cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving the error notification: text message memory full?

Highlighted
Patron

I do not save my texts and I have unlimited texting on my plan.  This message started coming up this afternoon and repeats itself every 15-20 minutes.  I've done a hard reset but it still comes up.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Sprint Employee

Hello writinglady, after the reset, all of your apps / messages were gone, but you still saw this error? what steps did you follow to Factory reset your phone?

No longer working Community Response.
Patron

I'm sorry--maybe I used the wrong terminology regarding the reset.  I meant, I powered down, then took out the battery, waited a minute and then put the battery back in.  I've not installed any new apps recently nor have I made any other changes to the settings.  My SD card has abundant memory (5+GB), but my phone says it only has 20.17MB available internally (of course, if I could remove various factory installed apps I never use like Facebook, WHERE, or Nascar...but I digress LOL).

Thanks for any help you can give

Sprint Employee

the memory it's referring to is your internal memory, I would suggest moving apps 2 SD for the few which the software developer enabled the option, remove apps that are very large or not used, delete old messages, clear call log, clear cache from menu>settings>apps>manage apps select specific apps like facebook, browser, Etc. I personally use App2sd from infolife for this type of maintenance.

Patron

Thanks so much!  After doing all this step by step, the phone is now acting normally.  I really appreciate the prompt and helpful response

Sprint Employee

I'm glad that helped, please let me know if there's anything else you need help with.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat