cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12/17 - Samsung Intercept Maintenance Release - Android 2.2 (DL05) - re-released

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 12/17 - Samsung Intercept Maintenance Release - Android 2.2 (DL05) - re-released

Thanks for the information.  That solves that problem.  As for the memo - there's a couple in the market that will work. I downloaded Wizard Memo.  Nothing fancy.  Just somewhere to put information.  The phone is more responsive and internet pages load much more quickly, so maybe the inconvenience will be worth the effort.

Message was edited by: VJCM01

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 12/17 - Samsung Intercept Maintenance Release - Android 2.2 (DL05) - re-released

Well I updated my phone with the re-released update on Friday 1/7/2011. Now the newest problem that I have found is with the camera. You can take a picture just fine but then it won't save it to the gallery OR the SD card.  You take the picture, then it goes to the little square just like the old pre-updated phone did. But when you tap on the little pic in the square, it brings you right to the gallery and the picture isn't there. Instead the last picture that you DELETED from your gallery shows up. No picture that you just took. It's crazy. So you can take a picture but cannot retrieve it after. It won't save, therefore the camera on this phone is now USELESS!!! I called Sprint and after several minutes on the phone and alot of persuasion, both myself and my husband are getting new phones. I think Sprint should just wait until the software update is PERFECT and stop putting out this CRAP that just ruins the phones.

Melissa

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, I received the update notice again, after it failing to install the second time, surprise, it failed again.

I took my phone to a service center, and they worked on it for a few hours, but were not able to get the update to complete either, even after reloading the phone back to factory and trying to install the software from their own source.

They offered to get a replacement, but I would have had to travel back to the store to retrieve it. I should have let them.

I called customer service and was passed around quite a bit, but after going through Tech Support, and then transferred to two different departments, I ended up in the "Multiple Device Exchange Department", and though they said they are not the the proper department to get a replacement, they ordered one for me. I should have it in a couple days.

I can't wait to get the update, just the lagging and dropped calls when 3-Way kicks in is terrible.

Good luck to all out there.

Message was edited by: DW132092

Highlighted
Journeyman

Decision... Decision... Decision

Well got me once with a bugged filled update, shame on you.

Doing it again, shame on me.   I think I'll wait it out this time since Sprint and I have a fragile relationship at best from the previous attempt.

The funny thing is the previous update is starting to work better once I deleted some of the apps that was causing glitches, with the last being Weather Bug.   So far I've deleted:  Yahoo Mail, Advanced Task Killer (not needed anymore), Pandora (reinstalled), WeatherBug, and the Battery Widget (installed a new one and its hung up for a minute or two for the first time today).  Also had to reinstall Where and as others re-sync to Gmail.   I don't use Memo pad so no issue there.   It still has some glithes in the text area, keeps flipping the tab over to the send button as I type and I'm sure there are other apps that probably are not working correctly.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok my wife had the issues with the pictures too. It does save em but theres a glitch that fixes itself after a little while. It saves the pic in your gallery but the thumbnail pic looks like the last one you deleted. Click on it an theres your pic you just took and this fixes the glitch also. If you see a pic you deleted in you gallery just click it. You really dont need a new phone because its just gonna do it again with that one. Its just a freak glitch. They'll probably put out an add on to fix it but like I said its not a big deal. Your pics still save.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for screwing me over SPRINT! I had important business data on my memo pad (yes, I did not back it - but I never expected my carrier to INTENTIONALLY DELETE MY DATA WITHOUT TELLING ME FIRST) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You really SUCK!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 12/17 - Samsung Intercept Maintenance Release - Android 2.2 (DL05)

When u save ur contacts an it shows the 2 opptions an one is google... always save them to ur google that way when u update an log back in to ur gmail ur contacts transfer back to ur phone cause ur saven them to ur e mail.

Highlighted
Journeyman

OMG!!! gdfancypants you are absolutely right. I followed your instructions and you are absolutely right. How crazy is this!!! I guess it's only in Sprint world!! And too late as far as the new phone goes but I will download the software since I know how it works now, lol!!! Do you happen to know how to not have to use the Advanced Task Killer. I hear that with the new update you no longer have to use the Android based one that the update has their own??? Just wondering!!

Melissa

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 12/17 - Samsung Intercept Maintenance Release - Android 2.2 (DL05)

So what is Google going to do with all these contacts on their database??? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

yeah the Froyo installed task manager is almost as good as any task killer. Just open it upclick the tab that says RAM manager then click on Level 1 and Level 2 buttons then click clear memory button. It auto closes all apps that are running that you dont need.(Obviously wont shut down the Android OS or Samsung system but it shuts down everything else. Works decent , I like it. Im also using an App called App 2 SD Free and it has a Cach clear option that helps. Everytime you go into App 2 SD app it calculates Cach and asks if you want to clear. It also gives you the apps on board that can be moved to SD (obviously as the name states) and shows you what apps are where. Very handy as Cache can slow you down as much as too many apps running. If you need anything else dont be afraid to ask.

Highlighted
Journeyman

WOW!! I cannot believe some of the comments i have seen on here! Most of the comments i have read are complaints originated because of peoples lack of ability to use the Android OS correctly!! I even seen a comment comparing it to Android 1.9...are u serious?!?!.  The update is the best thing that has happened to the Samsung Intercept!! The overall Speed and Performance of the phone is 1000 times better, the UI is much better, more conveinent, and has a better overall operational feel. Another thing most of peoples complaints about losing things like memo pad, speed dial, etc are things that can be obtained by getting specific apps in the market, that is what the market is for people!! SO FOR ALL YOU OUT THERE THAT HAVEN'T UPGRADED YET BECAUSE OF SOME UNEDUCATED COMMENTS ON HERE, GO AHEAD AND UPGRADE YOUR PHONE!! AND YOU WILL SEE THE DIFFERENCE FOR YOURSELF!! My only suggestion would be to copy down your memos on a piece of paper as this app will no longer be available in original form. My phone runs like a champion now!!(as does my wifes Intercept) With Dolphin HD Browser we run and can download internet pages just as fast as my brothers EVO (we had them side by side, no wi-fi or nothing) In my opinion hats off to Google, Samsung, and Sprint as I believe you have raised the Intercept above and beyond a mid-range Android Phone!! My only gripe is the lack of Flash Player and Live Wallpapers, but im sure there will be a ROM available soon or later with a root of the phone to get these!! Or maybe we will get them with the next update, hopefully Gingerbread!! Until them Im going to sit back and enjoy my great phone!! One final thing, the complaints about the $29.99 charge for Mobile Hotspot, Where else can u get Internet service at a cost of that price that you can use anywhere?...Thats what i thought!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

thank you

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat