Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update failed, now my phone is messed up

Highlighted
Journeyman

Update failed, now my phone is messed up

my phone failed to do the system update, and i rebooted it like it said and now its stuck at the samsung www.samsungmobile.com screen, it does the first samsung screen then the pink and orange one and it stays stuck at the samsung screen, its been sitting there for the past hour, anybody know how to fix this?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Update failed, now my phone is messed up

Wow, the same thing is happening to me. I know its stuck, because the screen is no longer glowing like a beating heart as it once did. WTF?

Highlighted
Journeyman

you have to take it to a Corporate owned sprint store. They will replace it, its the only way to fix it. I just got home with mine, had to replace it. What happened is theres no OS on your phone so theres no way to fix it yet but they are working on it. Easiest thing though is just take it in. It has to be corporate owned store though.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So I can't take it to radioshack? Im gonna try to take it their later, sprint store is bloody half an hour away from me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

from what I was told it has to be a corporate store. I know how you feel though I went to a privately owned sprint store then got sent 30 miles to the corporate store. it sucks but I didnt get charged. you can call radioshack, if you have the means to call that is, and ask them what they can do.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same problem, stuck on Samsung.com screen.  This happened after update.  My phone is stuck and useless.  I live on an Island... Help ... someone fix this issue please.

TY

Highlighted
Journeyman

theres no fix, yet. Only replacements so far. sorry. Call Sprint, if you have another phone, and see whats up.

Edit: I just pulled this from the net...

http://www.talkandroid.com/24078-samsung-intercept-froyo-update-bricking-phones-sprint-techs-being-t...

"According to an inside source at Sprint, the new Android 2.2 update for the Samsung Intercept that was released yesterday may be causing more harm then good. From what we’re hearing, the update is bricking phones left and right. If it happens to you, our source says you can take your device up to a Sprint store, and they’ll do what they can to get it fixed. If they can’t get it fixed by means of software updates, techs at Sprint are being told to go ahead and replace the broken Intercept with a new one.Our source also mentioned that it would be a good idea to stay away from the Froyo update in general for now. Once Samsung acknowledges that the update is bad, you can bet that they’ll be coming out with a new version that will smash these bugs.Any of you Samsung Intercept users out there having issues with the Froyo update? Let us know in the comments.Thanks Robert!"

Message was edited by: gdfancypants

Highlighted
Journeyman

Mine seems to be doing better after the update that came around 2 am this morning.  Now I am concerned...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Way to go Sprint... Thank you so much for the pre Christmas nightmare.....Took the phone to the sprint store and there is already a patch out... phone works but is completely different... So much for being able to sync all contacts....

Highlighted
Journeyman

mine did the same thinq...i have to go to a diffrent town to get it fixed/replaced 40 miles away! is there a way they can sync the text messaqes? i had very important stuff in them! 😕 what a qreat xmas present SPRINT !!

Highlighted
Journeyman

turned a fair phone into a paperweigh

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat