cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Unavailable

Journeyman

Network Unavailable

Sorry if this is an obvious answer but I'm new to smartphones. These things are happening about 50% of the time I attempt the following functions:

I get "Web page not available" when attempting to use the Google search function or the web browser.

When accessing the Market I get "A network error has occurred. Retry, or cancel and return to the previous screen."

When using the YouTube app and the search function with it, I get "java.net.socketexception: network unreachable."

During these events, I have 2-3 bars, phone and messaging works fine, and a coworker with sprint 3G but a different phone can access the browser just fine.

Please advise.

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Network Unavailable

What phone are you having the problems with?

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

Sorry. Details. Samsung Intercept.

Journeyman

I bought 2 of those phones, 1 for myself and one for my other half. Mine works fine (black/charcoal), hers on the other hand can never get any network connection, browser, youtube, android market 80% of the time (pink). I think hers may be defective as mine works fine and isnt the area we are in.

Or if anyone else can explain the problem and how to fix im taking hers back to sprint.

Journeyman

Ironic. Mine is the black one and has a problem. My finacee got a pink one and has had no complaints yet. I would not think case color to be the culprit.

That said, it has been fine since the original posting. I'm continuing to watch it with a judgmental eye, though.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the black one and I am constantly having this issue. Its really annoying because the phone is only 2 weeks old and didnt have this issue the first week?

~frustrating!!!~

Journeyman

I have the same error constantly on my LG Optimus in the Amarilo, TX area. Would love to be able to use the services I'm paying for, Sprint.

Journeyman

No service here in town at Sulphur Springs,Texas. Dropped calls,poor reception and all Sprint can say is We will check out problem and call you back. Tomorrow makes a week!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat