Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered the phone on Monday...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ordered the phone on Monday...

Hi everybody!

I ordered the phone on Monday and was surprised to receive it by Tuesday. I was really excited to get the phone since it would be my first Android phone. Before I could start to transfer my contacts, the phone informed me that it had just finished downloading Android 2.2. I had heard about the upgrade (and some of the problems) and was happy that it was done before I had put anything on the phone.

Everything seemed to be fine, especially since I didn't really explore the phone before the upgrade, however the phone won't let me download/save anything to the Micro SD card. I thought one of the new features of Android 2.2 was the ability to save apps to the external memory. None of the apps that were preloaded, nor the one app that I downloaded (Yahoo Mail) are allowing me to save to my Micro SD card (the option is shown, but it is blacked out/ can't "tap" on it). It's not a size issue because I am using the included SD card (2 GB), and trying another SD card from another phone that I know works. Also when I put the Micro SD card that comes with the phone in my old phone I can save items to it.

What's going on? I would really appreciate any help with this problem.

Message was edited by: CALIKAE

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Ordered the phone on Monday...

The problem is that you ordered a Samsung Intercept. I regret the same choice I made everyday. Luckily you are well within the 30 days to return it for a device that actually, makes and receives calls.

Things you have to look forward to from your new purchase:

"The application 'phone' has stopped working. ForceClose"-while you're trying to answer an incoming call.

"New Voicemail" notifications. They leave you wondering when someone called because not only did your phone not ring, there is no record of an incoming call in your phone log. YAY!

Having to repeatedly turn off and back on your phone so your radio will turn back on, because it likes to shut off at the most random times.

And all this, withing TWO DAYS!

Thus I seriously recommend, getting a new (and different) phone.

If you don't believe me look at the other discussion titled "RECALL THE SAMSUNG INTERCEPT" that has over 13,000 replies. There is a reason more than a few people have a problem with this phone. It's because it's non-functional. But Sprint employees are quick to say "really? that happened? we've never had any complaints about this phone."  BULL SHIT.

Highlighted

There are only some applications that can be saved to your SDcard.  It depends on the application itself.  I do know that most games can be saved to SDcard.  You will just have look when you download an application.

I hope this was helpful.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Ray is right on the money.  The application developer has to set the flag to allow or disallow the app to be installed to the SD card.

If you have an app that you really need / want to move to the SD card, you can reach out to the developer.  They all have their contact info listed in the Market app.

Thanks for the post and congrats on your new phone!

Will

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the reply!

So yes, I have been informed that only certain applications can be saved to the SD card, such as games downloaded from the Market, and not, for exaple Yahoo Mail. However after I figured that out, even when I tapped "move to SD card" option for those items that did grant the option, the internal memory would always decrease with each newly installed app, while my SD card remained the same. Yet the application itself claimed that it was on the SD card. I couldn't figure out what was wrong, and used several different micro SD cards just for good measure and the same problem existed. I finally decide to call customer service, did the hard reset twice, and now the conclusion is my phone is defective.

Let's hope that once I pick up a new Intercept at my local store I'll have better luck.

Thanks again.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat