10/22 - Samsung Moment Maintenance Release - DJ07

Samsung Moment Maintenance Release - DJ07

Fixes:
- 911 call restrictions after modem crash related to airplane mode and data

lockup
- Proximity sensor and screen lock enhancements

- Sprint Radio black screen

Update your software:
1. The update will automatically download to your phone over the air.
2. A System update screen will prompt you to 'Install now' or 'Install later'.
    If 'Install later' is selected, a reminder will be sent once or twice a day to

install the update
    If 'Install now' is selected, the phone will restart and install the software
3. Your phone will reboot again and the software update will be complete.

Important Notes:
- The new software version is:  S:M900.8.OS.xxxx (see below)
- The new build number is: Eclair:DJ07

- If upgrading OTA (over-the-air), the Baseband version and Build number will

not match.  (Menu > Settings > About phone).  Below is an example

of what you will see if you upgraded to DJ07 OTA and you were previously

on version DI06:

Baseband version - S:M900.8.OS.DI06

Build number - ECLAIR. DJ07
- This update will be available through computer download on 11/3. The

computer download will be available via sprint.com downloads and can

be accessed at:

http://shop.sprint.com/en/software_downloads/pda_smartphone/samsung_moment.shtml

Message was edited by: dshoem01

[updated download availability date - red font]

[updated fixes included - red font]

106 REPLIES 106
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have constant data disconnects that put the phone into Airplane Mode. This is incredibly frustrating but I have rooted the phone and found a Reboot widget which I have placed on my home screen so that when the data/phone locks up I can reboot the phone without having to remove the battery.

I realize that the Moment is no longer offered but shouldn't Sprint proactively address this issue or replace these defective phones with a current model such as the Optima S?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes they should, or replace it with phones like the evo or the epic.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Please sign this petition to get Sprint to see what they are doing to use.

http://www.petitiononline.com/2010SSMS/petition.html

Highlighted
Journeyman

While struggling with this phone for over a year now on both our lines, we can appreciate this release to fix the modem crash problem.  For a while there I thought sprint really thought they had fixed it because tech support kept saying "we havent had anyone call in with issues since the last release", but obviously persistence in reporting it to them payed off.  It's not a true fix, per say, as all it does is reset the modem if it does lock up, but it does not actually prevent it from locking up altogether, just makes it a little more resistant to lockups, which is acceptable for most users.  The only thing left for sprint to fix this phone is to release the DL05 or DL25 Android 2.2 OS upgrade.  I looked elsewhere (www.sdx-developers.com) for the upgrade and now I have never been happier with my phone, everything works flawlessly.

Highlighted
Journeyman

How can I unsubscribe from this thread again?  I haven't had this phone now since last August/September... (this is ~ 2-3 models of phones ago from my point of view)

Highlighted
Journeyman

lol i as well have the moment just turned it in for a repair that is taking all weekend... sucks but as im sitting hea reading all you guys comments i realized that the name says it all... moment.... it only works for a moment

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why are people still complaining about this phone?

This phone is not even being made anymore. Sprint actually has a free trade in program that started july 30 2010 for this phone to either get a hero or intercept. Some people have even been able to get a transform, lg optimus or credit towards an evo/epic and pay almost nothing.

So u people do have options u just want a reason to complain.

One tip regular customer service is not authorized to do the free trade in so u need to get a hold of executive services or advanced tech support. Also u do not need to have insurance to do the free trade in just have atleast a few trips to sprint store and or replacments on your account. O almost forgot the biggest thing, the trade in will not extend your contract either.

So i guess u guys should stop complaining to, or on the sprint forum cuz they have been doing the right thing. Y not hit up sammy and raise h e l l to them they are obviously the ones who did not want to do a recall.

Highlighted
Journeyman

BARKER005,

I have tried dealing with Adv Tech Support to get a EPIC as you mentioned above to no avail. I have replaced the Moment 3 times. Was sent to the local Sprint Tech only to me told the phone failed all tests and offered the Transform which I do not want. How do you get ahold of some who will help with the Trade In offer for an Epic?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Umm yeah there is no way for u to get an epic for free and u should have taken the transform. If u get a hold of sprint executive services they may give you some credit to your account which in turn u can use at a sprint store or online towards a epic or any phone u want.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You got offered the transform?  Wow, all I was offered was that piece of crap Intercept....

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's very frustrating when some people are being offered replacement phones, but I was told there was no way that could happen by technical service. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat