Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No GPS after 2.2 update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: No GPS after 2.2 update

bchogan wrote:

I've seen others have the same issue (among other things) of the GPS not working after the 2.2 update. Figured I'd post here to see if anybody wants to chime in.

In addition, I lost a notepad app and had a couple lock ups and the battery indicator was incorrect for a while. The battery indicator seems to be working fine now.

I also don't know if this is an issue, but I used to have buttons for wifi, bluetooth, gps and ringer volume on the notifications pulldown screen. But after the update, they're gone. I don't know if this is a normal for froyo, but I used to use those buttons all the time.

Amen. I have the same problem and was ready to take my phone back to the store. I thought it was me - an inability to somehow adapt to the world of intelligent wireless... mind you I'm no tech newbie, but I'm finding it harder to keep up lately. Anyway...I'm glad to have found this place so now maybe, if I can't find a fix, I can keep others company while waiting.

I too lost notes from the notepad app and also miss the smaller power buttons at the top of notification screen - I had to resort to using the way too large widget. I'm grateful there are more screens on the phone though. My phone locks up all the time - even before the update. It also takes a good 3 minutes or so to load up when I turn it on which - unfortunately is daily because I have to turn it off at work or drain my batter from no signal on the job.

I've only had my phone since mid November so I expected a learning curve but this is crazy.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat