cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Intercept screen lights up all night long after charging and doesn't turn off.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The Intercept screen lights up all night long after charging and doesn't turn off.

The Intercept has a strange problem when charging overnight.  The screen lights up after its fully charged with a message to "Unplug the Charger."  This screen stays on an does not turn off until you press <OK>.  It will stay on all night long.  All this does is wake you up in the middle of the night and FORCE you to attend to your phone.  What a stupid design flaw.  I have contacted Samsung and they have done nothing thus far.  It happens to all 3 of our phones every night.  This drains the fully charged battery and will eventually burn an image into the display.  Sprint should get with Samsung on this issue immediately.

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: The Intercept screen lights up all night long after charging and doesn't turn off.

I think this phone is headed back to the whse... So many issues. I cant believe the phone woke me up to unplug it. Boy was I pissed

Journeyman

Re: The Intercept screen lights up all night long after charging and doesn't turn off.

Mine goes off...

Journeyman

there is a setting to uncheck the light staying on while charging, tried to find it to tell you, i found it by mistake, sorry, will keep looking.

Journeyman

I think i found it!  settings> applications> development> stay awake.  I hope this works, I have been charging my phone in the evenings just to avoid being woken up by the phone in the middle of the night again.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat