cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Intercept Dropping Data connection

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Intercept Dropping Data connection

Have gone through two Intercepts (pink) within the last 30 days..  Second one was just sent back for return..

It has the same Samsung radio's that like to drop the data connection...

Approx. 24 hours after a reboot of the phone you will start having problems with the data connection..

The phone has been in the same location with wonderful signal the whole time..

The only way to resolve the problem is to put it in airplane mode and take it out..  (basicly reset the radio)

Or do a reboot of the whole phone...

Texts and phone calls will still go through as it only seems to bother the Ev radio..

Have spend many hours with Sprint "tech support" trying to resolve the phone only to be told the phone has a problem and to exchange it..

Samsung says it is a Sprint network issue or I can send the phone in to them for repair..  I explained that it has happened exactly the same way on two seperate handsets, but that doesn't seem to register with the tech folks at Sprint or Samsung...

I really like the phone..  It's for my GF..  And she wanted to step in to Android without the "4g taxes"..  Moment has it's set of problems that can't be resolved..  Now this mess with the Intercept..   UGH!!!!

I've seen a few other posts around the net of people stating they have this problem as well..  Anyone else???

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got my Intercept and after finally getting the company i bought it from to port my number, I have been completely unable to set up my Gamil account - "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server." Tried rebooting, airplane mode thing; nothing is working. Have to waste my lunch hour trying to fix it I suppose. SIGH.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've had this phone for 2 months now and every now and then the data connection will drop out of nowhere, like right now at the moment. I keep trying to reboot my phone, I take the battery out and start it up again and it hasn't been working. I'm fed up with this phone. -____-

Highlighted
Journeyman

I called customer service, and there was a problem with when my service got transferred over, so they restored factory setting and had me reboot my phone twice - no problems now. Hasn't dropped the connection once.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same problems with my intercept. I hate to say it but the phone sucks! I have a hard time sending and receiving picture messages. I just got my replacement phone and it is still having the same problems. I should have just kept my last one instead of sending it back! The internet only works when it wants to. Grrr!!!!!! They should take this phone off the market!

Highlighted
Journeyman

best way to resolve is go to settings>about phone>system updates> update profile

Not sure why it drops the connections but this does resolve it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That basicly resets the radio..    I read there is suposedly an update coming to resolve the shortcomings of the intercept..

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same issue I lose my connection more often then not. I also tried  to reboot and called support but I still lose connection.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks this worked for me!  It was driving me crazy.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Seems the Intercept is plagued by the problem if it's older brother...the Moment....I just changed from the Moment because of the data lock up.  I have had it less than 24 hours and no data locks yet...least not hard ones.  I am wondering when Froyo will get added to this phone because it is thought that will finally cure the Samsung EVDO data lock ups once and for all.....where's Froyo?...

Highlighted
Journeyman

i just got the intercept last week. well the first day it work great then after that it done the data lock up lol i had the moment and sprint gave this with no charge lol i had 7 moments.. well i have the intercept now it no better. i dont know if its sprint service or samsung phones but this is really getting frustrating now it new intercept out of the box and it junk or a lemon.. sprint order me another one but if it does the samething im done with samsung phones and maybe sprint to for them let products out like this i had the moment for almost a year got tired of problems after problems i just want a phone that works.. sprint come on do something about this if this one does the samething im done......

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't have the Samsung Intercept, but right now I am having this exact same problem with the HTC Hero. I've restarted the phone several times -- internet does't work. I've updated the profile and PRL list -- internet still doesn't work. I've turned the phone off and taken the battery out, waited a few minutes, put it back in and turned the phone on -- internet still doesn't work. Currently, the Internet will only work if I connect it to my home network.

The original Hero and the replacement have this issue. I know if I take it to a Sprint store, all they will do is reset it. Anybody know of anything else that will get this resolved?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat