Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10/22 - Samsung Moment Maintenance Release - DJ07

Wizard

10/22 - Samsung Moment Maintenance Release - DJ07

Samsung Moment Maintenance Release - DJ07

Fixes:
- 911 call restrictions after modem crash related to airplane mode and data

lockup
- Proximity sensor and screen lock enhancements

- Sprint Radio black screen

Update your software:
1. The update will automatically download to your phone over the air.
2. A System update screen will prompt you to 'Install now' or 'Install later'.
    If 'Install later' is selected, a reminder will be sent once or twice a day to

install the update
    If 'Install now' is selected, the phone will restart and install the software
3. Your phone will reboot again and the software update will be complete.

Important Notes:
- The new software version is:  S:M900.8.OS.xxxx (see below)
- The new build number is: Eclair:DJ07

- If upgrading OTA (over-the-air), the Baseband version and Build number will

not match.  (Menu > Settings > About phone).  Below is an example

of what you will see if you upgraded to DJ07 OTA and you were previously

on version DI06:

Baseband version - S:M900.8.OS.DI06

Build number - ECLAIR. DJ07
- This update will be available through computer download on 11/3. The

computer download will be available via sprint.com downloads and can

be accessed at:

http://shop.sprint.com/en/software_downloads/pda_smartphone/samsung_moment.shtml

Message was edited by: dshoem01

[updated download availability date - red font]

[updated fixes included - red font]

106 REPLIES 106
Journeyman

"I'd gladly accept a Hero over this brick."  Well, a friend at work has one, and it has what is apparently a common problem of rebotting itself randomly, often in the middle of a phone call, and often requires a battery pull to get it to boot correctly.  Pick a smartphone, pick a carrier.  They all have problems...

Journeyman

Amen to that, unfortunately every other phone I have had like(Lotus Elite, the original Razr, the first Rumor, the rant, the instinct and the Blackberry 8330, downgrade to upgrade, still Sprint has caused me nothing but time money and loss of a business due to lack of service, is it honestly too much to ask for a phone that receives calls and texts? Landlines are not any better, we do not live in the boondocks and the Sprint tech had nerve to tell me to use my Samsung Moment outside in my backyard, ahahaha, I had my phone connected through my wifi at home what a hysterical joke on me, and one tech actually had nerve to say we were too close to towers, no 3G coming our way anytime soon, which most phones are enabled to run of of the 3G speed for best performance which would allow our phones the solved issue of battery drain due to the tech's had suggested keeping our phones on roaming, by the way watch which task killer you use because they constantly run in the background and causes your battery to drain faster, my husband has a a Moment also, kept him on the donut version while I was on eclair(withe the pathetic little update that my phone prompted me to install on 3 different occasions) and what do ya know tested task killer apps and sure enough as soon as we removed them battery issue solved to a certain extent, I have had Supervisor's hang up on me and insinuate I am a liar and that they are in no way in breach of contract, but lo' and behold if we don't pay the full bill for services not rendered they penalize us... and offer us substandard substitutes which have been scrapped, I can get one for a buck online and still no luck! That pay as you go Tracfone is looking more and more appealing...Sprint just do your jobs! Stop treating your customers like just another number! Without us you wouldn't have a job... We have lives too and cannot get back the amount of time we have spent even on lower end phones because your smart phones aren't so smart and neither are your employee's! Just Sayin... AGAIN, by the way I will be sending Sprint my bill...Tammy White Morris

Journeyman

The truth is Data lock up is not fixed it more or less cover up! The update tells the phone to reset after like 5 minunuts of no data dose not fix the issues  it take that long to pull the battery and reset  the phone! There are some people have delt with surport and have more or less got a down grade or so called less of a phone like hero or intercept also intercept has knowing lock up issues also there has been one report of one person that i know of reciving new transform what is equal to moment not down grade.Sprint dose not even sell these phone they still sell the hero that alone should tell you phone can't be fixed.I think Sprint needs to own up to the issue not try get people to call off there contract early and pay fine for phone defect that can't be fixed.Most of us ask for this to be fixed it can't sprint would more or less lose money to replace this phone or issue early upgrade you think they would want keep people that are paying for a contact with them!Sprint it time stop with the cover up putting the people that own this phone through hell because of phone defected we all know and so do you in long run if this issue is fixed with people own this defected phone more or less says to them and me that you care enough to keep the people that are set with in contract!I'm not trying just get a new phone at all I want a phone that works this phone has made me  miss phone calls dealing with my 11 yr old son has diabetes type one when school had issues  my son had to wait a hour becase could not recive calls or voice mail or ect because phone was lock up and unable to work right.Sprint really make things right stop lieing to people and false updates this issues was to be fixed long ago it still not it more or less temp work around so don't have to replace defected phone has hardware and software issue !

Message was edited by: markclark1973

Message was edited by: markclark1973

Journeyman

Installed stock DE03 using SWUpgrade, then upgraded to DJ07 OTA, allowed phone to boot (froze up at the Sprint Animation several times, had to do about 3 battery pulls), phone finally booted okay.  Enabled wifi, connected to my home router. Disabled wifi, allowed 3G to pick up, started a 13-minute YouTube video, switched to HQ. Twelve seconds into the video it stopped playing.  Hit the Home button, Up Arrow of Death.  Waited ten minutes, still no data, no phone calls.  Phone is now in data lockup.  Attempted calling voicemail.  Phone said it was dialing for five minutes.  Heard nothing.  Unable to end call, hitting the End button just turns off the screen.  Had to do a battery pull and reboot the phone to resume normal operation.

Working for Dell tech support, I fix about 15-20 computers a day. I wish I could 'fix' computers like Sprint/Samsung 'fixes' the data lockup.  Every call would be the same thing:

"Thank you for calling Dell Tech Support.  Have a great day.  Bye." *CLICK* 

Journeyman

jeremylambert6100 wrote:

Uninventiveheart-
I am Sorry for being a jerk. I will delete out the personal stuff from my post.

I am just so frustrated with this issue!

I used to think it was funny when my phone would get a blank e-mail from the year 1962!

Now it is no longer funny and has cost me a customer.....

The Net Net of the whole issue is Sprint should do the right thing and replace the Samsung Moment or at least give a substantial credit towards a replacement phone....

Also I get your point about being an informed consumer before I purchase.

Peace!

Jeremy

I'm tired of half of my posts being deleted.  (Yes, I'm calling a mod out.  Just ban me already and be done with it.)

I'm tired of my phone not doing what I want it to do... work.

And I'm tired of reading people on this forum.  Jeremy, you and I are cut of the same cloth.  We're both jerks.  Don't apologize, keep being one.

I've taken down my prior posts.  I've also solved the data freeze problem by throwing the phone and my money spent on it in a trash compactor.  I'm on a used device (Palm Treo Pro 850) and while I hate Windows Mobile 6, it is far more reliable than the Moment is.  I get calls again, my data works, and text messaging on Google Voice runs after some tinkering.

I'll leave with one last thought before this post is deleted by an acerbic jerk running this site who is also tired of me as well.  (as far as I care, I'm done with this 'community'... if I can't sign onto the website at all, if that makes you happy, thats fine by me.)

If your Moment doesn't work, do something about it.

Complaints on this forum are being ignored, or at best deleted.  Cancel and leave, go with another device (used, pleading, or your prior one, do what you gotta do), or take it past Sprint and file complaints with the government.  Sprint gets skunk devices all the time (re: Samsung Instinct... ask any of those users about the first wave of phones and it will sound a lot like this forum) and their reputation for handling such is legendary.  THAT is why they have customer service problems.  If we fail to pay a bill, use too much roaming, or go international and drum up a $23,000 charge, we're shut off.  If they fail on their end, (towers shut off from a glitch, someone in billing changes your plan without authorization, or they put out a device like the Moment) they've worked it over the years that we as consumers can't get the same in return.  Our contract to pay monthly is more binding than getting a working device to use through the term length of the contract, and for answering that problem... just like everything else in this country, only a courtroom will fix it.

Stop reading this and act.

Message was edited by: uninventiveheart

Message was edited by: uninventiveheart

Journeyman

Your all wasting your time to type issues here as really they don't care what on these forum more or less was told every phone someone has to bi*tch about something!Don't waste your time to call tech surport all they want to do is reset your phone or temp fix pull the battery and they have no clue what data lock up is or they do and lie about it always pointed that maybe I did something wrong to the phone even know it has a list of issue and updates that don't fix the issues !More or less I was told or offer to buy a phone for $300 and plus amount or to pay $200 and plus for a new phone or to buy a used refurb phone for less $40 to $100 to me did not sound like any type of deal when phone has knowing issues!So next was the TEP and that cost me $100 to replace they agree to give one month free or service still I even up paying for issue that a defect from samsung and sprint!Only other thing I could do is drive over a hour to a main sprint store and have them look at it maybe it get replaced for free but as most know if it dase not happen to them they do nothing more or less I don't have the time to go to the main store having 3 kids and one that has ton of appt..So I'm stuck with a phone that dose not work right and sprint keep it all cover up more or less none of know what where talking about.So better to waste your time else where besides here unless your lucky get someone that give a crap about you even know there making money off you really you mean nothing that my veiw and way they made me feel so im more or less stuck with a junk phone unless I pay more money out my pocket for a phone with knowing issues.

Don't waste your time here !

Journeyman

Well the update for 11/3 some got there hand on it early and hate to say unless it been updated it dose not work ......

Journeyman

Samsung Moment Maintenance Release - DJ07

Fixes:
- 911 call restrictions after modem crash related to airplane mode and data

lockup
- Proximity sensor and screen lock enhancements

- Sprint Radio black screen

So what do these red edits mean?  I assume the strike-through on 911 means it didn't get fixed, but what's that black screen thing?

Message was edited by: Headlessponch

Journeyman

Well all the updates come from samsung not sprint is what I got told so really it make sense as to why they don't know to much about all the updates .So maybe it best take it up with samsung not sprint that updates don't work !

Wizard

The strikethrough of 911 means it's not only 911 calls that were restricted...it was all calls.  I don't have more details on the Sprint Radio fix.

Journeyman

Can I take my phone to a Sprint store and get a temporary replacement until they fix the issue with this. That would seem fair.

Wizard

Is there any way to convince my phone that it's supposed to be fixed?

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat