Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the spell check?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Where is the spell check?

I don't know if the Samsung Intecept has spell check. When I am sending a text message and I happen to make a common spelling error, no change is made. Yet if I go to Settings --> Language & Keyboard --> Device Keyboard, the option titled "Auto-replace" has always been checked. Am I missing something?

Thanks for the help.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Where is the spell check?

Ensure that quick fixes, show suggestions, and auto-complete are all checked on. To find these settings from the home page go to menu, settings, language and keyboard, android keyboard, and they will be at the bottom under word suggestion settings. Now when you are typing a text message, suggestions of words will populate just under the message input field.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for your reply. This is going to seem silly, but can you be more specific about the word suggestions feature? Words just show up while you type? I had all the options you mentioned already checked, but nothing shows up while I type a text message. Any ideas on how to correct this?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been doing a little more searching about my issue with the spell check/ word suggestion, and what I have realized is the Samsung Intercept DOES NOT implement these features for the slide out keyboard. I had never used the touchscreen keyboard because I purposely chose this phone because it had a physical Qwerty keyboard.

Anyway, everything you mentioned about the words populating at the bottom of the text worked while I used the on screen keyboard, yet as soon as I used the actual physical keyboard, nothing happened- words were NOT corrected, and no suggestions showed up.

Do you notice the same thing? Do I have to download an app to get these features enabled for the physical keyboard?

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat