cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant save ringtones to my contacts is anyone else having this problem or do i have a defective phone?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I cant save ringtones to my contacts is anyone else having this problem or do i have a defective phone?

i download ringtones from a app i got in the market and I have the option to save under a contact but when the person calls the default ringer plays but not my selected tone. is there an software or hardware up date the manual has details stated you can save ringtones but my phone is not cooperating.

20 REPLIES 20
Journeyman

Re: I cant save ringtones to my contacts is anyone else having this problem or do i have a defective phone?

I don't even see the Ringtones button in the edit menu for any of my contacts.

Journeyman

Re: I cant save ringtones to my contacts is anyone else having this problem or do i have a defective phone?

i can save ringtones to contacts.. go to the contact and then click the first button on the phone and then click edit and when you scroll down you will see ringtone.

Journeyman

whitwhit,my wife just bought this phone and she saved my ringtone in my contact right away. i then called her and it played the default ringtone. all i did was turn the phone off then back on. called it and it worked. good luck!

Journeyman

I have no option to assign ringtone???

Journeyman

To assign a ringtone to a particular contact.. Go to the contact.. Select the contact(shows name and call or send message) then when you are there hit the option button(left soft touch key on bottom) go to edit.. then scrool down and you will see Ringtone there.. select ringtone then phone ringtone and pick what you like!!

Hope this helps

Journeyman

I called Samsung yesterday. I talked to tech about my phone. It seems there are some of us that have bad programs or incomplete programs on our phones, and the only resolution is to return them, and get new ones.... The earlier about edit contact, the scroll down and assign ring tone is correct, but I and others dont have that option ( bad program ) Ya know, when I bought the intercept, I was told it was an upgrade from the moment, I now find out it is a downgrade, but the intervcept has what I consider a more user friendly keyboard. This could have been the re introduction of a good phone from the Galaxy line. Instead it is simply not... Why do corporations get so close to a right, then figure out how to do it wrong????

Journeyman

That is a little insane.  Both my parents phones are suffering from that issue.

Journeyman

I am told by Samsung tech support, that if a phone doesnt have the option to assign ringtones to callers then it has a defective program. I was also told that there are probably other issues to but you havent discovered them yet. You have choices , 1 if the phone is new (less then 30 days old) return it for a new phone, or 2 you can try to have a service center reinstall the program. I had the service center reinstall the program, and I also did a master reset and neither fixed my problem, so I will be sending mine back.....   Hope this helps, cuz tech support is hit and miss on this phone

Basically I am reiterating my previous post.... Hey wanna hear somthin really strange on this topic? I got a return follow up call from an actuall tech support guy, that is strange in itself, but he called me at 1 am in the morning???? WTF was he thinkin. That was just adding salt to a wound as far as I am concerned

Message was edited by: Mustang6147

Journeyman

HEY ALL I FIGURED IT OUT WHEN YOU GO UNDER CREATE A NEW CONTACT THE RINGTONE OPTION IS THERE BUT IF UR CONTACTS CAME FROM GOOGLE OR ANY OTHER 3RD PARTY THT YOU MAY HAVE HAD TO TRANFER CONTACTS OVER TO UR NEW PHONE YOU WONT SEE THE RINGTONE OPTION. SO WHAT I DID WAS SOME OF THE CONTACTS I WANTED TO HAVE TONES TO I JUS RECREATED THEM AND YOU HAVE THE OPTION TO SAVE UNDER UR PHONE OR GOOGLE I SAVED THEM UNDER MY PHONE AND LINKED IT TO THE EXSISITING CONTACT THTS ON GOOGLE THT WAY U WONT LOSE THT CONTACT IF U EVER HAVE TO REBOOT OR GET A NEW PHONE. SOUNDS HARD BUT IT REALLY WAS EASY SO HOPE THIS HELPS U ALL THXS FOR RESPONDING!!!

Journeyman

Thanks Whit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That worked perfectly

Journeyman

Thanks Whitt, that worked!!!  Now if you can tell me why I cant get the internet when I have full bars I would love it.  I was at a baseball game with the kids this weekend.  They all also have sprint phones and we are on the same plan.  My husband and both our children with sprint phones could pull up the web.  I wanted to send an email to a friend and post a pic I had just taken to facebook.  However, no way could I get on the net.  Tried several ways, severa times over a period of 3 hours.  I have started to check and find that I cant get a connection to the web like 75% of the time.

Message was edited by: AngieJohnston01

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat