cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specific assurance from Sprint that Intercept will get Android 2.2 ?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Specific assurance from Sprint that Intercept will get Android 2.2 ?

I talked to representative recently. They said the update was Delayed.. So I'm not certain whats going on... Blame HTC for this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I like to upgrade my phone to Intercept if  we are sure that we will get Android 2.2.  Any update on this ?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint has confirmed that Intercept users will indeed get a 2.2 upgrade.  With the lack of a Flash capable proccessor however, I would guess that it will be a modified update.  Not to fear, there are many feature upgrades in the 2.2 Froyo update, Flash was only one of them.  The latest promise from Sprint came by way of PhoneNews on August 16th.  In the post it was stated that the device was one of Sprints Android devices that would be getting the update, but the HTC Hero and Samsung Moment would not be.  Everything I have seen since this post points to a late 4th quarter resease.

Message was edited by: Mystique0131

Journeyman

whats funny is as soon as the intercept gets froyo the moment will get it. it will be ported to the moment within hours of release lol

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm not the techiest person on the planet, but I did have a thought. (And I was also informed that 2.2 is SUPPOSED to be available for the Intercept sometime this month if not delayed.)

Many of the issues with the Intercept are because it has virtually no memory since most of it is filled with the apps that Sprint pre-installed, right? Android OS is Android OS regarless of the phone, and this device has the same size processor as many of the other Android devices offered by Sprint and other companies. That leads me to believe that the phone runs poorly simpy because all of its memory is taken up with the "bloat." It's like a computer. If you've used up all the memory, the computer loses the ability to "think" about the apps it wants to run and it starts getting laggy, and freezes up, and requires a reboot.

Doesn't the Froyo update include the ability to save/run apps from the SD card?

Wouldn't this then, in turn, allow this device to run MUCH better?  Yeah, we can't expect it to process data and run 6 apps at the same time like an EVO or Epic with it's giant processor, but hey, shouldn't it still help? Quite a bit?

From my experience, when I went in and deleted all of the apps that I had installed and took it back to just the pre-installed stuff that Sprint/Google had loaded in the phone and then combined that with LauncherPro and ATK, my phone ran FABULOUSLY. No freezing, no lag, nothing. But as soon as I installed a few apps on the phone again... BAM.  Restarts, freezing, lagging, unresponsive, won't answer calls, won't swap calls when trying to answer call waiting.. etc, etc.

I hope the 2.2 makes a big difference. 🙂 I can live without Flash. Fine. Whatever. But I would like a phone that allows me to have enough free memory to install at least a few apps of my choice and still work.

Highlighted
Journeyman

THe Froyo rollout has begun for the Epic my guess is that by the end of the month or early Januaray the Intercept should get Froyo

Highlighted
Journeyman

when is it gonna come out?????

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

So today is the 17th and nothing just yet... hmmm wonder if sprint is toying with us...

Highlighted
Journeyman

My family has 4 intercepts and my son's downloaded the android 2.2.1 version update today.  But so far he is the only one who has got the update.  What is going on Sprint.  If you have the update, let us all have it.  Thanks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

By the way, my son's phone, the intercept with the 2.2.1 android update runs like a different phone.  I haven't messed with it alot, but it is much quicker and does not have the bottom button errors and things like that.  Let's have it Sprint!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow... as far as I knew, the FroYo release for the Epic is completely unofficial and it caused some folks a lot of heartache.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat