Wizard

9/22 - Samsung Moment Maintenance Release - DI06

Samsung Moment Maintenance Release - DI06

Fixes:
- Airplane Mode issue
- Skyfire browser power cycle issue
- Adds Select All option to Bulk Bluetooth contact push

Update your software:
1. The software will be automatically downloaded to your phone since this is a recommended update.

2. A System update screen will prompt the user to 'Install now' or 'Install later'.

If 'Install later' is selected, a reminder will be sent once or twice a day to install the update.

If 'Install now' is selected, the phone will power down and then reboot.

Important Notes:
- This update will take approximately 7-8 minutes to download and 7-8 minutes to install.
- The new software version is:  S:M900.8.OS.DI06

- This  update is available OTA (over the air) only and will be pushed to your  device.  It is being pushed in stages so not everyone will receive it  the first   day.

- Your device must be on software version DE03 to perform the update to DI06.  UPDATE: If you are still on CJ05 or CL14, you will need to update using the customer facing upgrade tool that will be posted on Sprint.com/downloads or Samsung's website.

Update: This update will be available via sprint.com downloads on 10/6 and can be accessed at   http://shop.sprint.com/en/software_downloads/pda_smartphone/samsung_moment.shtml

Message was edited by: dshoem01

89 REPLIES 89
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am copied my reply from another board... want to get everyone's feedback...

***************************************************************************************************

OK, received update last night. Phone was up and running all night without issue. Switched from Wifi to network service a few times and so far no lock ups.  No Airplane mode after 12 hours.

One condition I did not try, and I noticed this while reading the boards today (including this one), is having WiFi enabled but not connected. I saw a few people with this condition that then reported lock ups.  Could it be the phone does not know what to do with WiFi enabled but no connection?

Keep reporting your findings...

Highlighted
Journeyman

does any one know how to get the update? I keep getting an error or it times out whenever I try the firmware upgrade.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My Moment is rooted and I got the DI06 update.  All is working fine except the radio still locks up and renders the phone useless...  I filed a complaint with the FCC...  I'm really sick of not having a phone that works as promised.  I've been with Sprint for 9 years and I've almost had it.  We have 4 phones with them and I'm becoming more and more frustrated...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi!

My Samsung Moment did download the software but the Baseband Version still reads S-M900.8.0S.DE03 while the Build Number reads ECLAIR D106. Does that mean that it did not install? Thanks for a reply!

NEVER MIND! I WENT TO FIRMWARE UPDATE AND IT DID DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL!

Wisconsin

Message was edited by: Wisconsin6096

Highlighted
Journeyman

http://consumerist.com/2010/09/over-2-lines-cancel-sprint-without-fee.html

I hope this helps.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My phone started downloading something last night all on its own.  I think it must have been this update, because it didn't refer to the anti-virus program, which is the only other one I have set up for automatic update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Downloaded this morning. Still just a phone. I don't use wifi much and havent had any problems.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got the update this morning!  So far everything seems to be working just fine.   I noticed the backup checkbox is now missing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Got the update.  "Maybe" the performance is more stable, but the piece of crap still goes into locked "airplane mode" after using wifi and toggling it off.  Waste of bandwidth, if you ask me.  I've just resigned myself to keeping this piece of crap until I qual for an upgrade. Too bad customer satasfaction isn't more imprtant to Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just returned my Epic on Wednesday due to the unstable upload and unstable GPS issue.  I read about this patch for the Moment and got all excited...  but the excitement was, well, momentary...  This phone is still a piece of trash.  Laggy and Lockie - Maybe 3rd times a charm?  Whatever Samsung releases after the Epic may actually work? Maybe...

Gotta go dig my trusty old Crackberry out of the basement and put that back on my account.  These Samsung phones are just garbage.  The Epic was a huge improvement over the Moment, but still far from stable if used for anything other than a dumb phone.  Both of these phones are Epic failures.  If all I wanted was a dumb phone I'd buy a new battery for my 4+ year old Razr - that little Moto is a trooper.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I received the message to install this, and I did, today.

1. My bluetooth pairings disappeared, and I had to pair my devices again
  2. The slide unlock/lock feature disappeared.  When I press the end button, the screen goes dark.  When I press it again, I get my home screen.  Since - out of force of habit - I automatically slide unlock, I am opening apps that I had no intention of opening.  This is quite annoying
  3. I've tried removing the battery as well as just turning the phone on and off, and the slide/lock/unlock feature has not yet reappeared. 
  4. I have a feeling I'm going to have to do a hard reset to get it back.

What a pain!  Anyone else seeing other issues?

Journeyman

I got this phone back in march and I did my homework I thought! Boy was I wrong. I knew this phone had a battery issue but to the extent of it I had no idea. This phone has caused me more problems. I want to throw it at least once a day. The phone shuts off when it wants to. I cant answer the phone or when I do the sound for it vibrating stays on so the caller can hear it. Most of the time I have to take the battery out because it does not stop. When I get a call waiting call coming in my first caller hears my phone vibrating. I know there is no virus for the android system but I swear to you my phone acts just like a computer does when it has a virus. I cant believe how this phone was able to be sold to all of us. It seems everyone that owns the moment has issues. I'm stuck with this POS phone now.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat