2/29 - Samsung Intercept Software Update - FB01

Samsung Intercept Software Update - FB01

Enhancements/Fixes:
- Security fix

- Error when attempting to Update PRL or Update Data Profile

- Unable to locate using GPS satellites

Important Notes:
- The software version is: S:M910.05.S.FB01

- This software update will be available beginning 2/29/12.

- Access the Samsung Intercept Software Updates blog for install instructions

18 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 2/29 - Samsung Intercept Software Update - FB01

I have been trying to Update Firmware, but I get the message, "No Firmware update is availble".

I just noticed you have a bullet saying this software update is not available till 2/29/12...not sure why you sent out a system-wide message today, instead of tomorrow when it's available.

Are you the person who develops this version of Android for the Intercept?

It would be amazing if it could be recompiled to not be forced to have some of these apps like Facebook and Where and NASCAR(?)...they just eat up what little resources this phone has, and I have no use for the programs.

Journeyman

Well, it's the 29th... no updates...

Journeyman

Unless you are under manufacturer's warranty still may wanna think about rooting your phone to get rid of those preloaded apps...  But they only take up unneccesary space when you update them.  Otherwise ignore them and if you use FB, download Friendcaster and move it to your sd card.  Can't use the widget, but saves space on a phone that needs to be used efficiently.  Had my intercept over a yr and half lol..

Wizard

See the bullets below that are noted in the updates blog.  The forums were updated early to correspond with a Sprint Zone notification that's sent to your device...they always send it a few days early and I wanted to make sure there was sufficient info in the forums.  

- Released in stages with 100% of devices having received the update within 10 days.

- Updates are available OTA (over the air) only and are 'pushed' to devices in stages.  Device selection is random.

Journeyman

I've also had mine for over a year and half. Really asking for a punishment.

I would abosultely love to root my intercept, but have not found a clear way to do it, or a rom to replace it with. Do you have an insights on that?

Journeyman

was offered update. tried and errored. checked updates none found. I hate this phone!!!!

Journeyman

I received a message on my phone that the update software had downloaded and was ready to install. I clicked OK and the phone rebooted but it has been longer than 20 minutes and my phone is stuck on the Samsung black screen (black screen with white Samsung letters). How long should I let the phone remain in this state before doing something?

Journeyman

My phone has been stuck on a screen that shows an exclamation point inside a triange and a green android dude for over an hour and a half.  What should I do?

Journeyman

My phone has been stuck at the screen showing an exclamation triangle and the droid as well for over an hour. I made sure I had a full battery before applying the update.

Not cool.

I took out the battery and restarted the phone. It had a black screen with text saying something about manual update mode and I hit the optical joystick and it seems to restart the phone normally (my old wallpaper was still there). It was really slow after the initial reboot. I then ran all phone updates manually from settings to make sure nothing was missed (it did not pull anymore updates aside from the PRL upgrading).