Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung intercept ringtones/delete

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: samsung intercept ringtones/delete

I went to the sprint store this weekend with my Intercept phone.  I was told that there was NO WAY to delete the ringers.  Nor was I able to asign ringers to my contacts.  I had downloaded 8 ringtones.   So, they reset my phone, saved and reinstalled my contacts.  This erased the ring tones from my phone.  They said this was the ONLY way.  However, this also wiped out my calendar.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow sound similar to my issue. I downloaded a theme that froze my phone and I had to reboot. I lost everything it is annoying as hell to lose personal items.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I downloaded a app called ringdroid it is amazing. The app allows you to make your own ringtones. You should try it the app is free.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You can assign ringtones to contacts so sprint store was incorrect on that but still searching how to delete duplicate ringtones.  I'm determined to figure it out so I'm sure I'll do it somehow.

Highlighted
Journeyman

go to files

and whatever you got the ring tones from & delete them

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok, I have found a solution, though not a great one.  Of course if you are using a ringtone from a song that you put on the mp3 portion of your phone it is easily removed.  For those of you that download from Myxer or other such site it is protected by the DRM.  There is a way to delete this content, however you have to delete ALL of this content.  So if you have multiple downloaded ringtones, backgrounds, etc., it will all be erased and you have to download it again.  Here are the steps: Go to Settings, Applications, Manage Apps, hit the Menu button, Filter, All, DRM Protected Content Storage, Clear data.  Again, think before you do this as you may not want to lose everything or at least have it backed up elsewhere.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This worked but it will delete the ringtones you want to keep.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat