ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RECALL THE SAMSUNG INTERCEPT

Journeyman

Re: RECALL THE SAMSUNG INTERCEPT

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE VERY WORST PHONE EVER MADE..THE FACT THAT SPRINT SAYS THEY HAVE NO ISSUES: SHOWS POOR BUSINESS ON THEIR BEHALF...IVE HAD NOTHING BUT TROUBLE WITH THIS PHONE A WEEK AFTER PURCHASING: I WENT TO THE SPRINT STORE THE CLERK DOWNLOWDED THE TASK KILL APP..AND IT MADE IT WORST.. WENT BACK TO THE STORE AND RECIEVED THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER...AND THIS CRAPPY PHONE IS STILL SCREWED UP.

IT WOULD DEFITINITLY BE IN THE BEST INTEREST OF SPRINT AND SAMSUNG TO RECALL OR OFFER AN UPGRADE ASAP

Journeyman

no offense...but that post sounds like it comes directly from a sprint employee...not buying it

9 out of 10 people cant all be wrong...

Journeyman

i have owned this phone for roughly 4 months and i have expierenced all the problems that you can expierence with this model.  what you all dont know is that its not the phone lagging at all there is actually an unchangable setting for open speed.  all the problems are residing in the operating system because i installed launcher pro and made it my default handler and most of the problems like the home and back buttons not working are minimal.  i have an overall better system stability and performance out of my phone now.  hell i can even play gameboy advance games on this thing now.  i know the phone as it is is imperfect but if sprint releases android 2.2 with froyo then we will all have a better phone.  i personally will be using cyanogenmod when they release it for the intercept because rooted phones run so much better anyways but feel free to google littlekernel 2.0 or squeal joy 2.1 but always take care because if you do it wrong you will brick your phone.   course most of you dont truly understand what this phone can do when its programmed correctly so please keep complaining and lets get 2.2 so this phone can finally run with the big dogs.  please dont recall this phone just fix the os and give us froyo.  and for everyone else DL launcher pro it will make things alot better for your until 2.2

Journeyman

ningrao wrote:

no offense...but that post sounds like it comes directly from a sprint employee...not buying it

9 out of 10 people cant all be wrong...

Are you referring to my post?  Because that may be the most offensive thing I've read on a message board in quite some time....haha...

You don't have to buy it, it's a free app - JUST TRY IT & SEE FOR YOURSELF...

There's plenty of options out there to make this phone better, but asking Sprint for help (unfortunately!) isn't 1 of them. 

You don't want to try it that's fine with me, I don't have to use your phone. 

The fact remains that my phone runs very smoothly on Zeam & I haven't had to reboot the device in nearly two weeks

Journeyman

I absolutely agree, please recall this phone and/or offer us an upgrade.  I'd be happy to hand Sprint another $100-150 to upgrade out of this disaster.  The only thing this phone does well is keep papers from flying off my desk.  I literally take the battery out and put it back in 10-20x a day.  When the phone does work it is very slow and laggy.  Don't try doing more than one thing at a time.  If you are texting and web browsing at the same time and happen to receive a phone call, get ready to miss the call and pop out the battery and wait 3min for it to reboot and then call the person back.  My contract with Verizon was up and I wasn't happy with them as a cell provider or for my land line.  I heard good things about Sprint's plans and service so I went to the Sprint Store.  I originally wanted an Evo for my wife and the Epic for myself.  Guess what, there was a nationwide shortage or something and it wasn't available at any Sprint Store anywhere.  I was politely directed across the street to best buy.  Personally I won't buy so much as a pack of gum from best buy let alone a cell phone!  The nice gentleman asked what I was looking for in a phone and I told him I wanted to browse the web, watch some videos, text my wife and call my friends.  He brought me over the Intercept and poured on the salesmanship.  According to the box this phone should do all of those things.  Well let me tell you, it does none of them well.
     I called the customer service and spoke with tech support, went through all the troubleshooting procedures with them.  I took the phone to the Sprint Store where physically there appeared to be nothing wrong with it.  I did hard resets, I did OS rollbacks, I did reset to default settings, I have tried and exhausted every option to make this phone function correctly.  The last time I was in the Sprint Store I was so angry I spoke with the Store Manager who suggested I email mailto:dan@sprint.com, the CEO of Sprint.  I did this, and for anyone else who wants to I hope you don't expect to get Dan, he's probably fishing on a yacht somewhere, what you can expect is Mike, or Joe, or Larry(fictitious names of course).
     Well, after dealing with the executive customer service representative my request for a new phone was denied.  I was then told that I could go to the Sprint Store repair and get a refurbished unit of the same model.  Now wait a minute, refurbished means used and/or previously defective but supposedly fixed.  Now tell me why I would want to trade out my brand new piece of junk for a used piece of junk?  My 30 days were barely over when the Epic's and Evo's arrived, but guess what 30 days is 30 days, welcome to your new 2 yr contract, do not pass go, do not collect $200.  I'm not even 2 months in and I already regret leaving Verizon.  Even more so I regret the friends and family that I talked into going with Sprint as well.  Luckily none of them got the Intercept or else I'm sure they would be more upset at me for recommending them then at Sprint for carrying this horrible phone.
     So, for those of you who do not have issues with your phone, and you seem to be the minority...  Count your blessings.  For everyone else feeling the same pain that I am right now I suggest you also email mailto:dan@sprint.com and voice your frustrations.  Maybe if enough of us complain something will have to be done.  I just can't believe how wonderfully nice the Customer Service Reps are in the first 30 days and how unhelpful and rude they are afterwards.

Journeyman

I would have to agree with everyone on here. This is a horribly made phone. Eve with Advanced Task Killer, it lags like nothing else and barely works. The worst part is you can never HANG UP A CALL. I mean you push the button and it does not hang up. If the other person hangs up, it calls them back 2-3 times, without you knowing. This is worst then tush dialing, and talk about eating up minutes and battery life.

This phone should be recalled, horrible horrible phone. Had it since September and already want to just chuck it. This makes "Smart phones" look dumb. I mean seriously, it cannot even handle a simple "Hang Up" command?

UGHHH, Please recall it sprint and offer a more suitable phone, that can be used for every day calling without this nonsense!

Message was edited by: frost110

Highlighted
Journeyman

Actually, I was having a little bit of a lag problem with the phone myself.

I'd be playing a game and then I'd get a text and the entire thing would freeze for at least 3 minutes trying to process.

I DID download the Zeam thing, and it really did help. Greatly. THANK YOU for your suggestion. The combination of the Zeam and the ATK have seriously changed the way my phone operates. Lifesaver!!!

Don't knock it til you try it!

Not saying this is a solution for everyone's issues, but it certainly helped mine!!!

Journeyman

I too HATE my Intercept!!!!  It is very slow...freezes up 80% of the time...hangs up... difficult to use...I keep taking it back and the rep continually says that it needs another update.  It has too many bugs and is very unreliable!!!  I wish Sprint would step up and recall these!!!

Journeyman

As much as I have been trying to be patient with this phone, I just cannot say that this is a great or even a decent attempt by Samsung on the Intercept and also am very dissapointed that Sprint has not done something to rectify this situation.  I have tried to really enjoy this phone as I really love the concept of it but the constant freeze ups, the heating up, the force closes, cancelled openings of apps, phone, messages, etc, etc, etc!!!!  I am for the first time in my collective eight or so years I have been a loyal customer with Sprint, just plain frustrated and truly hope that the give us something to regain faith, either a recall, or Froyo....if it will even help, I just don't know anymore.  Oh and I have attempted many a task killer and while I have to admit that it has helped, it really has not solved this issues, just lessened them a tad bit.

Message was edited by: ALPHAWOLF1392

Journeyman

YES PLEASE I TOTALLY AGREE THIS PHONE MAKES ME HATE SPRINT I THOUGHT THAT THEY WOULD HAVE CONSIDERED TO TEST THIS PHONE BEFORE THEY DECIDE TO SELL IT TO THEIR CUSTOMERS.....THIS PHONE LAGS ON EVERY SCREEN I CHOOSE.....IT ALWAYS "ASKS FORCE CLOSE OR WAIT"  i WANT TO JUST SCREAM!!!HALF OF THE TIME WHEN I GO TO ANSWER A PHONE CALL IT WILL FREEZE ON ME AND I MISS VERY IMPORTANT PHONE CALLS DUE TO THE "POS" STUPID FREAKIN PHONE!!!  I GOT IT FOR MY BIRTHDAY FROM THE MAIN ACCOUNT HOLDER ON OUR SPRINT ACCOUNT AND HE IS STILL PAYING FOR THIS POS!!!  THIS PHONE IS VERY BADLY NEEDING TO BE RECALLED!!!!

SO SPRINT PLEASE DO THIS FOR US!!!!

THANK YOU

Journeyman

I have tried so hard to like this phone. I really have. The body styling, and the features are great. It worked WONDERFULLY for the first couple of days. But if it's a regularly used phone (like mine are), there's no hope. I've hard reset, ATK, everything that could be done... And it's still horrible. I waste my upgrade on this phone, I should have paid the extra $100 for the Evo or the new BlackBerry!

I'm switching to my old BlackBerry tomorrow... Come on, if there are this many problems with this phone, WHY do you keep selling it?!

Journeyman

http://forum.sdx-developers.com/intercept-development/intercept-recovery-(important-features-working...

http://forum.sdx-developers.com/intercept-development/(rom)-androdena-rom/

this is a site that has all kinds of software upgrades for our intercepts.  i know alot of us out there are newbies to the whole android system (not myself) but the problems with the intercept is all software related.  with a little bit of reading in that forum and a few upgrades to your software you will make your intercept run beautifully.  the intercept stock from sprint will get an average of 2 mflops with linpack and with the upgraded software you will see speeds up to 9.6 mflops.  for thoes who dont understand what a megaflop is it is relative to the speed of your phone. its kinda like horsepower in cars.  if you want your intercept to run awesomly like mine (8.6 mflops)  use the top link first to flash your recovery and then follow the second link for how to install squeal joy 2.2 and frozen eclair 9.1 with the androdena rom.  it will take you 30 mins top to read the directions DL the software and blamo you have a speedy intercept.  i personally prefer to add launcher pro for the sense function of the phone.  launcher pro does very well at fixing the home and back buttons being unresponsive throw ATK on top of that and Titainium backup to remove the sprint apps you dont want or need and http://wiki.sdx-developers.com/index.php/Safe_Apps_to_Remove thats the list of safe ones to delete.  the intercept has potential but needs new software to function properly.  android 2.1 is the most buggy software on any android released so if you want your phone to run good either mod it like i did or push sprint for android 2.2 or 2.3 or 3.0.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat