cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RECALL THE SAMSUNG INTERCEPT

Journeyman

Re: RECALL THE SAMSUNG INTERCEPT

Eh I'll give my opinion on it. Originally I bought the Samsung Moment ($50 in store sale at bestbuy) was my first android phone.....had no problems until one day the phone would just stay at the black screen with "Samsung" on it. Sent it to Sprint...said factory had recall on Moment so they gave me a new intercept. I didn't really have problems with it until like months after I got...like tiny things such as:

freezing

lag to then force close something

Was pretty much the biggy.... I've probably had it reset maybe like 6 times?

And what bothers me the most is that it'll do those at the worst times....like if I need call my mom....it'll freeze....then will actually force close the dialer. So I'll have to take the battery out and wait for it to come up again.

Now I'm not going to flame Samsung nor Sprint since this was the first time I've ever had a severe issue with a phone and I know Samsung makes good phones so really I'll just say the phone itself might not be "where it should be". Even when I go to the Sprint stores even they say the intercept is a bad phone. There was even one associate there who said she couldn't wait until she could upgrade from it (she has the Galaxy S 2)

I use to think it was the apps I had on it (which was only GO SMS Pro/Launcher EX,angry birds, and opera) but one time I got it factory resetted and didn't download any apps nor did I even put my SD card in (in case that was the problem) and still had occasional freeze,lag,force close. And I'm normal on the backing out of apps until Homescreen too...

I can upgrade in April but probably can't right away. Since I wanna get my money worth I'm going to get the Galaxy Nexus....if it's like Verizons then I have good hopes in that phone. I would get the Galaxy S2 but I don't want something my mom older has...want something different.

For the mean time I'll do another factory reset and send as many apps to SD as I can...maybe that'll help.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well...my phone going stupid again....keep freezing and closing the dialer (being able to dial out) Aunt called me 6 times.....and this was 20 mins ago and even turning the phone off didn't work....so probably gonna have to do a hard reset... sigh......this phone makes me sad....

Journeyman

I hate this phone with a passion.  It's also my first Android and after numerous reboots, I have the same issue, it doesn't work than it actually works.  And to top it off, for the last 3 hours it has been vibrating like its frozen for no reason. -_-  If they don't give me a new phone at Sprint tomorrow, I'll be going to another carrier, I'm sure MetroPCS has better service than this run around I've been getting.

Journeyman

i agree with you. i hate my phone i'm just waiting to upgrade my phone because the intercept is slow and freezes ALL the time.

Journeyman

I agree w/you! The phone sucks! I've been to the Sprint Store 3 times b/c of the issues w/this phone & I can't upgrade yet! Tomorrow will be the fourth time & if somethings not done,I will be talking to a manger or dropping them period! If I would have known this phone was gonna give me this many problems I would have never upgraded w/this phone. It does freeze alot & I can't even get on fb b/c it takes forever if it does decide to pull up!!!

Journeyman

I totally agree. I thought I would have been happy with this phone but it hasnt did anything but cause problems.

Journeyman

I totally agree. I thought this phone would ahve been good for me but it hasn't did anything but cause me problems.

Journeyman

I have replaced this phone once and took it to a service center on severl ocassions.  I do have the insurance but it is $100.00 everytime I get another one.  I refuse to replace again.  I would have paid more for replacing this phone because it does not work than I paid for the stupid phone.  I hate this phone and my daughters contract to update is not until September of this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Journeyman

My service on my othert two phones are great, but this phone (Samsung Intercept) is a piece of crap...it turns off and on when it wants to, I try to answer calls and the slider doesn't work. This is not the first Samsung phone that I've had but I thought that after all these years, their products would be a LOT better...NOT!!!

Sprint Employee

Hello CLM6345, I'm sorry that you've had trouble. This phone was released as a mid range to entry level android phone. This means it has less memory, and slower processing than the high end android phones. with this consideration, and considering the symptoms you had mentioned you may see an improvement in the phone's performance if you manage the data stored in the phone differently. usually it is recommended that you leave 50+ MB free of internal memory, clear old SMS/Call log often, disable unused features, exit apps when finished with them by pressing back arrow, or menu>exit if the option exists, if the phone still lags,/resets consider resetting phone and try using for a bit before you sign back into your gmail, or other sync accounts. if the problem continues although you have reset phone (removing all data from phone) and not yet signed into sync accounts then you may want to take the phone into a service & repair center.

Journeyman

"This means it has less memory, and slower processing than the high end android phones."

So RC1024 what you saying is Sprint customers were duped into buying an inferior phone from your stores yet are bound to a two year contract with no help only to be told "Yep, those are pieces of junk but you can try 10 or 20 steps to make it kinda work".

I went into one of your "Service Centers" and when they reset my phone it did nothing, however, I was blessed with a blank stare of "Um, Samsung recalled those phones, we don't sell them anymore".

Instead of posting tips on how to polish trash why don't you work with your company to eliminate ETF's when Sprint knowing sells product they know won't work with their network. Maybe after that discussion you can talk about what network speed is why Sprint refuses to impletment it. Your network is so bad we've told our clients that they WILL get timeout error while accessing our mobile site via Sprint, no other carriers fill our server logs like Sprint devices.

Message=Request timed out.

HTTP_X_WAP_PROFILE: http://device.sprintpcs.com/HTC

HTTP_X_NETWORK_TYPE:WIFI

screenshot_0706105425.png

Sprint Employee

That’s not what I said, They were not recalled, and we stopped selling them because like all mobile phones they had reached the end of their production run.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.