cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5/14 Sprint Official 2.1 Update: Eclair.DE03 Software Update for Samsung Moment

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: 5/14 Sprint Official 2.1 Update: Eclair.DE03 Software Update for Samsung Moment

mrnelgin wrote:

It's not a fact that I didn't see the warning not to use a USB hub or front USB ports, I chose to ignore it

Those of us who did not ignore it do not have the mute button or slide to unlock problems.

(calm down, that was a joke)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 5/14 Sprint Official 2.1 Update: Eclair.DE03 Software Update for Samsung Moment

I updated to 2.1 and am having issues with the battery now.  it seems like it just drains more power when it's idling even with the screen off now for me.

I didn't plug in my phone last night before I went to sleep and when I woke up I had lost 45% power in a 7 - 8 hour period.

It sounds like there's some other people having bettery issues, does anyone know if Sprint has talked about addressing the issue.

It seems like some people are saying to root the phone and install the 2.1 update from another source like sdx-developers, I'm just worried about if that's as reliable as the update Sprint came out with, and if it works good with the Sprint voice and data service.  Although it does sound like that's about the only way to get live wallpapers right now which would be sweet!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anyone been having issues with their network connection after the update?  I seem to be losing my connection quite often and my text messages don't get sent.  I have to re-send them at least twice or even restart my phone in order to send messages.  My phone also seems to have a delay when I'm trying to switch between apps.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What I would give to only lose 45% battery power in that period of time! My phone runs down to 0 and turns off just sitting in my pocket or on my desk for 6 hours or so. Best I have ever gotten out of it has been 8 or 10 hours total. I am more and more convinced that there are serious hardware issues with this phone. I want to like it, but it just is not usable when it locks up data, goes into ariplane mode and cannot last even a regular work day without being charged. Today, I got 6 hours of minimal use out of it and that was including some "topping off" the charge for about 15 minutes while I was driving. I think I need to ask about getting a new phone...

By the way, to the person who was thinking about using the SDX firmware, it is really just the Sprint kernal with some tweaks to make it run better. However, I beleive it voids your warranty to use it, and I really need to keep my warranty with this phone!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Please report this as describe here... http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/32757?tstart=0.

(Please follow the links to understand the relationship between airplane mode and loss of network connectivity).

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've only just been using the phone for 2 days, and bought it only because it had a 2.1 update available. Here are my two issues currently.

1. Voice commands using Nuance no longer works. It asks me to speak the command, and when I do, it looks like it's processing and then just simply exits out to the home screen. What's the deal with that?

2. I lose connectivity to the data network without warning, and no real good way to get it back except for rebooting the phone. NOT acceptable.

I haven't tried the Google.com thing with GPS on, but that also sounds like a show stopper. Does Samsung/Sprint not have any QC department or what?

Also, as a note, the pinch to zoom thing MIGHT simply be Samsung caving in to legal pressures because of our broken and overused patent system.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Dumped the moment and went for the Evo. Love the Evo. Wont be getting a Samsung phone for a while.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You should put on as a requirement for upgrade DE03 is 2.0 USB!!!!!!

G

Highlighted
Journeyman

Battery issue for me too statred right after update.  Drains wAY TOO FAST!

Highlighted
Journeyman

AFTER THE UPDATE i CAN"T CONNECT TO WIRELESS AT ALL NOW!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Losing Connectivity to the network at random is a common flaw in the Samsung Moment.  It is a flaw built into everyone phone that Sprint nor Samsung have resolved to fix.  I am compiling a list of affected individuals and their stories in dealing with Sprint/Samsung to resolve the issue.  If you are interested in being a part of this campaign send me an email at Samsung_Moment_Issue@cintwr.com.  Also, friend the facebook account Samsung Lockup so that you can leave your story.

Sprint/Samsung issued out a phone with a defective flaw and have failed to acknowledge the issue by presenting their customers with a respectable solution.  Replacing the phone with another defective phone is not a reasonable solution...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was loving my Sprint service and phone until I went to my dealer and had the update installed. My phone locked in the middle and had to be replaced. Even though I had only had it a couple of months, it was replaced with a refurbished phone. After less than 2 weeks, I starte dhavig strange problems... losing GPS so that Navigation was useless, having my phone turn on and off by itself and finally having it lock up so that I had to remove the battery and reinstall it just to be able to makme a call. I went back to the dealer and they replaced the phone again with a refurbished phone but it is now exhibiting most of the same problems. I think I deserve a NEW phone since that is what I initially paid for and had only had it for months before having it replaced. What do I need to do to make this happen?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat