Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9/22 - Samsung Moment Maintenance Release - DI06

Journeyman

Re: 9/22 - Samsung Moment Maintenance Release

Yep, Had the same problem.

Journeyman

I'm back to normal, now.  I paired my Bluetooth devices again, and the slide/lock feature is once again enabled.

Now, if I could only get Voice Control to work with Bluetooth!

Journeyman

It won't.. have to flash back to stock in order to get it.. sux.

Message was edited by: rgates414

Sorry.. looks like everyone BUT me can get this update without having to flash back to stock.. recovery and all.. Well.. off to reflash.  UGH.

Journeyman

If "Slide To Unlock" or "Pattern Unlock" do not work after the update, you will need to update the PRL and re-boot the device. This is probably good practice after any sort of update or change as it may fix other issues as well.

My Moment still experiences loss of connection to the mobile network when it goes out of range of a connected wi-fi network. Too bad, I was hoping this would get a fix.

Journeyman

I received an update message a few days ago. Phone is working well so far.

Journeyman

No such luck for me.  I got Airplane Mode before about once-twice a week.  NOW after DI06, every morning since updating on Satruday, my phone is on Airplane Mode.  I'm pullng the battery out of the phone once-twice daily now.

It seems like quicksand on my device: it worked best on Cupcake (CL14), and since then, every fix solves some issue and creates five others.  I got this device after learning about HTC's ring lag problems on the Hero, now Airplane Mode is making this device just as bad, and since I'm 8 months into my contract, I'm basically spending $70 a month on a device that's getting worse and worse.

I have enough wisdom to know that this isn't 100% Sprint's fault, Samsung is partly to blame since it's becoming more and more apparent that these are hardware problems, but i'm still being billed for my contract.  I'm counting the days to when Sprint will actually discontinue this phone and get it out of the hands of new subs.  My money's on the end of this year 1 year after it launched.  Perhaps earlier...

Journeyman

Since the update I am still without Bluetooth connections. I've tried to reset them all, but the phone will not cooperate. Uggh. Fail.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Update seems to have busted my USB.  Can't connect to my laptop any more (the "development" switch doesn't let me have USB connections any more).  When I unplug my USB cable, it usually crashes the phone, causing it to reboot.

I really, really, really hate this.

Journeyman

I lost my slide lock/unlock feature again.  Rebooting did the trick.  My phone is much more sluggish now than it had been prior to the update.  And, battery life is not good at all.  And, I still have the phantom reboot problem, where my phone will turn off, then on for no reason at all.  I will probably have to do a hard reset, and then not install this upgrade.

On another note, just curious, but has anyone had any success with Sprint Tech support in any capacity on any issue?  I've only tried once about something else with this phone, and it was such a frustrating, futile and time-consuming experience, I'd rather just try to figure things out on my own.

Journeyman

Ok guys incase u dont know there are 2 updates. One updates the baseband name  and the modem.bin and the other updates the build name and the entire system. So under settingsabout phone it needs to say DI06 under baseband version and  build number. If  one says DE03 then u do not have the entire update. The first update should be baseband it takes like 10 seconds then it reboots. The second update will take about 5min then reboot. Hope this clears any confussion.

Also a side note if it says DI06 under both and u still get the pop up to update then go to settings=about phone=system updates and update the profile reboot then it should go away

Message was edited by: barker005

Journeyman

Good evening Sprint, Samsung.  Your new update for my expensive broken phone is horseshit.  Just thought you'd like to know!  I've downloaded both updates, as explained above, and I ran into our old friend the up arrow of death after about an hour of use on and off the wifi.

Nice try, I guess.  I wonder what that 8mb of code that I downloaded was supposed to do?

Wizard

otho03 wrote:

Good evening Sprint, Samsung.  ...  Just thought you'd like to know!  I've downloaded both updates, as explained above, and I ran into our old friend the up arrow of death after about an hour of use on and off the wifi.

Nice try, I guess.  I wonder what that 8mb of code that I downloaded was supposed to do?

According to the announcement here,

UPDATE - 9/17 4:45PM

There’s been a change to the upcoming software maintenance release (MR3).  Unfortunately the reported data lockup will not be addressed in this release.  The reported airplane mode issue is still addressed  in MR3 and there is no change to the target launch window (Q4 or  before).

Another  maintenance release (MR4) is planned for the reported data lockup and  the Community Admins will post more information as it becomes available  to us.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/44217?tstart=0

that is what was expected.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat