cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Intercept Dropping Data connection

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Intercept Dropping Data connection

Have gone through two Intercepts (pink) within the last 30 days..  Second one was just sent back for return..

It has the same Samsung radio's that like to drop the data connection...

Approx. 24 hours after a reboot of the phone you will start having problems with the data connection..

The phone has been in the same location with wonderful signal the whole time..

The only way to resolve the problem is to put it in airplane mode and take it out..  (basicly reset the radio)

Or do a reboot of the whole phone...

Texts and phone calls will still go through as it only seems to bother the Ev radio..

Have spend many hours with Sprint "tech support" trying to resolve the phone only to be told the phone has a problem and to exchange it..

Samsung says it is a Sprint network issue or I can send the phone in to them for repair..  I explained that it has happened exactly the same way on two seperate handsets, but that doesn't seem to register with the tech folks at Sprint or Samsung...

I really like the phone..  It's for my GF..  And she wanted to step in to Android without the "4g taxes"..  Moment has it's set of problems that can't be resolved..  Now this mess with the Intercept..   UGH!!!!

I've seen a few other posts around the net of people stating they have this problem as well..  Anyone else???

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same issue. I have been to the service center more times then I can count. They told me it was a defective device. They swaped it for a new one and still the same. I have over $680 dollars invested in sprint within the last 30 days in plans and phones. Sprint needs to address this issue or compensate the consumer somehow. I should have stayed with metro pcs!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

My data drops often on my intercept and I have the black one. I have to go to settings, then about phone, system updates and then update profile for the data to be reset. It takes a few seconds to complete but it's such a hassle to have to do this 3 or 4 times a day. The phone should not lose data services like that. I'm getting very frustrated with this issue

Highlighted
Journeyman

we should get together and write samsung and sprint a letter. maybe theyll do something about it when we all say something together. im tired of the repair center runnaround. i spend  enough time there i can start punching in as an eployee.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Good Morning!

I'm a Sprint employee and I would love to try to assist you with your issue. The error message your getting sometimes happens when the GMail account is not setup when the device is first activated from the Accounts & Sync screen from the settings menu. If you try to setup the GMail account through the Android Market setup, you may get this error message. The fastest way to fix this error is to perform a factory return on this device.I know is not a pleasant process to lose your personal data, but you can save your contacts on the micro SD card and your pictures and videos will not be delete since they are stored on the SD card.

To save your contacts to your SD:

Click "Contacts"

Click "Menu"

Click "More"

Click "Import/Export"

Click "Export to SD"

This process again will save your contacts to the your SD card. Once this process is completed, you can contact Sprint Customer Service for factory return steps. This process is not the same as doing the factory data wipe from the Privacy settings in your device. Once your device is activated, add your GMail account this way BEFORE accessing the Android Market.

Click "Menu"

Click "Settings"

Click "Accounts & Sync"

Click "Add"

Click "Google"

Follow the on-screen steps to setup the Google Account. Once the account is added, You should be able to access the Android Market with no issue.

Hope this helps,

Reesethegeek

ps... send personal message if you'd like additional assistance.

Highlighted
Wizard

Sprint and Samsung are working on a major maintenance release for the Intercept that includes fixes and enhancements.  As soon as it's available, I will post a new thread detailing the contents of the release.  

Highlighted
Journeyman

Any idea when this maintenance release should be available? a week? a month? a year?

Highlighted
Journeyman

When? April?? August??? 2012 ?

Highlighted
Journeyman

ReeseTheGeek - You sound legit, can you find out why my friend can't hear me when I call his iPhone with my Intercept but it works correctly if he calls me?

Highlighted
Journeyman

RECALL THE SAMSUNG INTERCEPT

MAYBE WE NEED TO GET A CLASS LAWSUIT GOING IN ORDER FOR SPRINT TO QUIT TRYING TO HIDE THE FACT THIS PHONE HAS A ISSUE.

THEY  REPEATEDLY TELL PEOPLE (THIS MORNING SPEAKING WITH  BRIDGETTE) THEY ARE  NOT AWARE OF THIS ISSUE AND THERE IS NOTHING THEY  CAN DO ABOUT IT.

WELL I SAY LETS ALL START CONTACTING GOVENRNMENT DEPARTMENTS.

LETS FLOOD THEIR OFFICE WITH COMPLAINTS.

1. FCC AT http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm?sid=d1e419&id=d1e483

FCC Form 2000B - Billing, Privacy, or Service Quality Complaint

Federal Communications Commission

Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau

Consumer Complaints

445 12th Street, SW

Washington, D.C. 20554

INCLUDES:

• Unsolicited emails on cellular phone
  • Billing
  • Service
  • Availability
  • Number portability
Highlighted
Journeyman

just let me know when...i totally HATE THIS PHONE. I have been wanting to just throw it out of the window while driving!!! it sucks it sucks it sucks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

i hate this phone! there is absolutely nothing you guys can do to make me happy about htis phone. the battery died. i charged it. and now it wont turn on at all. SOMETIMES the screen binks. thats it no power! You guys need to take it off the shelves unless sprint likes complaints.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have to say the first day that I had the phones (my husband has one too) they both worked well, then the next day I started to notice issues, dropped calls, connection issues, freezing, over all not a good phone at all. I have explained my issues to Sprint about 10 times, only to be told that I need to go to the Sprint Store here. Though I will have to pay for all the phones upgrade, not everyone has the income to buy new phones. I feel that they should recall all intercept phones and be forced to give their customers a new different phone.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat