cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RECALL THE SAMSUNG INTERCEPT

Highlighted
Journeyman

RECALL THE SAMSUNG INTERCEPT

SAMSUNG AND SPRINT SHOULD RECALL THE INTERCEPT TO PROTECT THIER REPUTATION. THE INTERCEPT IS CLEARLY A PROBLEMATIC PHONE. I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS WITH MINE. FREEZES, HANGS UP, SLOW, WONT RESPOND, INTERNET WONT WORK, ETC.,ETC., ETC. A SPRINT REP TOLD ME THAT THE INTERCEPT DIDNT HAVE ANY BAD REVIEWS WELL HE MUST NOT HAVE READ SPRINTS OWN WEB SITE. SPRINT SHOULD IN GOOD FAITH PULL THIS PHONE OUT OF ITS PHONE LIST AND REPLACE EXISITING CUST'S PHONES. MY INTERCEPT AND MANY OTHERS THAT I HAVE READ ABOUT IN REVIEWS ARE JUNK !

228 REPLIES 228
Highlighted
Journeyman

I TOTALLY AGREE! i'VE ONLY HAD MY INTERCEPT FOR ABOUT A MONTH AND IT ALREADY DOESN'T WORK. THE OTHER DAY IT TURNED OFF AND RESET ITSELF AND I LOST EVERYTHING. INCLUDING MY CONTACTS! NOW IT DOESNT WORK! SAT ON THE PHONE FOR 45 MINUTES WITH TECH SUPPORT AND THEY CAN'T EVEN FIGURE IT OUT! SO, THEREFORE NOW I OWE $400+ FOR A WORTHLESS POS PHONE! BEAUTIFUL!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I haven't had any major issues with my device in the three months I've had it. 

That being said, if Sprint contacted me this afternoon & asked if they could replace my Intercept with a Transform free of charge I'd freaking LEAP at that offer!

Journeyman

Third in line to agree!!! Purchased the one beginning of September and started having probems two weeks later...I fought through the issues for another two weeks and just when I was ready to rtuen the phone my 30 day window for return was up..so now I'm stuck. Batter stopped working all of a sudden. When I contact Sprint-they told me I could (through my insurance plan) get a "remanufactured" phone if my pay a $50 deductible!!!! I only paid $75 for the phone on a upgrade so you want me to buy the same worthless peice of junk again!!!!?????? UGGGHHHH!!!! I've been with Sprint since 2004 and they have steadily been losing credibility with me!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree!!! I had my Intercept for about a month and it was a piece of crap. I sold it on ebay and went to radio shack and got the BB 8530 for like 50$.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Have you tried downloading Advanced Task Killer Free (ATK)? One of the reasons these phones lag and freeze up is because there are so many processes running in the background. Can you efficiently do 10 things at once? No? Well, neither can your phone.

ATK Free will free up some memory, and help you enjoy your phone. There are bugs, because the technology is not yet stable. There are a lot of forums out there that are more helpful than this one, and even more advanced users who are willing to help.

When I got my Samsung Intercept, it was slow. There were about 13 apps running. As soon as I read a few reviews online, and downloaded ATK, my phone worked fabulously.

Every time you turn it off and back on, run the ATK app, and it will shut down all the stuff you aren't using.

Also, turn off wifi if you aren't using it. It kills your battery, and is one more process that your phone has to think about.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I also have the Intercept and have nothing but problems with it. Constant freezes, hang ups, slow performance, etc., Even with ATK, the performance of my phone is mediocre at best. I've even tried things like uninstalling apps I rarely use, installing a better loader app, and installing ATK. Makes me wish I would have never wasted my upgrade to get this piece of junk, and had spent more to get a better phone like the Evo. At this point even concider "downgrading" just to have less headaches.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have heard a lot of mixed reviews. It seems like maybe there are just some Intercept phones floating around out there with a lot of problems. As a last resort, you could find someone to help you root your phone. I am considering it, because I want complete control over my phone, instead of being a helpless "user".

If you know someone who is tech-savvy, and you consider all of the risks, try rooting your phone. It will basically let you control every app and aspect of how your phone operates.

I found a well-written article with a lot of helpful links, if you are interested in the process. http://www.androidcentral.com/rooting-it-me-some-qa

I heard a lot of people say all of their buggy problems went away when they rooted their phones.

Good luck!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I absolutely agree, please recall this phone and/or offer us an upgrade.  I'd be happy to hand Sprint another $100-150 to upgrade out of this disaster.  The only thing this phone does well is keep papers from flying off my desk.  I literally take the battery out and put it back in 10-20x a day.  When the phone does work it is very slow and laggy.  Don't try doing more than one thing at a time.  If you are texting and web browsing at the same time and happen to receive a phone call, get ready to miss the call and pop out the battery and wait 3min for it to reboot and then call the person back.  My contract with Verizon was up and I wasn't happy with them as a cell provider or for my land line.  I heard good things about Sprint's plans and service so I went to the Sprint Store.  I originally wanted an Evo for my wife and the Epic for myself.  Guess what, there was a nationwide shortage or something and it wasn't available at any Sprint Store anywhere.  I was politely directed across the street to best buy.  Personally I won't buy so much as a pack of gum from best buy let alone a cell phone!  The nice gentleman asked what I was looking for in a phone and I told him I wanted to browse the web, watch some videos, text my wife and call my friends.  He brought me over the Intercept and poured on the salesmanship.  According to the box this phone should do all of those things.  Well let me tell you, it does none of them well.

I called the customer service and spoke with tech support, went through all the troubleshooting procedures with them.  I took the phone to the Sprint Store where physically there appeared to be nothing wrong with it.  I did hard resets, I did OS rollbacks, I did reset to default settings, I have tried and exhausted every option to make this phone function correctly.  The last time I was in the Sprint Store I was so angry I spoke with the Store Manager who suggested I email dan@sprint.com, the CEO of Sprint.  I did this, and for anyone else who wants to I hope you don't expect to get Dan, he's probably fishing on a yacht somewhere, what you can expect is Mike, or Joe, or Larry(fictitious names of course). 

Well, after dealing with the executive customer service representative my request for a new phone was denied.  I was then told that I could go to the Sprint Store repair and get a refurbished unit of the same model.  Now wait a minute, refurbished means used and/or previously defective but supposedly fixed.  Now tell me why I would want to trade out my brand new piece of junk for a used piece of junk?  My 30 days were barely over when the Epic's and Evo's arrived, but guess what 30 days is 30 days, welcome to your new 2 yr contract, do not pass go, do not collect $200.  I'm not even 2 months in and I already regret leaving Verizon.  Even more so I regret the friends and family that I talked into going with Sprint as well.  Luckily none of them got the Intercept or else I'm sure they would be more upset at me for recommending them then at Sprint for carrying this horrible phone. 

So, for those of you who do not have issues with your phone, and you seem to be the minority...  Count your blessings.  For everyone else feeling the same pain that I am right now I suggest you also email dan@sprint.com and voice your frustrations.  Maybe if enough of us complain something will have to be done.  I just can't believe how wonderfully nice the Customer Service Reps are in the first 30 days and how unhelpful and rude they are afterwards. 

Sprint, if nothing else, please offer a bottle of lube with all Intercept purchases so people aren't so sore next time...

Highlighted
Journeyman

@Wishkah, I agree with you completely. I have been a Sprint customer for a little over 5yrs and have never had such bad customer service as the past six months. I originially bought the moment in April and had it changed out 3 times in the first 4 months and now got the intercept and just recieved my 2nd one in less than two weeks. So 5 phones in 6 months is horrible. Ive been told by numerous Sprint employees how all of the android phones are horrible except the evo or epic..one of the 4G phones. They all keep saying Im a valued customer and appreciate my service but they do nothing for me. I was told to bring it to the corporate store in Waterford, CT because they were a repair store for them to send me to Norwich, CT because no they are really a repair store and find out..none of them are..its in Newington, CT. Im in Griswold, CT so driving to either stores is a hike for me. Im tired of being pushed around and lied to.

In regards to their phones, this one is definitely a piece of crap. From day one, it didnt want to answer or the caller id didnt work. Then it didnt want to hang up. The buttons wouldnt work and the phone was freezing. The Facebook app doesnt work..and Ive tried uninstalling it and reinstalling to get it to work. Ive had to restart my phone about ten times a day. Ive had to take the battery out a few times. I cant add ringtones to phone numbers that already exist in my phone. Sometimes, I cant get into apps..even ones on the phone already just kicks me out repeatedly and I have to shut the phone down. The text messaging sometimes after I get a text to reply I have to shut the phone down and then reply and when they reply back, I have to shut the phone down again to answer back. The battery life isnt as bad as the moment but just the same. Ive tried using the ATK and doenst make a difference. Ive tried not installing apps..downloading only a few at the time..downloading only certain ones..all the same.

As soon as I can, Im leaving Sprint. I dont care anymore that service everywhere else is more expensive. Im willing to spend more money for better service. I was much happier with Verizon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Everyone should really try the Zeam Launcher .

I haven't had to restart my Intercept for 350+ hours

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ive had nothing but problems with this damn phone since ive gotten it..

first time issues began i went to the sprint store and the idiot working there downloaded the Task Killer

ended up causing me evern more problems...this is the worst phone i have ever had...Not even Metro PCS phones cause these many issues..

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat