cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Intercept is horrible

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Intercept is horrible

I don't know how you can continue to market this phone as an Android phone, as it does not live up to any of what REAL android phones can do.

This phone is so slow it is unusable, the soft keys are non-responsive sometimes, the lock screen slider lags, changing home screens lags, opening the app drawer lags, opening the messaging app takes a good 5-10 seconds, and I can type faster on the keyboard than the phone can keep up with. I type something and it doesn't show up until 15 seconds later. The GPS NEVER works when I need it to, or at all for that matter, and I can't tell you how many times i have missed calls because the accept/decline phone call screen failed to show up until it was too late.

Now i've put myself onto my 2 year old phone while i make my dicision on a phone from Verizon. Thanks for the GREAT phone, Sprint, I'll miss you when I'm gone.

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Wizard

The Intercept, when behaving properly, DOES NOT perform that way. You may have apps running causing interference, too many widgets on your home screen, etc.. If you can't pin point the cause, just do a factory reset in the device settings, which will delete all apps, contacts, messages and restore the settings back to default. Just make sure you back up your contacts first.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have done so 3 times now, and the problems persist.

Highlighted
Wizard

If that issue persists through a hard reset, it's likely malfunctioning and may need to be taken to a service center where they can diagnose the problem, and replace the phone if necessary. That is, unless the phone functioned well for a while after it was reset, and the issue gradually came back due to installing apps/widgets.

Highlighted
Master

umby24 wrote:

I have done so 3 times now, and the problems persist.

Do the problems persist immediately after the reset? If so then there may be something wrong with the hardware in that device itself. I would recommend taking it into a sesrvice and repair location so a technician can look at the device. If the problems don't happen immediately after the reset then there must be something you are doing that causes the issues. Things like Antivirus apps and Task Killers wreak havoc on Android phones, and 99% of the time cause more issues than they claim to solve. How many apps do you have that are updating in the background? Apps lie Twitter, Facebook, Email accounts, Instant Messaging, etc. all will update and do things in the background that will slow the phone down. Liquid damage can sometimes manifest itself with weird symptoms like these as well, a phone does not have to get dropped in water to become liquid damaged, even high humidity can be enough to cause corrosion on the board inside the device.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It is fine after the reset until i install an app or 2, I'm not using twitter or facebook, although google mail automatically started itself, I don't have any task killers installed either.. the apps arn't ones that run in the background, or at least they shouldn't.

Highlighted
Wizard

Could you elaborate on the specific apps? I have a freshly reset Intercept in my hand and I will gladly try to reproduce your problem.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Zeam Launcher, Winamp, Terminal Emulator, root uninstaller.

Highlighted
Wizard

Upon opening Zeam launcher I'm having immediate performance degradation. It's quite severe, actually. Launchers have been known to cause issues with performance. If you really need a custom launcher, you may have better success with a different launcher.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Zeam Launcher is the lightest homescreen replacement app and works fine on all of the other android devices i've ever tried, but to give it the benifit of the doubt I uninstalled it, the phone is still being unresponsive.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have 4 smsung phones in my house 2 intercept 1 transform 1instinct and ll have no service in our house we have 1 htc and it has full bars inside our house side by side  samsung phones suck I will never purchase a samsung phone again.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The Intercept is horrible.  I have missed probably 10 calls this week while incessantly pushing the answer button (to no avail).  My phone has locked up for minutes at a time.  I have to eventually remove the battery and reboot.  These are not aberrations.  It is the normal way that the Samsung Intercept operates.  Don't listen to the tech idiots who tell you "you probably have X installed" or "you may be running Y" or "do a hard reset."  Your problem is that you have a Samsung Intercept.  Going back to a flip phone with the old phone setup is preferable to this. 

So, to sum up, if you have an Intercept, you may just want to cancel your contract and go with another carrier.  It will be less headache in the long run.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat