10/22 - Samsung Moment Maintenance Release - DJ07

Samsung Moment Maintenance Release - DJ07

Fixes:
- 911 call restrictions after modem crash related to airplane mode and data

lockup
- Proximity sensor and screen lock enhancements

- Sprint Radio black screen

Update your software:
1. The update will automatically download to your phone over the air.
2. A System update screen will prompt you to 'Install now' or 'Install later'.
    If 'Install later' is selected, a reminder will be sent once or twice a day to

install the update
    If 'Install now' is selected, the phone will restart and install the software
3. Your phone will reboot again and the software update will be complete.

Important Notes:
- The new software version is:  S:M900.8.OS.xxxx (see below)
- The new build number is: Eclair:DJ07

- If upgrading OTA (over-the-air), the Baseband version and Build number will

not match.  (Menu > Settings > About phone).  Below is an example

of what you will see if you upgraded to DJ07 OTA and you were previously

on version DI06:

Baseband version - S:M900.8.OS.DI06

Build number - ECLAIR. DJ07
- This update will be available through computer download on 11/3. The

computer download will be available via sprint.com downloads and can

be accessed at:

http://shop.sprint.com/en/software_downloads/pda_smartphone/samsung_moment.shtml

Message was edited by: dshoem01

[updated download availability date - red font]

[updated fixes included - red font]

106 REPLIES 106
Highlighted
Journeyman

all in all this phone sucks im switching to the epic next month screw it gets on my nerves

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is the best way to get a resolve to this problem…

Call Sprint, ask to have your phone replaced by the advanced engineering group.

You will receive a refurbished Samsung Moment that has modifications to it.

What I was told by Sprint is: The advanced engineering group rebuilds the phone in-house with better chips and antenna…

This is what my experience has been with the new phone:

I now have full signal strength 95% of the time.

I was at a dinner party that 2 other people had Sprint phones. 1 of them had 1 bar of signal the other had none.

My phone had full signal strength and accessed the internet with no problem! EVDO!

The only problem I have with this phone is it still will only pull e-mail if I re-set it or pull the battery. The work around is I just use web mail. Web mail is way faster and reliable. Just set your browser web page to open to your webmail…..

I hope this helps

Jeremy

Highlighted
Journeyman

How about wifi?  Have you tried to cause a data lockup?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just made a clean Flash to DI06 and did over the air update to DJ07 this morning.

I turned on Wifi and tried to go to www.autoblog.com half way through the page loading the data connection froze.

Tried to make a call, the calling icon came up but nothing was going through. No dial tone, nothing.

Tried to drop that call it progress and it froze the entire phone.

I went to Sprint store but was told that I'll have to pay $35 to have the tech look at it and see if it was anything like moisture damage or if it was covered by manufacturer warranty. Even if under warranty by factory, it will only be another moment.

Was to I can't get a free replacement either because I didn't pay $5 monthly insurance.

So basically Sprint won't do anything about a faulty lemon phone.

I'll be getting T-Mobile for my wife's new phone. Already looking into cancelling Sprint's service now. Will see how much early termination will cost me versus selling Samsung Moment on eBay.

Will never buy Samsung phones again. Instinct, Moment, Intercept, Epic (Galaxy S), Transform all have issues.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Don't see any new update yet as of 11/3 ....today is 11/3

Highlighted
Journeyman

It was up last night, I did a clean flash, my lord I think it actually works... this is scarey.... I tried to lock it up multiple times and no luck.

Highlighted
Journeyman

All the headaches clearly reflect on Samsung and Sprint.  By the way,... problems still exist.  Thanks for making me an unhappy customer.  My dollar goes elsewhere next time.  Customer of no faith.

Highlighted
Journeyman

advanced engineering group? you've been had.  android phones use arm processors which are system on a chip designs.  if they could do that, why brand the phone as samsung, they could make their own devices straight out of kentucky.  they traded you another moment, keep watchful... it may yet fail.  if the answer was you need a new chip and antenna they would tell all customers to take their phones back to get serviced.  pcb soc chips can't be simply removed and replaced, the whole pcb would be damaged.  (i think the representative you talked to is the kind of person who made millions selling ice to eskimoes.  knows nothing about the products they sell.)

Highlighted
Journeyman

nachothecheesy1

I agree you are right.

I am a board level certified repair person for NEC, Oki Data, Motorola….

What I am saying is:

I have had this replacement Moment for 2 weeks.

This is the 5th replacement phone.

It works better than any sprint phone I have ever used (That is not saying much).

I have EVDO everywhere.

I can place a phone call anywhere. I made a phone call in an elevator in a basement of a parking garage!!!!

The only issue that is not resolved is:

I can not use the application on the phone to get my e-mail. It will work for 2 days at a time but needs a reset to start pulling email.

I Much prefer to use web mail applications that show the content of the email instantly… So problem fixed off of my workaround……

Whatever they did to modify this phone, it works for now… I suspect that this phone is directly from Samsung.. The same batch that all of the direct Sprint employees have. Just think, why are the sprint employee Moments working fine?

P.S. I was told the only reason I was given this phone is because they do not want me back in the store!!!!

Highlighted
Wizard

eremylambert6100 wrote:

nachothecheesy1

I agree you are right.

I am a board level certified repair person for NEC, Oki Data, Motorola….

What I am saying is:

I have had this replacement Moment for 2 weeks.

This is the 5th replacement phone.

It works better than any sprint phone I have ever used (That is not saying much).

I have EVDO everywhere.

I can place a phone call anywhere. I made a phone call in an elevator in a basement of a parking garage!!!!

The only issue that is not resolved is:

I can not use the application on the phone to get my e-mail. It will work for 2 days at a time but needs a reset to start pulling email.

I Much prefer to use web mail applications that show the content of the email instantly… So problem fixed off of my workaround……

Whatever they did to modify this phone, it works for now… I suspect that this phone is directly from Samsung.. The same batch that all of the direct Sprint employees have. Just think, why are the sprint employee Moments working fine?

P.S. I was told the only reason I was given this phone is because they do not want me back in the store!!!!

Following your theory...

A.  Samsung made a batch of perfect Moments, then altered production so that ensuing Moments would not work properly.  Samsung gave those perfect Moments to Sprint, saying "Hold these aside for your employees, because all the others you get won't work right and we are doing that on purpose".

or

B.  Samsung made millions of Moments that did not work properly, then figured out the problem and then only made a few more of those good phones.  Samsung gave those to Sprint, saying "We finally figured out how to fix all the problems, but only give these good ones to your employees, since now that we can build perfect Moments, we are shutting down production forever".

Why would Sprint go along with either of those scenarios?  Either of these scenarios would also require that thousands, if not tens of thousands, of Sprint corporate and franchise employees be told that there is a special batch of phones just for them, and somehow that fact has been kept secret, and no one has leaked it to the cell-phone fan sites. If only "the advanced engineering group" is aware of the perfect Moments, how would they arrange for employees to only get phones from this special batch; why would they care whether Jeremy goes into some remote Sprint store again...but apparently not care if hundreds of other customers who post here continue to show up in the stores complaining; and why would they tell you about this so-far perfectly kept secret?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wasbakntyme-

I am acutely conveying what Sprint has told me, As well as my experience with this issue.

Point 1. I have a phone that works...

Point 2. You do not...

You can keep wasting your time on these forums that Sprint does not read.... Or stop being a problem builder and do something different than you are doing to resolve this issue.

Trying to find fault in what I am saying and making up Sh** will not help you get your phone fixed. Attack Sprint not me….

Ask your self why do all of the Sprint employees have Samsung Moment phones that work? Every store I have been in at least 2 employees has had a Samsung Moment.

Have you ever heard of pre production runs???? Wasbakntyme have you?

It is not uncommon for companies to have in house product engineering… I work for Microsoft in X-BOX. I can go directly down 1 floor in to a lab and watch board mods being done…. These modified boxes are frequently shipped to customers…….

This is not the X files dude! I am not saying there is some big conspiracy! I am saying Sprint nor Samsung want to spend the money it will cast to make this right. What they will spend money on is understanding what the problem is so it doesn’t happen in the next product.

Also Wasbakntyme you would understand the point about them not wanting me back in their store if you meet me in person. You also would not run your mouth in person….. I can guarantee you that..

Highlighted
Wizard

Post I was replying to was removed by admin, so I edited away my response.

Message was edited by: wasbakntyme

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat