cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recall this phone already.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Recall this phone already.

I am requesting that this phone be recalled, or my device replaced with another device, such as the LG Optimus S, due to it being slow and unresponsive, and even directly after a factory reset, i miss calls because the call screen doesn't show up in time. If this "Phone" Can't even preform the basic functions of a phone, then it should not be sold. Do not sit here and tell me that the phone works fine, Look at every other discussion thread on this forum, I have not seen a single user post up to say "This phone is the best, thank you sprint!", Every post is negitive. Recall, or replace.

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Journeyman

Same issues here

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just want to say, my daughter and me have the intercept.....AND IT IS A GREAT PHONE......NO PROBLEMS HERE! it is fast when on the internet....you may have your settings wrong, therefore it is running slow..... I love my intercept! 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I 2500th that - Recall this phone already! 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I also have had this phone for almost a year and have had no problems from it so I don't understand the big deal about recalling it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here's the problem. It's not ALL the intercepts. My wife and I both have one. Hers is fine, mine runs like the worst piece of crap I've ever used.

I am half tempted to switch back to my Rumor 2 because my phone is utterly useless. Here are common issues I have.

• Alarm goes off, cannot turn it off. Phone freezes up and I have to remove battery to reset it.
  • Phone rings. 2/5 times, doesn't load and I miss the call, OR phone freezes and NEVER STOPS RINGING (even though it already did to whoever caled)
  • Music player just plain blows.
  • Slowest phone I've used, and I work for a retailer that sells them, and all I do is get jealous all day at how fast people can load stuff. Meanwhile, it takes me 1 full minute to just load google web.
  • As of right now, I cannot get my phone to turn on. Hangs at SAMSUNG (reminding me who makes this crappy phone) forever.
  • Email does not sync. Most times says (cannot connect to server)
  • Half of my aps do not load. Most times I have to exit to main, and reload it.

Now, as a retail associate, this frustrates me. Why? Because I sell your stuff! Appliances, computers, televisions, cameras and sometimes, your phones (rarely phones) And to think that my first smart phone was an absolute piece of crap, puts a dirty taste in my mouth when offering it to a customer. Of course, you still make some of the best TV's and so forth, but when someone asks me what phone I have. I say, "a piece of s%#t" and they see your name. It doesn't look good for your company.

As for my wifes phone. Hers is just slow, but at least it works.

Sincerely,

A disgruntled lover of your electronics.

This phone has done more damage than good for your company.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm seeing the same issues.  My wife and I both have Intercepts, and mine was fine for a long time while hers started seeing issues right away.  The phone locks up when recieving an incoming call, the call gets missed, and then the phone unfreezes just in time to be frustrated.  The phone freezes at other random times each day, requiring the battery to be removed to reset the phone--and the Intercept doesn't have the most sturdy battery cover to be able to handle the frequent usage.  Recently, my phone has been seeing some of the same issues with the addition of not taking a charge from the wall plug anymore--it keeps saying "battery disconnected" when plugged in.  But, it takes a decent charge when plugged into a laptop.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I absolutely HATE this phone- right now it wont turn on, it took 3 hours of removing and replacing the battery yesterday. then it finally came on only to continually lock up, freeze when i try to answer or make a call, took it to sprint store last week and the guy said it is because of the OS- and low memory. He could wipe out the phone, but it would only happen again in 30 days or soe.  My son has one and it does the same, I have had mine replaced and the prior one was the same. I want to throw this phone in traffic and watch it get crushed by an 18 wheeler!!!!!!!!! Why would u ever offer this phone to anyone!!  I am on my 3rd hour now attempting to get it to come on, I swear I can just scream!!!!!!!! Of course Im not up to upgrade until June- Of course they are killing the premier program in a few days, Of course Sprint has no desire to keep my business...US cellular, here I come!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

have you thought of maybe moving apps to the SD card, clearing cache for apps in phone in an attempt to keep your internal freespace over 50MB? I also find that clearing the call log, and old sms messages can help.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Virtually same issues. This phone has never, not even new, performed basic functions of being a telephone well. Calls are missed ALL-THE-TIME. Calls refuse to connect ALL-THE-TIME. It locks up ALL-THE-TIME. I keep the RAM clear and clear data frequently, and typically run 80mb or more of free space available at any given time. I have minimal added apps and none that run all the time, but regardless, this phone is buggy when running ANYTHING!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have RC- moved everything I could to card, clear cache, I havent deleted my call logs yet- but if it decides to actually come on today- I will do that also. Now it has been flashing SAMSUNG since 8 p.m. last night!!!!!!! I have taken battery out...put back...left it out for 30 min...put back... 12 hours later, it is still not working...I believe this phone has given me at least 20 more gray hairs!!!! I just quit at this point...

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Do you have any task killers, or security software installed? do you have a general idea of how much free space you have in phone? if the phone will not boot up then you may need to complete a factory reset. you are welcome to send me a private message, or post back here if you have more questions.

No longer working Community Response.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat