Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

so, I had a very devistating experience that shouldve never even been an issue!

Journeyman

so, I had a very devistating experience that shouldve never even been an issue!

so, I had a very devistating experience with this pos phone. I was with my friend and her dad started having siezure. my intercept was the only phone access for miles and right as i was trying to call it froze. long story short, becausde of this piece of shit unreliable garbage phone by the time we got him help it was already too late. he passed away an hour later in the hospital. How is that right? u should always be able to call 911 from a telelphone without a problem shouldnt u? not only do i blame samsung but I feel like crap that i couldnt get him help. this has been bothering me very much and I feel that none of us deserve this bull. I cant afford to switch services right now because sprint is charging me an arm and a leg or else I would be completely finished with sprint and samsung! i dunno how to go about this. anyone else had these problems?

4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

Sorry for your loss!!

I hate to say it but freezing will be a problem with any phone on any provider no matter what. It was just bad timing in this instance. The Intercept is a crap phone but is not Sprints fault it is the manufacturer in the end but like I said any phone can and will freeze from time to time.

I have the EVO and a 2 friends have the Droid X. Different phone and services and all have frozen up or randomly rebooted on thier own.

Journeyman

1. FCC AT http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm?sid=d1e419&id=d1e483

FCC Form 2000B - Billing, Privacy, or Service Quality Complaint

Federal Communications Commission

Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau

Consumer Complaints

445 12th Street, SW

Washington, D.C. 20554

INCLUDES:

• Unsolicited emails on cellular phone
  • Billing
  • Service
  • Availability
  • Number portability
Wizard

Writing and complaining to the FCC it not going to change the fact that Sprint DID NOT make the phone that froze or is that beyond your comprehending?

No where does it include a defective device even though ALL phones are prone to freezing or rebooting on their given the conditions of use. Just blows my mind how eveyone wants to sue or complain to someone over stuff that has nothing to do with Sprint or other companies.

While you're at it complain because Samsung made the phone , Sprint is the carrier and Google made the OS PLUS and thats a BIG PLUS all the apps on your phone that can cause it to freeze up that you knowingly put on there.

TLBAYLESS1003 wrote:

1. FCC AT http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm?sid=d1e419&id=d1e483

FCC Form 2000B - Billing, Privacy, or Service Quality Complaint

Federal Communications Commission

Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau

Consumer Complaints

445 12th Street, SW

Washington, D.C. 20554

INCLUDES:

• Unsolicited emails on cellular phone
  • Billing
  • Service
  • Availability
  • Number portability
Journeyman

The fact of the matter is, if a company sells you a bad product and the failure of that product causes you or someone else harm, they are liable.  I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.  People have been asking Sprint & Samsung to recall this phone since it came out, and both companies have refused to take responsibility for the failure of their product.  That is willful neglect and disregard for human beings; not just the now typical big company lack of concern about its customers or the quality of its service, but a willful disregard for the inherent danger that people who depend on this phone are in due to its inability to operate with any dependability. 
I hope your friend gets a very good attorney and that they force Sprint and Samsung to behave responsibly. 

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat