Wizard

9/22 - Samsung Moment Maintenance Release - DI06

Samsung Moment Maintenance Release - DI06

Fixes:
- Airplane Mode issue
- Skyfire browser power cycle issue
- Adds Select All option to Bulk Bluetooth contact push

Update your software:
1. The software will be automatically downloaded to your phone since this is a recommended update.

2. A System update screen will prompt the user to 'Install now' or 'Install later'.

If 'Install later' is selected, a reminder will be sent once or twice a day to install the update.

If 'Install now' is selected, the phone will power down and then reboot.

Important Notes:
- This update will take approximately 7-8 minutes to download and 7-8 minutes to install.
- The new software version is:  S:M900.8.OS.DI06

- This  update is available OTA (over the air) only and will be pushed to your  device.  It is being pushed in stages so not everyone will receive it  the first   day.

- Your device must be on software version DE03 to perform the update to DI06.  UPDATE: If you are still on CJ05 or CL14, you will need to update using the customer facing upgrade tool that will be posted on Sprint.com/downloads or Samsung's website.

Update: This update will be available via sprint.com downloads on 10/6 and can be accessed at   http://shop.sprint.com/en/software_downloads/pda_smartphone/samsung_moment.shtml

Message was edited by: dshoem01

89 REPLIES 89
Highlighted
Journeyman

rlbrand wrote:

I received the message to install this, and I did, today.

1. My bluetooth pairings disappeared, and I had to pair my devices again
  2. The slide unlock/lock feature disappeared.  When I press the end button, the screen goes dark.  When I press it again, I get my home screen.  Since - out of force of habit - I automatically slide unlock, I am opening apps that I had no intention of opening.  This is quite annoying
  3. I've tried removing the battery as well as just turning the phone on and off, and the slide/lock/unlock feature has not yet reappeared.
  4. I have a feeling I'm going to have to do a hard reset to get it back.

What a pain!  Anyone else seeing other issues?

Having the exact same issue.  Got prompted to install and did.  baseband version says S:M900.8.OS.DE03 and build is eclair.D106.  Having all sorts of issues we did not have before.  All the issues above.  Extreme pain not having unlock slider anymore.  Did i update to another version and still have to do another update.  whenever i try to update firmware now i get an error message.

This phone really sucks.

Update:  Turned it off and lock bar has reappeared but the screen still randomly turns off without warning.

Message was edited by: 8013185597

Highlighted
Journeyman

I received the message to install on Friday night. On Saturday morning I realized....

1. My bluetooth pairings disappeared, and I had to pair my devices again (took forever.....ugh!!)
  2. The slide unlock/lock feature disappeared.  When I press the end button, the screen goes dark.  When I press it again, I get my home screen.  Since - out of force of habit - I automatically slide unlock, I am opening apps that I had no intention of opening. 

I don't even care that the slide unlock is gone but they could have warned us.  So I guess I'm gonna be forced to use the pattern lock in order to keep my 4 yr old out of my phone. What a pain!!!

The only good thing is that the airplane mode has not come back on (knock on wood) and I havent dropped a call since Friday.  We shall see how long that lasts

Oh and when attempting a firmware update it says: An error occured while trying to update your firmware. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please call customer care. Error: Unknown Error

Like customer care will know anything. They are as much in the dark as we are.....smh!!!

Highlighted

Slide to unlock is not missing from the phone, it is still there on mine.

You have to do 2 updates.  One for the firmware (which updates the baseband version) and one for Android (which updates the build version).

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok, so slide to unlock has returned after the 3rd reboot.  Sorry for the ones of us who were getting use to not having it. Looks like it may have been a bug. And i've only had the one update that gave me:

SM900.8.OS.DE03

ECLAIR.DIO6

M900.8.0

Highlighted

scott4392 wrote:

Ok, so slide to unlock has returned after the 3rd reboot.  Sorry for the ones of us who were getting use to not having it. Looks like it may have been a bug. And i've only had the one update that gave me:

SM900.8.OS.DE03

ECLAIR.DIO6

M900.8.0

Try to manually update the firmware....

Settings --> About Phone --> System Updates --> Update Firmware

Highlighted
Journeyman

This morning, my slide/lock reappeared.  So far, so good.

I have not yet experienced the Airplane Mode problem, so this update is probably irrelevant for me.  But, I have had issues - like other Samsung Moment owners - of the phantom reboot.  I am not sure if I will buy a Samsung phone again.  It's not just that there are phone issues.  It's that Sprint's technical support does not appear capable of solving them.  Nothing different with Samsung, either.  I'll probably end up getting a Blackberry when my contract is up on the Moment.  Android just seems too sophisticated for Sprint.  At least with Blackberry, I the hardware and software are from one manufacturer, who hopefully will have the capability to support their device and OS.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok. So here we go again.  I had the update pushed to my phone, installed the update, and low and behold it worked (sort of).  Turned the WI-FI on left it on and no airplane mode.  BUT, now I can't load any video from the internet.  I get audio but no video.  Called tech support and they said there was no maintenance update and that my DI06 build of Eclair was the wrong build number (GREAT INTERNAL COMMUNICATION SPRINT!!!).  I gave the lady the link for this forum and she said that she had no clue what it was.  Long story short, 4 hours on the phone and still F'd up.  Sprint tv is the same also audio no video, but the audio quality is great. I can't wait for my contract to come up so I can get away from this company and get some real customer service for a change.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Are you kidding me? My phone was working fine before this update came out. Now that its out I have had noting but problems. My battery drains in about 2 hours from a full charge. And that is with wifi of bluetooth off gps off no apps running. I am freeking livid right now and am ready to jump ship

Highlighted
Journeyman

FYI - For me, it downloaded the firmware and rebooted, but the "upgrade/update" froze on "Updating ARM FOTA.." - I let it sit for about an hour just in case before popping the battery out.  Once I did that the system booted with the same message, but then proceeded to install the upgrade.  Checking everything out now.... things appear well so far.

Does anyone know if this fixes the contact bug where you hit a contact's phone number, but then it dials a different contact?  That is the most frustrating bug for me.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just received another update this morning that said it was suposed to fix the airplane mode issue. Has anyone else received the updat?

Highlighted
Journeyman

As someone has mentioned.  The update lost my paired BT devices.  That was annoying.  The battery seems to be draining more quickly now. I don't see anything else that seems wrong.  It seems stable and no difference in behavior from before the update, no lockups.

Highlighted
Journeyman

beepbeep72 wrote:

I just received another update this morning that said it was suposed to fix the airplane mode issue. Has anyone else received the updat?

I started getting the popup for the DI06 update this morning, but I already installed it several days ago (baseband version in settings->about is DI06).  I would just ignore it, but it pops up literally every 10 minutes at least.

Message was edited by: jasonwalke

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat