cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12/17 - Samsung Intercept Maintenance Release - Android 2.2 (DL05) - re-released

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 12/17 - Samsung Intercept Maintenance Release - Android 2.2 (DL05)

Umm I always thought it was press and hold Vol Down AND BOTH Send and End buttons till you see a screen come on.  That works for me anyways

Highlighted
Journeyman

@himeko55 I have no idea. I use this one it works for me. I got it right of the net. Most sites show this way so thats why I posted this one. It could be that with yours the send button doesnt actually do anything, maybe if your bored try doing it without it to test my theory if you want that is. Im not saying your wrong its just theres alot of different ways to do different things on these phones. Like I always say "different user, different experience."

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well I did get BORED lol so I turned my phone off and tried a couple times holding vol down and end and it always just booted up the phone normally but the holding vol down, end, and send went to recovery.  So my phone intercept atleast needs the send button too.

Anyhow I cant wait to get this update or hear some good news from people that have gotten it already.

Message was edited by: himeko55

Highlighted
Journeyman

okay so i tried both ways (pressing and holding the Vol DWN button and both the send and power button) and it worked great. the menu popped up and i was able to "wipe data/factory reset". So i pressed "Reboot system now" and i hit the same problem. any thoughts? should i just say forget it and take to a Sprint store?

Highlighted
Journeyman

ok I guess your gonna have to take it in. That'll be your best bet. Theres a number of things that might have happened, the incompatible is the simplest thats why I suggested it. Sorry I coudnt help you more.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Its okay you actually helped a lot haha. I'd still be looking up google stuff  if i hadnt asked on the actual Sprint Forums. thanks!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

There is an option to do a Hard Reset under settings in the phone you know..... Settings> Privacy> Factory Data Reset... Done deal.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@HEIGHTS12

he cant get to it. Phone wont boot. Thats why I had him try the hard reset from boot recovery. The firmware might have not been completed or maybe he lost data or something hes just better off taking it to a Sprint store. they got their fancy gadgets they can check it out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Duhhh... My bad, if I had actually read the thread I would have seen he couldnt get to it, sorry bout that. Guess Im just antsy and pumped to get this long awaited 2.2 update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah I dont blame ya, I think every Intercept owner is excited. Im personally just tired of people whining about it. lmao And they blame Sprint too. I think its actually kind of funny. Even pre 2.1 I really like my intercept but I know its capabilities. Im mostly excited about the installing apps to sd. Thats the only issue I have is lack of space for installed apps.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Goto http://forum.sdx-developers.com/intercept-development/intercept-recovery-(important-features-working... and get the stock recovery and follow the directions, and see if it fixes it for you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You know I was gonna ask if he had done anything like rooting to his phone but I forgot.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat