Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10/22 - Samsung Moment Maintenance Release - DJ07

Highlighted
Wizard

10/22 - Samsung Moment Maintenance Release - DJ07

Samsung Moment Maintenance Release - DJ07

Fixes:
- 911 call restrictions after modem crash related to airplane mode and data

lockup
- Proximity sensor and screen lock enhancements

- Sprint Radio black screen

Update your software:
1. The update will automatically download to your phone over the air.
2. A System update screen will prompt you to 'Install now' or 'Install later'.
    If 'Install later' is selected, a reminder will be sent once or twice a day to

install the update
    If 'Install now' is selected, the phone will restart and install the software
3. Your phone will reboot again and the software update will be complete.

Important Notes:
- The new software version is:  S:M900.8.OS.xxxx (see below)
- The new build number is: Eclair:DJ07

- If upgrading OTA (over-the-air), the Baseband version and Build number will

not match.  (Menu > Settings > About phone).  Below is an example

of what you will see if you upgraded to DJ07 OTA and you were previously

on version DI06:

Baseband version - S:M900.8.OS.DI06

Build number - ECLAIR. DJ07
- This update will be available through computer download on 11/3. The

computer download will be available via sprint.com downloads and can

be accessed at:

http://shop.sprint.com/en/software_downloads/pda_smartphone/samsung_moment.shtml

Message was edited by: dshoem01

[updated download availability date - red font]

[updated fixes included - red font]

106 REPLIES 106
Highlighted
Journeyman

sdsalsero wrote:

My wife's Moment received this update, restarted etc.  And then later that same day she got another notice that 'the update' was available to upgrade from 03 to 05 ?  I double-checked and she was already on the 07 rev so why was she being prompted for the older rev?

Anyone else have this problem?

It would be interesting to find out that they'd messed-up the rollout and people were actually getting downgraded to 05 rather than upgraded to 07.  It would also explain why people continue to have the 911 issue.  Or, maybe my situation was unique?

Yes, but no one cares on here.  Call Sprint Customer Service, this really is the wrong place.

Message was edited by: uninventiveheart

Highlighted
Journeyman

Corporations love compliance.  Customers should be quiet and keep paying their bills.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Uninventiveheart-

As for the issue of liability, Your logic is flawed.

Example: Sprint sold me the equipment!

They made money on the transaction

They also leveraged service contract with equipment discount.. Real money.

If I follow your pass the buck logic & attitude where does it stop?

So does Samsung say it is the chip manufacture? Is it the guy the outsourced code to too blame?

( I am not sure when the last time you opened a phone up but it is a sea of names involved inside a device to make it work).

My point is I bought this from Sprint. They are liable for the quality of the products they sale. If they want to play the game of we only sale service… Then I suggest Sprint should stop charging for phones???

Peace

Message was edited by: jeremylambert6100

Highlighted
Journeyman

I received the update on Saturday, 10/23. It seemed to work fine until today, when the internet connection was lost.  So, I rebooted.  It took about 45 minutes to come back up -- it must have been looping or something.  Once I slid open the keyboard, the screen displayed something other than the words “SAMSUNG”.  I removed the battery for about 15 minutes.  Then tried to start it again.  It took about 10 minutes, then the phone slowly came back up. Total process took about 90 minutes.

About 30 minutes later, I restarted the phone again.  It took about 5 minutes to come to the lock screen.  Then three minutes after I unlocked the screen before I could launch an application.  Initially I tried to access the phone dial pad (by pressing the green phone button, lower-left), and received an error “Process system is not responding”.  I waited, and it went away.  I was then able to make a call.

It seems that web pages load very slowly – approx 3 minutes for each. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just wait it will get worse!  The only thing sprint will do is replace your phone with the same phone. The next time it updates you will have another corrupted phone… Good luck!

Highlighted
Journeyman

UPDATE:  As noted earlier, my phone updated on 10/23 at 11:30p PST via the OTA update. I had no issues with the update and required no assistance to correct any problems with the update. I also rarely ever saw the airplane mode problem. Since then, I've experienced no problems with the phone including the random data lockups. My phone, depending on use and signal strength, would lock up 2-3 times a day and only when using data services, but usually only when at home where my signal is very weak. As of this post, there have been no data lockups and I use the phone regularly at home. It still takes about 3-4 minutes to boot up. I've restarted my several times just to ensure it can restart without any problems and I no longer see the message about the "system not responding" message I we see from time to time.

So for me, things appear to be working. But as I've mentioned in the past, I seem to be the only person this side of the Saturn to have a Moment that works relatively well. YMMV!

Now if only I could keep my cable connection up and running. Good thing my Moment works at the moment.

Regards,

Steven

Message was edited by: stmiranda1

Highlighted
Journeyman

After five transfers, and 30 minutes on the phone with Sprint, they recommended a hard-reset.  They thought it would roll the phone back to 1.5, so I decided to see if an installed app was causing the issue.  I uninstalled "Lookout Mobile Security", because I installed it late last week, but before the update, and the issues is now improved.  I now have 25.12MB of internal "Availalbe Space", so I'll monitor the situation for a couple of days to see how it operates.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've had the Samsung boot loop a number of times. The system eats it's own resources and I haven't found a good way of maintaining it. Even if you delete cache, unused apps, and anything else that would make sense it still will lag behind when you press the screen, take forever to boot up, and sometimes not even pick up when it rings. The simple thing to do is do a factory reset. And it stays at 2.1. IT DOES NOT REVERT TO 1.6! It would be nice if I didn't have to wipe my phone every month or two, but between that and keeping my WiFi off, my phone almost works correctly.    

Highlighted
Journeyman

jeremylambert6100 wrote:

Uninventiveheart-

As for the issue of liability, Your logic is flawed and half ***.

Example: Sprint sold me the equipment!

They made money on the transaction

They also leveraged service contract with equipment discount.. Real money.

If I follow your pass the buck logic & attitude where does it stop?

So does Samsung say it is the chip manufacture? Is it the guy the outsourced code to too blame?

( I am not sure when the last time you opened a phone up but it is a sea of names involved inside a device to make it work).

My point is I bought this from Sprint. They are liable for the quality of the products they sale. If they want to play the game of we only sale service… Then I suggest Sprint should stop charging for phones???

Also Uninventiveheart please do not vote in the upcoming elections. You are what is wrong with this country (People who pass the buck and run their mouth about BS).

Peace

Still leaving this original reply up.  That was a beautiful piece of anger, and you're right, I am what's wrong with this country.  Everyone needs to tell me precisely what to do and I should have nothing.  Exactly what people like me deserve.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Uninventiveheart-
I am Sorry for being a jerk. I will delete out the personal stuff from my post.

I am just so frustrated with this issue!

I used to think it was funny when my phone would get a blank e-mail from the year 1962!

Now it is no longer funny and has cost me a customer.....

The Net Net of the whole issue is Sprint should do the right thing and replace the Samsung Moment or at least give a substantial credit towards a replacement phone....

Also I get your point about being an informed consumer before I purchase.

Peace!

Jeremy

Highlighted
Journeyman

Uninventiveheart has been trolling in here for the last four weeks.  Don't apologize.  If she wants to run her mouth like a five year old, treat her like a five year old: ignore her.  She's not going to edit her post, your original message is still there.  Just keep it.

Our phones don't work, and nothing she says is helping.  To **** with her.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Gave it a couple of days to see what happened after the update.  Phone seems a little laggier, but other than that, I thought maybe it had worked.  I went for several days without a data lock.  Usually, I only turn wifi on when I know I'll have no wireless signal, then turn it off when I leave that situation, but this time, I forgot to turn off the wifi when I left the basement at work.  Went to use an app that streamed data while I was outside of wifi range and instantly got the up arrow of data death. had to reboot.  I'll say this, though... prior to the update, ANYTIME I used wifi, even if I switched it back off, I would get the data lock within about 5 minutes.  Still, I should be able to leave wifi on so that it gets used when it is a better option.  I still think this phone is a total brick.  Actually, I'd call it worse than that, but I've already had a comment deleted by the Admins on this forum.  Too bad they aren't as concerned with satisfying their dissatisfied customers as they are with preserving Victorian Vocabulary in their forums.

Definitely switching carriers when the contract is up.  Too bad, too.  I've been with sprint for 10 years, and until now, I've never had a complaint about their products. Hear that Sprint?  YOU turned a happy customer into someone who will  warn people away from Sprint, now.

On another front, all this garbage about whether Sprint or Samsung is to blame is really academic, isn't it.  My Moment says Sprint on it, and Sprint sold it to me.  I don't go to the Samsung store to get service, so for what its worth, it's Sprint that ought to be making this right. I'd gladly accept a Hero over this brick.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat