Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RECALL THE SAMSUNG INTERCEPT

Highlighted
Journeyman

RECALL THE SAMSUNG INTERCEPT

SAMSUNG AND SPRINT SHOULD RECALL THE INTERCEPT TO PROTECT THIER REPUTATION. THE INTERCEPT IS CLEARLY A PROBLEMATIC PHONE. I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS WITH MINE. FREEZES, HANGS UP, SLOW, WONT RESPOND, INTERNET WONT WORK, ETC.,ETC., ETC. A SPRINT REP TOLD ME THAT THE INTERCEPT DIDNT HAVE ANY BAD REVIEWS WELL HE MUST NOT HAVE READ SPRINTS OWN WEB SITE. SPRINT SHOULD IN GOOD FAITH PULL THIS PHONE OUT OF ITS PHONE LIST AND REPLACE EXISITING CUST'S PHONES. MY INTERCEPT AND MANY OTHERS THAT I HAVE READ ABOUT IN REVIEWS ARE JUNK !

228 REPLIES 228
Highlighted
Journeyman

This has got to be the worst phone Sprint has yet! I will be going through my 2nd Intercept since being back from deployment. Only been back for 3 months!!!!! And the Sprint Techs have no interests of even TRYING to help keep customers. Its "Have you tried to reset it? You have? Oh well. Might need to get another"! What kind of attitude is that?? Now I am stuck for 2 years. I am seriously thinking about going to another company.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I also have a lot of issues with my intercept. My phones freezes all the time. I'm constantly having to rebot the phone. Sometime it freezes to the point where I cannot even make phone calls. It's horrible and the lag time is just TERRIBLE. I also do not understand why this phone does not support a flash player?! I would not recommed this phone to anyone!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been thinking that exact same thing for quite some time now and have saved all the umpteenth messages Ive got to my computer. I'm just wondering if that'll do any good either. We all have wrote them, been to the stores, bla bla bla and they've told all of to pretty much get screwed! I'm just in awe about this and don't know what to do. I myself cant afford to run out and buy a new phone or start a plan somewhere else. IT IS SOOOOO FRUSTRATING!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Of course I'll sign the petition!  I can't use this phone without swaering profusely!  I would suggest you involve Google as well since they so proudly display their name on the back of this piece of crap.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Since I  got this phone I have had multiple issues with it.  The currently recurring one is when I reboot the phone due to lagging and it wont go past the black screen with the Samsung name.  I have already taken it to the Sprint store once, they fixed it saying it was a programming problem and now just a few weeks later it is doing it again.  I was beginning to think maybe it was just me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, I'm leaving this forum.  I finally got so sick of my phone (and Sprint's nonresponsiveness) that I went to ebay and bought a Blackberry.  I couldn't be happier, but in my book Sprint commited another deadly marketing sin - they sent me off site to get something I should have gotten through them.  My first step toward a new carrier...

Highlighted
Journeyman

...and the USB drivers don't work.  Even if the phone wasn't a complete piece of garbage, it can't even connect to a PC.  The drivers posted on the Samsung site won't install on a 64-bit Windows 7 machine.  They did install on my 32-bit XP machine but they won't start.  I have two Intercepts and neither one will connect to a PC.  I've spent hours searching the Internet and trying every undocumented workaround.  I was able to get it to work briefly several months ago.  This is beyond frustrating and we shouldn't have to struggle with this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This phone is the biggest peice of crap!  I have called customer service, been in the stores 6 times (found out today they havent logged any of my visits), just got off customer service CHAT and still told, go to the store.  I want a new phone and NOT ANOTHER SAMSUNG INTERCEPT.  I am starting to wonder why I left Verizon.

Heading to the store tomorrow AGAIN for the 7th time.

Issues:

CRAPPY SIGNAL (MAJOR CITY) - PHX

Phone Turns on and of on its own

Loss Calls after Loss Calls

Internet on the phone is crap

Phone Freezes up constantly

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the Intercept with the 2.2 froyo and do not have any of the problems that I have been reading so far with the exception of the USB drivers not working. But for me this is not a big deal with the SD card so readily accessible not like on an HTC phone where you have to pull the whole back cover off then dismount the SD card. I have a 74 in one card reader in my computer so transferring files is a snap. Even a single USB port adaptor will do the trick.

What I am trying to get at is the Micro SD card is compatible with windows All I see is a bunch of whiners complaining about a free phone the is one of the fastest 3g phones on the market today with it's 800MHz processor I have a BlackBrerry 9630 Tour which is a fantastic phone! The only complaint with it is the screen on it is so small I (ME Myself) can not read it even though it has tottally adjustable fonts. And this Samsung phone is compairable to the BlackBerry.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the intercept and have had nothing but problems with it.  the store closest to me that I would go to kept trying to fix it then when I spoke with someone on the phone they told me that store did not have a tech support area.  So these people were taking my phone apart and playing with it and not knowing what they were doing.  they also told me that the intercept is not sold in their store because it is a piece of crap and I should never order online.  I have been argueing with managers and customer support and all they will do is send me another one.  I was suppose to have tracking info sent to me yesterday via email and nothing.  I left verizon and now I am regretting it.  I am tired of talking to different people and getting different answers from each one.  It is all bull______!  I either get some help or I will call the BBB and file complaints all over.  I pay for what a phone that does not work most of the time.  SORRY BUT I DON'T HAVE MONEY TO WASTE AND IF MY KIDS ARE HURT AND NEED ME I NEED A PHONE THAT WORKS!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think you're certainly the exception, and I'm happy for you.

My wife claims that her Intercept doesn't have problems, but she barely uses it.  As for the price, I paid $100 for my Intercept and I pay over $150 per month for my Sprint service.

The Micro SD card is fine if you want to perform simple file transfers.  If you want to use a service such as DoubleTwist to sync multimedia to your phone, you need to have the phone connected to your machine.  The lack of USB support is a big deal.

This phone locks up regularly and badly.  The processor gets so hung up that I can't even make a phone call.  This phone has wasted hours of my time, whether it's trying to troubleshoot its issues or waiting for the phone to unlock to make a phone call.  It's a lemon, and Sprint/Samsung need to address this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I totally agree intercept is the worst sprint phone to have i bought one and go another free and both of them are worthless especially the internet, very slow drop call etc:

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat