cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung intercept ringtones/delete

Highlighted
Journeyman

samsung intercept ringtones/delete

How do you delete ringtones from the samsung intercept .. i've downloaded some off the web but i cannot find where they are stored on the phone or how to delete them ..

30 REPLIES 30
Highlighted
Journeyman

I wish that any of these solutions would work. So far I've been able to see the downloads, which I suppose is half the battle, now for just being able to delete them. This is about retarded.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same issue.  I downloaded 8 ringers from myxer.  I could find them under downloads.  Deleted them but they are still in my ringers.  I have tried everything I can think of to delete the ringtones. Nothing works. I have called Sprint twice and they have not been able to figure it out either.  If anyone is able to delete them please post it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

talked with samsung and sprint, only way to correct it is by resetting the phone, if your contacts are saved to gmail, they will transfer back, also data on sd card will not be deleted. seems that myxer and some other downloads, are set as preloaded software, so theres no way to delete it. task is simple. . you would think samsung and sprint would have thought this one through

Message was edited by: tagcaver

Highlighted

Have you tried to use Astro Manager from the Market (free)? I assume your ringtones are on the SD card - look for them using Astro Manager and then delete. Hope this helps - Good luck

Highlighted
Journeyman

Have you tried using a file manager such as ASTRO or Linda file manager?  Often times there are files that don't show on the file manager that comes with the phone but can be managed with ASTRO.

Highlighted
Journeyman

OMG!! me and my boyfriend are havin the same issues!! its so fuckin annoying. i get tired of goin under settings to act like im selecting a new ringtone just to hear what i've dwnloaded. for some reason tho, im able to dwnload off of funformobile.com and pull it up under "My Files" in media. its like it dnt wanna pull up myxer ringtones. I open up my browser and click on menu then other then click on downloads and i see all of my ringtones i dwnloaded from myxer. but still dnt c where their saved on my phone.. DROID CREATERS YALL NEED TO FIX THIS.

Highlighted
Journeyman

still cnt find it.. i hope some1 figure it out.

Journeyman

I was having the same issue. I had two of the exact same ringtone because I downloaded it twice from myxer on accident, and couldn't get rid of it. I just erased everything on my phone. In the future I think I'll download ringtones from myxer to the computer, then transfer them to a folder on the SD card.

Hope someone figures this out, or if its not possible they come up for a fix for it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This worked for me!  Thanks so much!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, I found a samsung site that had the answer.

Bring up "My Files"

Select "Media"

Select "Audio"

Select "Ringtones"

There they are, all those ringtones you don't want.

Touch and hold each ringtone you want to delete and it brings up the "Delete" option.

The actual link is:http://http://www.all-samsungphones.com/how-to-delete-hottest-ringtones-on-samsung-t369.html/

It is for a different Samsung phone but I tried it and it worked for the Intercept.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i dont have the ringtone folder

Highlighted
Journeyman

neither do i!! in my music file i do not see a ringtones folder. ive been trying to figure this out for two days non stop!! very frustrating,,,, i downloaded some ringtones from myxertones.com to my husbands phone... its not a intercept though.... just to see where they would show up and sure enough they show up directly in his music files and you can choose if you want to delete or set as ringtones. why cant it be that easy for the sprint intercept?!?! if anyone can please find a solution, besides resetting your phone, please post how to delete ringtones!! thank you

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat