cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RECALL THE SAMSUNG INTERCEPT

Highlighted
Journeyman

RECALL THE SAMSUNG INTERCEPT

SAMSUNG AND SPRINT SHOULD RECALL THE INTERCEPT TO PROTECT THIER REPUTATION. THE INTERCEPT IS CLEARLY A PROBLEMATIC PHONE. I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS WITH MINE. FREEZES, HANGS UP, SLOW, WONT RESPOND, INTERNET WONT WORK, ETC.,ETC., ETC. A SPRINT REP TOLD ME THAT THE INTERCEPT DIDNT HAVE ANY BAD REVIEWS WELL HE MUST NOT HAVE READ SPRINTS OWN WEB SITE. SPRINT SHOULD IN GOOD FAITH PULL THIS PHONE OUT OF ITS PHONE LIST AND REPLACE EXISITING CUST'S PHONES. MY INTERCEPT AND MANY OTHERS THAT I HAVE READ ABOUT IN REVIEWS ARE JUNK !

228 REPLIES 228
Highlighted
Journeyman

I just recently got a Samsung Intercept and it came with the android 2.2 froyo. I have been reading all of the problems people on here are having and I can truly say my Intercept has none of these problems! Have any of those of you having these problems gone to sprints website and upgraded your phones to the 2.2.1 froyo? No it does not help with USB driver install to sync our phones to my computer, but i suspect your phones will run just as well as mine does!   Also I am riunning a 8 gig class 6 Micro SD if that helps at all.

Highlighted
Journeyman

We've had this phone for less than a week and it sucks. It crashes constantly and freezes up. It came with 2.2.1 on it so there's nothing to update it to. I expect a better respones from Sprint in regards to this phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ive had the phone for a month and have had issues since the 1st day i got it...i called and spent all day on the phone with sprint and still nothing so i reported them to the bbb and also wrote to HQ.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Have you tried doing any updates to your phone? or installing advanced task killer? I have done both and my phone works great! It even play's my Tank Destroyer 3-D Pro version about 100%  better then it did on my HTC Hero the Hero was running a beta version for HTC Android 2.2 Froyo, but it was lower than all hell get out! And no I don't work for Sprint!!!!!! For some reason my Intercept works very well! I even got my windows 7 64 bit computer to install the USB connection and am able to sync computer to phone using mass file transfer.

There has to be a way to get your phones working as well as mine! keep calling samsung and sprint for a fix

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree with these comments, I purchased this phone for my wife last August and it freezes all the time and that is only one of the issues.  I would take it back today if I qualified for the upgrade plan this early.... I glad I got the EVO 4G, it is a wonderful phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I will never support Sprint again. This phone is total garbage. I've never seen a company so completely willing to screw their customers over in my life. I switched because they offered a better deal than Verizon, and now I understand why. THese phones constantly shut down, spend 20-30 minutes trying to dial out or send text messages apps don't open. I bought this because I was told the intercept was the best you can get for 3g. Shortly there after, Customer service tells me it's a different phone. I'm sorry but I never had these problems with Verizon, and I lived in a little hole in the wall called Fort Irwin. If any one knows about this place they will understand how difficult it is to get service out there.

For those who will try to sharp shoot me, yes I have ATK, I also have 2-3 other apps downloaded that weren't included on the phone. So no I am not overloading the phone.

IT IS SH!T.

I don't want a free upgrade, what I want is a reliable phone that will make a call when i use it. The only way sprint could possibly make up for this would be to STOP SELLING TRASH, replace the intercept with a reliable cell phone FOR FREE. If not I've read about a lot of people that will be going back to their old carriers and I for one will be joining them.

All in all Thanks again Sprint for once again screwing your customers over...... I will be cancelling my contract as soon as possible unless you come up with a fix, and going back to VERIZON, a company that actually has reliable phones and service.....

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is a frustrating phone. My phone will randomly reboot on its own several times a day. It will also be slow and unresponsive when I unlock it. It take a minute for it to sometimes start responding to my touchscreen actions. I would love to get rid of this phone and upgrade it to one that is similar physically but has more processing power and more memory for applications.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree with everything bad about this phone! this phone is a rip off and it really stinks all around!!

Journeyman

I have never made a complaint about any product, not that I can remember.

Now that I have read what everyone has said about the phone, I realize Its not jusy MY phone!!! I have always regretted giving up my Blackberry 8330 for this, I thought it would be a great equivalent replacement. NOT.  I too can hardly ever even MAKE a phone call, I have often thought, god forbid if I need to dial 911. I do not have a landline, this is my only phoen. The internet has never worked, its too slow. It works in my house only because I have it on wi-fi. It forcloses all the time, it randomly dials, and reboots itself. Really, VERY bad product. Actually last week, I ordered a new Blackberry 8330 for 66 bux off Amazon. I can't upgrade yet so I'm backtracking to a phone that I know I can rely on. What sad its, Sprint doesn't really care or most likely isn't even reading any of our posts.

Good luck to you all with these horrible phones, invest in a new Sprint phone off Amazon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree this is the worst phone and customer service I have ever had.  I HATE THIS PHONE!!!!!! I WANT A DIFFERENT PHONE.  Sprint has lost me as a customer over this phone.  I am going back to Verizon!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

The Sprint store tells me to call Sprint.  Sprint tells me to go to the Sprint store.  No one will help us.

I wouldn't want this phone for a child much less an adult.  I bought this phone for my wife who is a professional and concerned parent who needs to be in constant communication with her children.  She is very frustrated with the phone and with me for recommending it.  Now we have to suffer through these problems until August of 2012 or shell out $650 for a reliable phone on the Sprint network.  The specs on this phone are great.  I can see why so many of us would get taken.  This POS has more processing power than the first space shuttle used to put man in space, but the Intercept can't even handle text messaging here on earth.

It is cheaper to sign up with another carrier to get a free phone.  I may begin switching all 4 phones in my family as their contracts expire.  Especially now since we are being charged an extra $10/mo per device to cover the high data usage.  We also lost discounts on added lines, not to mention my ability to upgrade a device every year (since I don't qualify for S/P Gold despite paying $200/mo.)

If all us peons are making less money because of the recession, how come services are getting more expensive?  Why does the consumer always have to struggle to make up the difference on the mortgage payment for a CEO's mansion?

Thank you,

Gino

Highlighted
Journeyman

Your so RIGHT! I got my phone Oct 1 and By Nov 1 i was calling the store to change it! They told me I was stuck with it. I just dont what to do with this phone! SMH

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat