cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Reboot won't take me to menu?!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hard Reboot won't take me to menu?!

On all the sites I can find a hard reboot is done by holding down the volume button and turning the phone off then releasing the volume button when the boot menu appears. That's all great and fine, except I never get the menu . I've been have some problems with major lagg, so bad I can't even answer phone calls (too many apps lol, though I am running atk) so I wanted to start from scratch (was thinking of cyanmodding it to) but I can't do either option, if I can't reach the stupid menu. Is there another way to reach it, or maybe insight into why I can't?

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Hard Reboot won't take me to menu?!

im fairly annoyed as well as i cant get the phone to hard reset. I hold the volume down button then hit power and the phone just turns on.  You can do a wipe though under privacy in settings but i am trying to get it to work from the phone being powered off.

Journeyman

Re: Hard Reboot won't take me to menu?!

ok this is what worked for me.

when the phone is powered off hold the volume down button

then press and hold the power button until you see the samsung logo on screen. Then release the power button BUT continue to hold down the volume down button

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat