Wizard

9/22 - Samsung Moment Maintenance Release - DI06

Samsung Moment Maintenance Release - DI06

Fixes:
- Airplane Mode issue
- Skyfire browser power cycle issue
- Adds Select All option to Bulk Bluetooth contact push

Update your software:
1. The software will be automatically downloaded to your phone since this is a recommended update.

2. A System update screen will prompt the user to 'Install now' or 'Install later'.

If 'Install later' is selected, a reminder will be sent once or twice a day to install the update.

If 'Install now' is selected, the phone will power down and then reboot.

Important Notes:
- This update will take approximately 7-8 minutes to download and 7-8 minutes to install.
- The new software version is:  S:M900.8.OS.DI06

- This  update is available OTA (over the air) only and will be pushed to your  device.  It is being pushed in stages so not everyone will receive it  the first   day.

- Your device must be on software version DE03 to perform the update to DI06.  UPDATE: If you are still on CJ05 or CL14, you will need to update using the customer facing upgrade tool that will be posted on Sprint.com/downloads or Samsung's website.

Update: This update will be available via sprint.com downloads on 10/6 and can be accessed at   http://shop.sprint.com/en/software_downloads/pda_smartphone/samsung_moment.shtml

Message was edited by: dshoem01

89 REPLIES 89
Highlighted
Journeyman

I got my update by doing the firmware update! Let's see...(fingers crossed)

Highlighted
Patron

Checked firmware and I was able to get the update.

Amusing note from Sprint: "you will not be able to make or receive calls during this time" -> kind of like the radio problem, except they are warning us.

We'll see after playing with WiFi tonight.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just locked up on me. Everything seemed to be working great, had wifi on (not connected to a network), was using google maps with GPS, surfing the web, youtube, then I went to android market and started a DL. Then a lock, tried a phone call, doesn't dial out.

SIGH...

Journeyman

I just updated. Turned on WIFI without being connected to a network.  Started streaming You Tube videos.  Got the up arrow of death. Checked that I couldn't do any web searches or make any phone calls.  Got a little upset.  Normally this would be where I would have to do the pull the battery dance, but I had to set the phone down for about 30 seconds.  Went back to the phone to pull the battery and noticed that I had my data connections back.  No reset required.  

Has anyone tried connecting to their WIFI and then walking out of network range without turning of the WIFI?  This always would kill my phone.

Highlighted

If you read the other topic about this update, it says that this update doesn't fix the data lockup issue.  Only the airplane mode issue...which I'm not quite sure what that is since I've never had it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yea I guess I never realized which problem I had, but it's off to the sprint store. I really don't to switch providers, but I don't want to pay $50 for the Hero (seems like a nice phone but is it an downgrade?) I'm still within my 30 days. Any ideas on how to get them to give me an upgrade for free or a better upgrade (evo or Epic) for a reduced fee?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just saw the post and went into update firmware and the update was there. Seems to be working fine running on new kernel. We will see if the data lockups decrease. Will keep you posted.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Update -

I had the WIFI on but not connected to a network.  I was listening to Pandora for about 20 minutes.  Lost data connection.  Had the up arrow of death.  Waited to see if the phone would recover.  After nine minutes the phone went into airplane mode with the airplane in the status bar. Held down the disconnect button and the phone option for airplane mode is grayed out reporting that airplane mode is off.

I guess I will pull the battery.  Turn WIFI off completely and see if the problem replicates.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, that was the last straw, I'm no longer a Sprint customer. Took my phone back, they didn't try to make an peace offer, so I dropped them. Hope it turns out well for you guys.

Highlighted
Journeyman

A Moment with DE03 on joeykrim SDX 2.0.4 kernel is able to download/apply the update OTA.  Kernel still joeykrim with baseband version DI06.

Highlighted
Journeyman

How is everyone getting this update?! I keep checking for updates all the time on my phone and every time it either gives me a stupid error message, says an update isn't available, or times out. And, just to piss me off, my phone has gone in airplane mode like three times today while searching for said update. It's like my phone is mocking me.

Ugh! I just want this stupid thing to work properly!

Has anyone else had issues with the phone just randomly turning off when they open the slider at all? Mine just started doing this last weekend and its driving me crazy. Prior to that the touch screen wouldn't respond when I got calls and I keep getting calls put directly into voicemail when the phone hasn't even rung at all.

I dont even bother with the Wifi at all since it totally locked down my phone the couple of times I tried it.

I think this phone is cursed. Everyone I know who has one or knows someone who has one has had issues with it. Why does it have to be so deceptively pretty and alluring? Its not my fault I'm attracted to shiny things! 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I went into settings, about, update firmware and got the update. So far no problems, we'll see how it goes. I'm hoping that this update will keep me and my wife from having to pull our batteries to get our phone to turn on when it just for some reason decides not turn back on(I doubt it though). Good Luck to Everyone!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat