cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my samsung intercept wont connect to my comp

Highlighted
Journeyman

my samsung intercept wont connect to my comp

i cannot get my samsung intercept to connect to my computer.

17 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: my samsung intercept wont connect to my comp

I'm getting the same problem.  I'm running windows XP, and am getting a "device has malfunctioned" message when the USB symbol appears on the computer.  The only way around this I have found is to power down the phone, plug the usb in, then power up the phone.  Only then does the usb symbol appear on my phone and a new drive symbol appear on my computer so that I can "Mount" the SD card to transfer files.

Journeyman

Have you downloaded the drivers from the Samsung website? This may help with any issues you are having. Windows 7 and Vista have better USB storage drivers and device management so they probably do not need the drivers.

Journeyman

Yup, I also have the Samsung intercept drivers that are hosted on their website.  Still same problem.

Journeyman

Pull the sd card out and stick it in your computer if you're having so much trouble going USB.

Journeyman

Thank you for your relatively unhelpful answer captiain obvious. It has made my day much easier.

However, I

1) Do not have a device that will allow me to connect my SD drive to my computer and

2) Really feel that I should not have to go through the trouble of taking out my USB card each and every time I want to upload something to my phone.

So unless you can give us a solution that allows me to use my phone, I'd appreciate not having your "alternate" solutions.

Sprint Product Ambassador

If you've appropriately and correctly installed the drivers for the phone from Samsung, and continue to get an error please try this:

1) Try on another computer - friend, neighbor, etc.

If it does not work on any computer, then the phone has an error.  Please schedule an appointment with a Sprint Service and Repair center to have it checked out.

2) If it works on another computer, then your computer has an errror.  Contact your local PC Support folks - work, friend, Geek Squad, etc. to have them check your computer out.

Or, as the other poster mentioned, you can just remove the MicroSD card to copy files.

Journeyman

Yanno alrtiak, I can reverse the same thing to you, why should one have to go through the trouble to disconnect their usb cable from the wall charger just to plug it into the computer?

Journeyman

I charge my phone through my computer.

Journeyman

I also had the problem that my Windows 7, 64 bit, laptop wouldn't recognize my Intercept either.  I spent 2 hours on the phone with Sprint but they were clueless.  Then my son found the answer on another message board.

First, you have to turn off the USB automatic debugging function.  From the home page, select menu, then Applications, then Development. Uncheck USB debugging.

Second, you have to unmount the SD chip. From the home page, select menu, then select SD card & phone storage, then select Umount SD Card.

Now you can connect the phone to the USB port on your computer. A USB icon will show up in the notification area. Select menu, then notifications, and then select USB connected.  Now you select “Mount” on the popup screen.

Now your computer will see your phone and you can copy files to the SD chip.  I don’t have to follow the second step after the computer recognized the phone the first time.

Good Luck