cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email question

Highlighted
Journeyman

Email question

I recently bought a Samsung Intercept.  I already had a Gmail account for email but the default @email in the phone also acknowledges my incoming email notifications.  Is there a way to diable the @email icon and only use the Gmail icon and notification?

Thanks so much.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

The Intercept is still fairly new to me. Meaning I haven't learned all the features yet. But you should be able to go into "settings" then tap "Accounts & sync" then tap the account you want to delete under Manage Accounts then tap Remove Account at the bottom of the screen. Hope this helps.

Jeff

Highlighted
Journeyman

Jeff.  Still new to me as well.  Unfortunately that doesn't help.  I only have the Gmail acct activated through the phone.  And most recently what I did was go into accts and uncheck the other email icon so that Gmail is the only application that aknowledges incoming emails and I still recieved TWO notifications that I received email (your reply actually).  I am still stuck.  Let me know if you come across some sort of fix .

Bud.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It sounds like you have both the Google GMail app AND the Android email app syncing your GMail.

You need to just remove your GMail account from the @email app and just use the GMail app.

You can check under Settings, Accounts & Sync (or something like that).

If you can't find it there open the @email app and click on Menu and look in the settings for a way to remove your GMail account from it.

Todd

Highlighted
Journeyman

That's it.  Thanks Todd.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat