cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intercept phone won't ring - any advice?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Intercept phone won't ring - any advice?

I've gotten used to putting up with my Intercept, with all of its problems.  Now a new one has cropped up in the last 3 weeks.  My phone doesn't ring, just vibrate, then it goes to voicemail.  I've checked for software updates.  I've made sure the sound is turned on & on high volume.  I've shut the phone completely down and then on.  I've taken the battery out and re-inserted after being told that would reset it.  I've turned the vibrate off.  I'm running out of ideas.  Does anyone have ideas?  I know I need a new phone, but can't even think about it until after the holidays, so I need to deal with this phone for a while longer.  I hate this phone!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Intercept phone won't ring - any advice?

Jewels205,

Well that certainly sounds frustrating.  I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing so many issues with your device.  I would try changing your ringtone first to see if it's an issue with the ringtone you're using.

To change your ringtone, go to Settings>Sound>Phone ringtone

Also check the sound profile to make sure that silent mode is not enabled.  To do so, go to Settings>Sound and confirm that Silent mode is set to Off.  If that does not resolve your issue, you might try a factory reset of your device. 

Note:  Please ensure that your data is backed up before performing the reset.  This will erase all non backed up content on your device.

To perform a factory rest, go to Settings>Privacy>Factory data reset.

If all of the above is not able to resolve your issue, I would recommend taking your device to your nearest Service and Repair location.  This will allow them to diagnose the root cause of the issue and repair and/or replace the device if necessary.  Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support
Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat