cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12/17 - Samsung Intercept Maintenance Release - Android 2.2 (DL05) - re-released

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 12/17 - Samsung Intercept Maintenance Release - Android 2.2 (DL05)

Not sure how to help, but I am experiencing the same problem. Glad I'm not the only one...I really hate Sprint!

Highlighted
Journeyman

For all u with restart problems..how many had a task killer app installed?..im sure plenty!! There was alot of info out there stating to get rid of it before updating!! Either that or u had another non-compatable app!! Better get to that Sprint store!!  Also i hear alot of people complaining about losing contacts, didnt happen on mine or my wifes phones..so idk about that??

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok no need for angry letters. I was totally back to factory settings other than ADW which is compatible with Froyo. (I know cuz I asked the dev) I actually think I figured it out and I feel like an idiot. What was everyone elses battery levels at? (the people that are bricked I mean.) Because I did my wifes at the same time as mine, she had a full battery and mine was a lil under half and hers is fine running real smooth will mine is holding down some napkins at the moment. Im on my way to the Sprint store in a few when they open, I'll let you know whats up when I get back.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you, Sprint!  This is a very welcomed update!  5 Stars!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Got my download this morning and everything seems fine. I did notice that the Samsung screen during reboot stayed on for about 2 minutes so if everyone gets to that point, don't panic yet.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I updated my phone with Froyo yesterday. The first improvement I noticed is the the intercept no longer took a long time receiving or making calls. before i would have to wait a really long time after ending a call just to get to the home screen or to make another call. It was very frustrating! My wife also an intercept and had the same problem with calls.  I hope this finally ended.

However, I major setback is that all my contacts are gone. I've tried synching them back from google and importing them from SD Card and nothing. the weird thing is that when i send/ receive calls or sms, the contact shows up in the caller id.  I haven't called customer support yet for help. Any suggestions out there?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same exact thing happened to me I just called sprint and they said the only thing you can do is take it into the store so they can try to back up your informationand try to uninstall the software??? big help 😕

Highlighted
Journeyman

That doesn't bother me nearly as much as the individual contact ringtone loss.  I really do not like this update. I had no problems with the old one. This one is ugly aside from the lost contacts and ringtones...grrrr a little warning would have been nice. Update:Great after much phone tag the option is no longer available with this phone and neither is the memo pad. They can't even do a reset b/c the software remains. THANKS ALOT SAMSUNG

Message was edited by: tiffanymm

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am SOOOOO frustrated about losing my memo pad!!! Why couldn't they tell us data would be lost??? This is my first android and it's extremely annoying. It simply said it would restart my system. Like an idiot I guess I trusted the update would make my life easier, not more difficult, and certainly not something I had to research before installing. I hope someone gets fired for this oversight.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I thought Swype was stock with 2.2 .... where is it??????????????????

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yup Im on my way to the Jackson MI store cuz the Jonesville one has a broke computer. It bricks because the install doesnt complete. Not the users fault I guess its the data package I guess. Oh well, half hour drive now. It better get fixed there.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I hate the new update.... wish the phone was back on 2.1 now.. some stuff is nice but other stuff that I really liked sucks. Now my intercept looks like my old Moment, which I dont wanna have that cuz it just means that I could turn out to be like the moment soon enough.. Hoping not though

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat