cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Intercept not syncing with PC after usb connection why?

Journeyman

The USB connection to my pc an my intercept is not being recognized. Sprint website doesn't have a resolution for this problem. Can someone help me. I've restarted pc and turned cell on and off but to no avail......ugh!

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Intercept not syncing with PC after usb connection why?

I'm having the same exact problem.  My Samsung Intercept is not syncing with windows 7.  I just installed win7 from vista.  Any resolutions?

What are you trying to sync? Have you checked to see if USB debugging is unchecked on device?  The way you check this is to unplug your phone from PC, go to home page on phone, menu, settings applications, development and make sure USB debugging is unchecked.  then plug your phone in and you should get a trident or notification that gives you options on how to connect to PC, choose disc drive to mount to pc and then it should recognize as a removalble disc drive on PC.

I hope this was helpful.

If you are using XP on your PC you may need to install the USB drivers.  You can click on this link for the download:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/SPH-M910ZKASPR.

Message was edited by: raylitherland67

Journeyman

Try using a different USB cable if you have one lying around.  The one that came with my Intercept did not work because it did not allow data to go through. However, the USB cable for my Nook works great.

Journeyman

JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW OUT THERE THAT IS HAVING PROBLEMS SYNCING THE SAMSUNG INTERCEPT TO THE COMPUTER:  I SPENT A DAY IN A HALF TRYING TO SYNC AND I WAS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM, COMPUTER WONT READ DEVICE. I CALLED SPRINT THEY SAID THAT SOMETHING MAYBE WRONG WITH THE PHONE (EVEN THOUGH IVE ONLY HAD IT FOR TWO DAYS.)  THEY GAVE ME A WORK ORDER NUMBER AND A NUMBER TO CALL SAMSUNG.  I SPOKE TO A SAMSUNG REP WHO MADE ME DO ALL THE THINGS TO THE PHONE THAT SPRINT MADE ME DO ( TURNING OFF AND ON, REMOVING BATTERY, RESTARTING COMP) AND STILL NOTHING WORKED.  THE REP THEN PUT ME ON THE PHONE WITH A  "3RD LEVEL REP" AND THAT REP TOLD ME THAT THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE PHONE AND THAT I HAVE TO PAY AN ADDITIONAL $19 FOR A SEPARATE DATA TRANSFER CABLE AND THAT IS THE ONLY WAY IT WILL SYNC. SOMETHING ABOUT THE WIRE THAT SPRINT PROVIDES WHEN THE PHONE IS PURCHASE IS ONLY MEANT FOR CHARGING, AND THE WIRE SIGNAL IS NOT STRONG ENOUGH TO SYNC THE TWO.  UDDERLY RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!  i have not tried this yet because i have been inconvenience enough spending all this time to find out it was a wire but maybe it will help u.  If i do get the wire in the next couple days I will repost and let u know.

Journeyman

Thank you for the time you have spent on this, I have spent a few hours here and there ove the past 5 or 6 months. You have saved me a huge amount of time. THANKS AGAIN.

Highlighted
Journeyman

try using a diffrent cable. if that doesn't work yoi can get a program called wifi file explore.

http://www.androlib.com/android.application.com-dooblou-wififileexplorer-tnDA.aspx

This is FREE and only does as described! PRO version does more and is featured on Life Hacker. Best and cheapest! *

Browse, download and stream files that are on your phone, using a web browser via a WiFi connection.

No more taking your phone apart to get the SD card out or grabbing your cable to access your camera pics or copy across your fave MP3s.

------

FEATURES

1. Browse and download all your files on your SD card without the need for a cable;

2. Stream music from your phone straight to a web browser;

3. View all the camera pictures and videos on your Android phone directly in a web browser;

4. Simple to use with no set up or buttons – it just works;

5. Password protected;

6. Ability to configure the port settings;

7. LOTS more features in development;

QR code just scan with scanlife and download file..

wifi file.png

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat