cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12/17 - Samsung Intercept Maintenance Release - Android 2.2 (DL05) - re-released

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 12/17 - Samsung Intercept Maintenance Release - Android 2.2 (DL05)

That's what my complaint is, with the phone before the update there was an option to save contacts to your phone or to Google, I've lost the ability to save it to my phone. The reason I want this is that when #'s are not on the phone you can't create groups, I can't even find a button for creating groups, there gone. I've even tried to create the groups in my google home page, the groups are there but don't transfer to the phone.

Message was edited by: WAYNEWILKIN

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 12/17 - Samsung Intercept Maintenance Release - Android 2.2 (DL05) - re-released

So I installed the Browser, Dolphin HD, just a curious question. Any ideas were it gets installed? I launched if from the notifications bar after I downloaded it but can't find it on the phone. The only place it's available is from the recent apps menu, thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

So how do you assign ringtones to individual contacts if its no longer on the phone?  I don't see a ringtone under the google account on the phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you go into your phone/contacts/select the contact/menu/ there will be "edit/share/options/delete contact, select "options" here you can select a ringtone.

Message was edited by: WAYNEWILKIN

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 12/17 - Samsung Intercept Maintenance Release - Android 2.2 (DL05) - re-released

to get to your installed apps go to your app dock or long press home screen/shortcuts/applications/DolphinBrowserHD. Best way is your dock though lmao. Are you running ADW? I lost my home icon when it updated so I had to make a new one.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Before the Android 2.2 (DL05) update, my phone had the capability to link contacts, which I liked because I have contacts that do not publish their phone numbers on FB and I didnt have to look in to seperate places for their info.. Is there a way to link/merge contacts with the new version?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 12/17 - Samsung Intercept Maintenance Release - Android 2.2 (DL05) - re-release: how to prepare

Hi, fellow Intercepters -

Well, so far I've sat back and kept pushing the "Install Later" button, waiting to see how things are going with the rest of you as you brave the re-released upgrade. I've had much better luck with my phone (other than occasional repeated poking of the 'back' button) than many, so have been loathe to take the giant leap and swap a pretty OK phone for a possible brick.

So far reports look much better with the re-release; only the unprepared or uninformed have had unresolvable issues. I must say that SPRINT has done a poor job of informing us of exactly what changes to expect; they gave a list of enhancements (the good news) but not what could be lost and/or should be backed up/copied down/whatever (the bad news). They could have told us other details, too, eg.: will we have to re-customize our home screens - wallpaper, icon placement, etc.? Why does this have to be so far from seamless?

We in the Community, however, have done a pretty good job of filling in a lot of the blanks. Pat yourselves on your backs, forum folks.

I have done the following to prepare for the day when I finally get up the nerve to push the "Install Now" button:

1. made sure all my contacts are Google contacts, so they are ALL backed up.

2. installed "SMS Backup" from the Market, which creates an SMS folder in your Gmail and backs up all your SMS messages to it (better than just backing them up to your SD; suppose you lose your phone?) You can set it to back up automatically. The interface is very simple, clear and professional.

3. installed "AppList Backup", which makes a simple list of all your installed apps on your SD card so you can reinstall them easily from the Market once the upgrade is complete (of course if you have the download links sent to your Gmail, you have the links already if you saved the e-mails.)

4. copied by hand the few Memos I have, and will download an app once the upgrade is done, install it on the SD card, and re-enter them. (Why did they ditch such a simple useful tool?)

5. Plan to unmount and remove my SD card before starting the upgrade.

OK, successful upgraders and other savvy readers, what have I left out?

Update 1/12/11:

Finally let the update run. Took less time than expected, and went smoothly with no unexpected or unwanted results. Performance of the buttons improved; speed also. Wallpaper, icon placement, contacts, bookmarks, installed apps in place.  Was able to move about 1/2 to SD card. Downloaded "Notepad" to replace Memos (nice feature: can save memos to SD card!) Used one of the additional screens to set up Direct Dial/Direct Message shortcuts. Had to re-install a few contact photos (not all), but so far that's the only tiny glitch.

Whew! Too bad the phone can't handle Flash, but it is what it is. Am looking at the new Evo Slide as a replacement when Premier upgrade comes around.

Happy New Year to all.

Message was edited by: PANDRAGONMOM0206

Highlighted
Journeyman

THANK YOU!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

So whenever I try to upgrade to 2.2 I get a message saying that my phone is up to date, but it still has 2.1 installed. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Highlighted
Journeyman

after the BIG failure of the first push, Sprint replaced my phone.  It would not update.  Same thing you did I was also doing.  Gave Sprint a call to find out what was going on.  Once it was pushed to me, it was not going to push to me again.  'Please bring the phone into your local store, and we will upgrade it for you."  Did it, they upgraded it, The only thing I lost that I liked was the widget on the pull down where you could switch to bluetooth, wifi, etc, but I was able to install the control onto my wall, not the same as the original, but does the same job.

Phone 'seems' to be working better, faster, not so many 'hangups' so I am good to go.

Highlighted
Journeyman

As another user who previously posted about this you can press and hold your finger on the desktop it brings up a menu "Add to Home screen", here you can select "Widgets" select this.

Then select "Power Control"

This will put a toolbar on your desktop that lets you manage Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, Sync, and brightness. The toolbar is pretty big so I usually don't put it on the main desktop, hope this helps.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My husband was victimized by the first released.  Since that time I've read some helpful fixes all in preparation for my inevitable upgrade.  Some of it came too late.

• I copied>pasted my memos & pictures, then fwd them to my email acct;
  • I did not reload my previous "ap"plications;
    • I now know how to save any new aps I may download [thank you];
  • NOTE:  I did reload Lookout and that stayed on the phone when the update took place.
  • I tried the "favorites" method, did not work for me;

The above happened to be done prior to the update which I received on 8 Jan11.

DIFFERENCES BETWEEN MY HUSBAND'S PHONE & MINE:

• He has ATK I don't--we both have Task Manager;
  • In the begining he still had the memo ap, now he doesn't and neither do I;
  • He lost all his contacts--thru this discussion I managed to keep most with a few minor glitches;
    • BOTTOM LINE:  We do not want our friends & families info exposed on the internet!!  If they want it out there that's on them, you don't need to be slick and steal it from us.  I have the same question that somebody else asked:  "What is GOOGLE going to do with all our contacts info?"

QUESTIONS:

• Does any body know how to delete a bookmark?;
  • Can  you use your Microsoft Outlook Contacts as your corporate account?  If so, how?

Thanks for any feedback or input.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat