cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Intercept Problems

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Intercept Problems

I've been having issues with my Intercept's touch keys. They will not work at times. Also, every now and then when I select the  "Messaging" or "Facebook" apps, nothing happens. The screen flashes and remains the same. I read a review where someone mentioned that this problem has been fixed with an update, but I haven't found one anywhere on Sprint's website. Does anyone have any similar problems or info on this?

97 REPLIES 97
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Intercept Problems

YES....I also just got the intercept and I am having a difficult time with just about everything..besides facebook not connecting I have to chose either my text messages will make an audible sound or my incoming calls, but as I said its one or the other...I am extremely frustrated..Can someone pleassseee help me????

Journeyman

I went to a store and had them replace it for another Intercept. This one appears to be working better especially the Optical Mouse. I did notice that there is some lag when opening some apps, which causes the soft keys to not respond quickly. I'm still under the 30 day warranty and are seriously considering getting the HTC Hero eventhough it is not getting the 2.2 android update. I really like the Intercept but not happy with its performance.

A rep at the local Sprint store suggested going to a repair shop to see if there is an update that can't be downlaoded over the air. This is going to help me make up my mind whether or not to keep the Intercept.

Journeyman

Hi! I just got an intercept a few days ago...I have the same problem with messenging...sometimes when i try to open the messenger it wont open..it just brings up the screen for a split sec and then go away...this is so nerve wrecking...the touch keys are also slow to respond and I have to hit them more than once to get it to perform the function....so far, im not enthused with this phone...may be trading it for something else!

Journeyman

I too have the problems with apps such as facebook and messaging flashing and not working.  More importantly the home and back soft keys work about 50% of the time and it's really aggravating.  Maybe someone from Sprint can see this and give me some sort of straight answer.  I work during normal working hours for most sprint stores and thus I usually can't get in too soon, but all I've been told so far is call this number, or give it back if you're not happy.  And that was from a sprint rep.  Really?  Great customer service.  How about a fix for the phone instead?

Journeyman

the only problem i seemed to have was dealing with the lost of network connection frequently, but with an update that was fixed....phone works perfectly fine i am quite satisfied coming from having an iPhone; i strongly suggest to make sure the phone is up-to-date or get a new one maybe your phone is malfunctioning.

Journeyman

Yeah, checked to make sure it's up to date.  Took it back to the store.  And as it happens most of the time, but not always they just opted to give me a new one rather than try and fix it.  That being said, it's a LITTLE bit better, but still happens all the time and I of course had to reload all my apps and in fact I opted to load fewer apps this time and run the phone more leanly, less power consuming options, etc.  That somehow makes my battery die literally at least twice as fast.  I'm keeping an eye on the battery use and nothing seems to be drawing power that shouldn't be(android, phone idle, all the normal stuff, etc.)  I really hope someone from Sprint is watching this forum and can give some idea.  Otherwise I think I'll be taking it back this week as much as it pains me and going back to my original Instinct as crappy as it is and see if they can get an Android phone capable of 2.2 and above right without it being the EVO(and from I've heard from people there's lots of problems with it too.)

Journeyman

yes, just got the intercept 2 weeks ago. i have same problems the messaging icon u hit it and it throws u back to the main screen. some of the pic text are not fully active. i also have trouble with the battery power drains really fast. i have a android task killer on it. but everythime u unlock your phone u have to hit the android to kill the apps. to save power that is really a pain in the butt. It should automatically stops the apps from running so it wont drain your battery. i have had to charge it 3 times in one day because i have had 41 apps running at once also you have to have a anit virus app on your phone for viruses like computer do. This is more work than it is worth. Need to seriously fix the problems before they put a phone on the market

Journeyman

I feel the same way having same problems also had the instinct that phone sucked as well i feel i have went to a worst phone then what i have had before. they should really test these phone before they put them on the market

Journeyman

I just switched my service to Sprint.  We have two Intercepts.  I am having the troubles with being "kicked out" of the apps, particularly the messaging app.  The other appears to be having troubles switching networks...we've especially noted when getting an MMS with a photo.

Was there ever anything that resolved this issue?

Journeyman

Well i dont know what to sayy about the touch buttons i have the same issue.. but for the facebook one. uninstall it... then Reinstall it.. it like updates the facebook app.. cuz the one you get with the phone is not that great but when you reinstall it its a newer version.. i love this phone lol.

Journeyman

Hello every one unfortunately i got two of these phones. for me i did not go threw sprint to get them and now i have had so much trouble out them that I can not get anything done about them. Ours freeze so much that you just want to throw it.seams every day it gets worse and worse the Sound keeps going out and erasing the SD card.so at this point its just a crappy touch dial phone for me. any suggestions.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat