cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12/17 - Samsung Intercept Maintenance Release - Android 2.2 (DL05) - re-released

Wizard

12/17 - Samsung Intercept Maintenance Release - Android 2.2 (DL05) - re-released

Samsung Intercept Maintenance Release - Android 2.2 (DL05) - re-released on January 4

Enhancements/Fixes:
- Android 2.2 Froyo
- Sprint Navigation
- Dropped calls after unacknowledged call waiting
- Force Close message when opening up contacts

Important Notes:
- The software version is: S:M910.05.S.DL05
- The build version is: Froyo.DL05
- Access the Samsung Intercept Maintenance Releases blog here for install instructions

- This release is pushed from Google and will be released to all devices by January 10.

- Ensure your battery is fully charged before applying the update
- DO NOT REMOVE THE BATTERY UNTIL AFTER THE UPDATE HAS COMPLETED AND THE HANDSET REBOOTED.  THE INITIAL REBOOT  

MAY TAKE UP TO 10 MINUTES AS FINAL CHANGES ARE COMPLETED.
- This update may result in data loss.  Please visit the FAQs located at www.samsung.com/us/m910/softwareupdate prior to initiating the update

UPDATE:  **This update has been placed on hold with a new release targeting early January** due to the following:

“It has been brought to our attention that some customers may be experiencing issues with the Android 2.2 (Froyo) software issued by Sprint for the Samsung Intercept. Some users have reported their device to be unresponsive after the upgrade is completed. We apologize for any inconvenience while we investigate the issue and get it corrected as quickly as possible. If you experience issues with your device following the upgrade, please contact Sprint Customer Solutions at 1-888-211-4PCS.”

Message was edited by: dshoem01

244 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 12/17 - Samsung Intercept Maintenance Release - Android 2.2 (DL05)

When I go to "Settings | About Phone | System Updates | Update Android" I still get a message:

"Your system is currently up to date."

My settings show I'm still at Build Number "ECLAIR.DF27." What up wi' dat?

Journeyman

Mines says system is up to date but still had DL27 on it

Wizard

I've updated the original post with a statement on how Google pushes these releases.  It could be up to 4 days before everyone receives it.  You can go to the Android Market and download or update one of your apps and it may trigger the push early.

Journeyman

thank you for adding that updated info about Google releasing in waves. Figured it would but that really helps people that are wondering where it is and why they dont have it.

Journeyman

This is very exciting!  I can't wait to kick the tires & see how the Intercept works with 2.2!

Journeyman

Hopefully it will work better running 2.2 than 2.1. I have gotten very exasperated with the glitches in 2.1. I wasted my phone upgrade in September I'm afraid. Wish I'd waited a couple months. It looks like the LG Optimus is a much better phone and it's free at BestBuy. Any chance I can trade in the Intercept for Optimus? I've been with Sprint for 9 years now, 3 phones on the account.

Journeyman

I don't know if this has happened with anyone else... But i woke up this morning and saw that the update was available on my intercept phone. Yes i was excited and glad us intercept users are getting android 2.2... but when i updated it and it finished with its update, a big triangle with an exclamtion point in it poped up on the screen..... so i hit home and hit "System reboot" or something along those lines. did that and now it wont get past the loading screen where it says "Samsung". If anyone could help me out with this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

-thanks

Journeyman

What probably happened is you have something that wasnt compatible with froyo like a home launcher or something. you need to do a hard reset. Which is wise anyhow before you do the 2.2 update. Do a hard reset which removes all none factory and sprint apps. Everything thats not on your sd will be wiped. After you do the hard reset then install update.

@NjFlowVizion if you need to know how to get into boot mode to reset let me know.

Edit: I'll just post the instructions for a hard reset anyways for others who have issues.

Step one, Turn the power off. You need to pull the battery out and reinsert it if your phone gets frozen

Step two, Hold the Volume Down button and HOLD the Power button (sorry had to change it to hold. I was lazy and didnt want to type so I copied and pasted, sorry)

Step four, a menu appears that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock

Step five, press the Volume Down button to Select Clear Storage

Step six, Press and release the Power button

Step seven, make your decision by touching one of the two options: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO

If you selected YES, all data will be deleted from the phone including third-party applications. The Samsung Intercept will reboot to its original data.

Message was edited by: gdfancypants

Journeyman

thank you for the speedy replay and yes i would like to know how to get into boot mode