cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drivers

Highlighted
Journeyman

drivers

I've been searching the web trying to find drivers for my samsung intercept, there are none that i could find on either samsung or sprint's website, and i can't connect my phone to my computer without them (doesn't recognize the device), i'm running windows 7 x64 if that helps.  Has anyone else had trouble?   

33 REPLIES 33
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: drivers

Try this it workrd for me on my laptop..I download it easytheter program than includes android drivers here

http://www.mobile-stream.com/easytether/drivers.html

God luck

Highlighted
Journeyman

Downloaded tether program and everything works except still getting message that the usb mass storage device is unrecognizable. Running Widows Vista 64. Any ideas?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am running Windows 7 64-bit and cannot get my PC to recognize my new Samsung Intercept.  There is a brand new XP/VISTA USB driver on Samsung's web site (dated Aug 6) at

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/detail/supportPrdDetail.do?menu=SP00&prd_mdl_cd=SPH-M910ZKASPR&prd_mdl_name=SPH-M910&prd_ia_sub_class_cd=P

I downloaded it but it won't install on my computer.  I get the message "The installation package is not supported by this processor type.  Contact your product vendor."  I don't see any way to get support directly from Sprint on this.  Does anyone (like at Sprint) know if Samsung is going to provide standard drivers for Win 7?  I really don't wnat to instlal the Android developer kit as all I want to do is access the phone as a disc drive to swap photos and ringtone files.

Message was edited by: akbingh6

Highlighted
Journeyman

OK here is what it worked for me.

After many days of trying I finally got it.

In my case I was connecting the phone to one of the front USB on my PC and it was not working. It will try to connect but the the usb sing will not even appear on the phone.

But the following worked.

First , go in to setting, applications, developement and make sure the usb debugging is uncheck.

Plug the phone to one of the back USB connectors

As soon as you see the USB sign on the top of the screen then push the menu bottom on you phone the one on the bottom left

Then click on notifications and choose where it says USB Connected then mount

That did it for me

Good luck to everyone

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you!  I just purchased this phone last week and coudn't figure out how to transfer my photos.

This worked!

Highlighted
Journeyman

juanchulo4,

Your suggestion worked!  It was the difference between connecting to the front USB port or the rear port!  When I connected to the rear USB prot Win 7 recoginzed it and popped up a message saying "Android USB driver installed" or something like that and the rest was easy. Strange, but as long as it works I'm happy!  Thanks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the fix...I wouldn't have figured out in a million years that the front USB ports on my computer somehow do not work like the ones in the attached to the motherboard. Any idea what's different and why the Samsung Intercept (or maybe Android) has issues with it?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi

Yes I am a PC technician for over 10 yrs and for experience I know sometimes the front USB do not offer the same power ( voltage) as the one in the back.

That's probably why, most phones will work OK with the front USb but I guess we are stuck with a picky phone that does not like front USB

Glad to know other ppl had found a soultion here

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey this worked great.

Highlighted
Journeyman

well i had a sprint tech tell me it was a bad sd card and a samsung tech tell me it was the wrong usb cord so i had them both swapped out at a sprint store and it fixed the problem i think there is a prob with the original formatting of the pre inserted card try that and see if it helps

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you so much!! I have been through 2 phones thinking it was the USB cable/phone, spoke to Samsung customer support for 1 hour and all along it was the usb port! I can't thank you enough!!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat