cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Problem

Highlighted
Journeyman

Screen Problem

My daughter is at college so I have not seen the problem but she says the screen on her Samsung Intercept is sometimes covered by lines, sometimes it's bacwards, other times the color is off & sometimes 2 min-screens. She has to press the end key several time to get it back to normal. She has taken the battery out and back in but still has the problems. Any ideas? Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Screen Problem

To verify and quantify the issue she needs to visit the nearest Sprint Repair center.  go to sprintstorelocator.com and enter zip and select repair to find the one nearest to her. You can even make the appointment online to save time at the store.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

Screen Problem

Thanks, but unfortunately she can't. This can't be diagnosed over the phone?

Wizard

Screen Problem

Unfortunately that's one that more likely than not cannot be resolved over the phone.  If a screen is acting up like that it is most likely a hardware issue with the phone and needs to either be repaired or replaced.  You can always try to reset the phone to factory defaults in the case she downloaded and application that was malicious and is causing the phone to act up, but I would hang my hat on it being a hardware issue.

If she wants to proceed with the reset (which will erase any personal information and settings) she can do this from her home scree by pressing menu>settings>privacy>factory data reset.

As long as her contacts are backed up through Gmail, once she signs back into her account after the reset, the contacts and calendar will sync back to the device.

Journeyman

Screen Problem

Thanks. Maybe when she gets home from college we can go to a repair center. Shame she has to put up with it till then. From the posts on this board sounds like the Intercept is a crappy phone.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat