Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RECALL THE SAMSUNG INTERCEPT

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: RECALL THE SAMSUNG INTERCEPT

i totaly agree mine is a pos it keeps locking up and touch screen doesn't work half the time apps run with me even touching them ....i ask sprint about this and they said its a samsung problem take too a sprint store too be fix .i just want a new phone ill pay for a upgrade

Highlighted
Journeyman

I completely agree that this is the worst phone i've ever had in my life.  I don't know what to do with it.  Everytime i pick it up, I want to slide it open and crack it open and just break it into pieces!  It's just so frustrating because NOTHING works like it should!! Jeez!

Highlighted
Journeyman

i totally agree with you i have had 7 replacement between me and my girlfriend this phone is the worst i have ever had and its only getting worse i ahve thought about canceling my service because sprint customer service is rude and the suck at times we should start a potition for sprint to send us new phones actually the newest phone they have for so much trouble with these

Highlighted
Journeyman

I totally agree with everyone.  Sprint PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  recall this stupid phone.  I charged my yesterday 11/14/10 & it took 5 1/2-6 hours to charge.  Then this morning, I woke up & realized that the alarm on the phone hadn't gone off (luckily I didn't oversleep) & the phone is dead.  It won't turn on, is on the charger now but is not doing anything.  I have had this phone for 6 weeks & I am so upset w/ it that I am ready to put it under the tire of my truck & run over it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Totalmente d acuerdo.....se friza con frecuencia. la bateria NO sirveeee y sobre tod es lento. D Customer Service Dept pienso q son muy rudos y no comprenden los q es e pagar por algo q no sirve.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can't wait for 2.2! Just wish stupid Sprint would hurry up.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint, please plase please recall this phone.  This thing is a worthless.  The features should have read the following: 'Download up to 2 apps before phone becomes unusable.'  Definitely a hardware problem here and everyone that was suckered into buying this phone should get a full refund!!!  This phone is like buying a car that goes 150mph and gets 35mpg....oh but the gas tank only holds 2 gallons.  Come on Sprint, do the right thing here.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree. This is the second intercept i have had go bonkers on me. I intend on returning it very soon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

We have two Intercepts in our house my wife and myself.  Well I have to agree, Sprint needs to do something about the problems they are having with these phones.  Our Intercepts will for no reason go into airplane mode and you cannot get it to go off airplane mode until you take the battery out and do a reset.  Also sometimes you have to hit the screen several times to get the screen to change.  We are very furstrated with these phones. We have been Sprint customers going on 16 years and these have been the worst phones we have had.  It would appear based on the comments on these treads that Sprint is not concerned with maintaining customer relationships or longivity.  We plan to endur until the contracts are up and will see then, so Sprint will get another year out of me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I purchased my Intercept in November, have had it for about three weeks. Tech at Radio Shack showed me how to download Free Android Mate, to save battery and reduce background apps from running which was causing phone to freeze up.  Worked like a charm.  Now instead of using up my battery in abut 4 hours, requiring constant access to recharging, battery lasts about 12 or 13 hours!  Also, if I occasionally go to Android Mate App and choose Running, then stop apps I am not using between activities on the phone, then it does not freeze up on my either.

Remember, this phone is actually a hand held computer.  Any computer freezes up when you run more than the RAM is designed to handle at once.

I like my phone. Music quality is awesome, visual quality of photos, video, etc is unbelievably awesome, and I have good auditory quality on the earpiece, my bluetooth when connected, and the sound I generate on phone calls is very clear according to feedback from family and friends.

Maybe it is in the user?  This turned out to be my problem, until I learned more about managing my equipment correctly.

Respectfully offered,

Pat

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, let me just begin with this --

I, unlike you, did not need the assistance of a "Tech" @ Radioshack to inform me of the app that you referenced in your posting.  Why is that...?  Well, since this is not my first rodeo, I'm pretty well aware of how these technological devices operate, and I browsed and found a similar app myself shortly after I received and began using my phone (in September), which was within a matter of days.  Unfortunately to my dismay, the phone continued to exhibit the same problems that I have been experiencing.  Also note that I only use my phone for mostly texting, and the only use of my internet browser is for mobile banking.  I have no extra or unnecessary apps on my phone because I have no need for them (besides the very unhelpful one that is supposed to free up the usage of background applications as you stated).  I couldn't have any if I wanted to because I'm lucky if I can even get the phone's screen to unlock...I mean, you just have NO idea.

So, within the past few days I have reactivated my old BB Curve, which I currently consider to be my "ol' trusty."  Glad to hear that your phone seems to be just fine...good for you.

Thanks for offering your advice though.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You must have been reading my mind when you posted this! All of these posts regarding the Intercept are excatly how my husband and I feel about ours. It's been about a month and a half and of course since it's over the 30 day mark, they keep telling us that there's nothing they can do to help us and that we are just "STUCK" with this phone. They keep telling us about the "manufacturer's warranty" since it would be covered, but the simple fact is, why in the heck would I even want this phone again? They may think they have fixed the issue, but it's a little too much of a coincidence that both my husband and I, and 3 of our other friends and all of the people that have posted on here seem to have the SAME EXACT isues. I told the customer service lady that I would be more than willing to purchase an Evo or some other more expensive phone if they would just post my upgrade eligibility back to my account so I can start over like this never happened and I never even purchased the stupid Intercept to begin with. I even offered for them to sign me up on an additional 2 year contract after my 2 years I just received from purchasing the other phone, but no budging. This is just so pathetic to me...I've been a customer for 8+ years and never had a complaint, late payment, or given Sprint a hassle regarding my account. I still enjoy their service to the fullest and I know that the issues I'm having are strictly "phone" issues and nothing to do with the service...it just seems like they would be a little more accommodating since I am not asking for a refund...a credit...and before today, I wasn't even asking to cancel. I can't seem to figure out why this is so hard to comprehend...I simply don't want this phone and I want my upgrade eligibility back. I even went into the Sprint Store/Repair center (where they told me to use the manufacturer's waranty) and when I asked if there is absolutely any other option to get another model phone, he told me that I seem unhappy so I should just call to cancel my contract! Can you believe this??! I haven't had to deal with switching companies in over 8 years but shoot...$400 early termination isn't looking so bad at this point just so I can have a phone. We don't have a house phone...this is our only way to communicate..house bills...doctor appt's....child care...they ALL have this number. When I spoke with retentions (who seemed more than willing to cancel my account), he said it would cost me less money to just pay outright for 2 Evo's and turn our Intercept's in for a buy back credit of $150 total. Umm....that would still be $750!! Just to have new phones??? Wow...I don't think that is the cheaper way to go when Verizon has almost the exact same plan pricing, 2 free Droid Incredible (like their version of the Evo), free shipping, no activation fees, and free wirefly back up protection account. It's sounding a lot cheaper to just pay the $400 termination fee to me! Hopefully Verizon will value their long term customers more than Sprint is.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat