Journeyman

I am enjoying everything about the update except for the fact that I lost my contacts, but it is really strange because when I go to my contacts it says no phone numbers to display but when I go to messages and start a new text message and then start typing in the name of one of my conacts they all show up and all i have to do is click the one I want...weird...I guess I just have to go to a sprint store to see if they can fix it.  My advice is backup your contacts etc before you do that update.

Journeyman

Thanks - I am going to try that!

Journeyman

The exact same thing happened to me this morning and I have been playing around with it all day trying to figure out what has happened!  It left me with 10 random contacts and I am unable to use speed dialing anymore.  I am livid as of right now.  Let me know if you find out how to get your contacts back.  I would really appreciate the help.  Thanks

Journeyman

try to create a text Message and see if it shows any of your contacts. if it left you with a feew contacts those are probably backed up to gmail. I'm afraid you lost your contacts.

Journeyman

Okay I hate this version. I really do. Is there anyway to roll it back to the one before it? I did try a hard reset but all it did was wipe out my downloaded apps and address book. For me, the old version was so much easier to use. Especially for things like the speaker phone.

Please help!!

Journeyman

NICE!  Thank you for the fixes.  I have been playing with my phone almost all day today!!! and my battery is still good.  Please keep updating the system for this phone because I plan on hanging onto it for 2yrs.    The Instinct that I had was out dated with in a yr. and I liked that phone. 

Thank you again for the updates. 

Journeyman

Yes there is a way to roll it back you will have to bring it to a Sprint Corporate Repair Center. Since u installed an Operating system update even if you hard reset the phone it will bring you still to Froyo 2.2 .

If you want 2.1 again you can get it from a sprint service and repair etail store. They will be happy to help you

Journeyman

I was notified to do the update, but my phone locked up, and when I rebooted it the update didn't take, and when I try to run the updates on my phone, it says everything is up to date. Is there anywhere I can download the update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

CUTEKIDSMOM wrote:

I am enjoying everything about the update except for the fact that I lost my contacts, but it is really strange because when I go to my contacts it says no phone numbers to display but when I go to messages and start a new text message and then start typing in the name of one of my conacts they all show up and all i have to do is click the one I want...weird...I guess I just have to go to a sprint store to see if they can fix it.  My advice is backup your contacts etc before you do that update.

This usually means that your contacts are THERE, but your settings are such that they aren't being actively displayed in your contacts list..

Try this:

1.) Go to Settings, and then go to Accounts and Sync

2.) Select your Gmail account....

3.) Make sure there's a checkmark next to "Sync Contacts"

See if they show up.

THEN....

1.) Go to your Contacts shortcut and press the Menu key

2.) Touch "Display Options"

3.) Under CHOOSE CONTACTS TO DISPLAY go to Google and select the boxes accordingly. (Assuming that you saved your contacts as Google contacts before you did your update.)

This might help. Otherwise, there's definitely something wrong. Hope this helps!!!

Journeyman

The reboot isn't working for most. After customer sewage sent me to a freakin mall that told me I had to buy a new phone, they tried to send me to another state! It's a shame they rushed instead of getting it right. HUGE FAIL for Sprint with nothing but damage control. Now I get to wait til Monday for one of their "techs". Wonder what they will try to sell me? A working phone that I'm already paying for would be nice.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat