Wizard

9/22 - Samsung Moment Maintenance Release - DI06

Samsung Moment Maintenance Release - DI06

Fixes:
- Airplane Mode issue
- Skyfire browser power cycle issue
- Adds Select All option to Bulk Bluetooth contact push

Update your software:
1. The software will be automatically downloaded to your phone since this is a recommended update.

2. A System update screen will prompt the user to 'Install now' or 'Install later'.

If 'Install later' is selected, a reminder will be sent once or twice a day to install the update.

If 'Install now' is selected, the phone will power down and then reboot.

Important Notes:
- This update will take approximately 7-8 minutes to download and 7-8 minutes to install.
- The new software version is:  S:M900.8.OS.DI06

- This  update is available OTA (over the air) only and will be pushed to your  device.  It is being pushed in stages so not everyone will receive it  the first   day.

- Your device must be on software version DE03 to perform the update to DI06.  UPDATE: If you are still on CJ05 or CL14, you will need to update using the customer facing upgrade tool that will be posted on Sprint.com/downloads or Samsung's website.

Update: This update will be available via sprint.com downloads on 10/6 and can be accessed at   http://shop.sprint.com/en/software_downloads/pda_smartphone/samsung_moment.shtml

Message was edited by: dshoem01

89 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 9/22 - Samsung Moment Maintenance Release

Has ANYONE gotten  this yet? I have been looking all over the interwebz trying to find someone who has actually received it, and it does not look like anyone has.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Journeyman

I wonder how this update works on a Moment running DE03 with joeykrim SDX 2.0.4 kernel.....

Journeyman

nope been trying all day too

Journeyman

No luck on my phone.  It would be nice.

Journeyman

*waits for the first person to post saying they had a data lockup trying to download the update*

Journeyman

So exactly how long are we looking at until everyone gets the update? I understand you are doing it in stages - fine - but how long are we looking at? Are we going by people who've had their phones the longest? By anniversary date for service with Sprint? I'm just curious how long I'll have to wait on this. My reception is absolute crud at work so I don't want to "miss" this download by any means if it's being sent to my phone or whatever.

That said, is Sprint going to be taking care of it's customers by compensating in some way for the absolute chaos they have endured from both Sprint customer service and the phone issues themselves? I know we are in tough economic times and all but when I pay over $300 for a product, I want it to work and not continually lock up on me or turn off when I use the stupid slider. If I had wanted a phone with issues, I would have gone with a Palm Pre. I doubt Sprint is fighting with Palm Pre owners as much as they're fighting with Moment owners. Just my thought though.

Regardless, I am frustrated by all of this and am even more annoyed by how poorly Sprint has been handling this. If this issue does NOT fix our phones as I am fearing the case will be, what is the next step? What do we, as frustrated customers, do next?

Obviously I know you Sprint reps on here won't have answers for me, but please understand that we are trying to pay for a product and a service - your service - and its NOT WORKING AS WE WERE PROMISED.

So please, take care of your customers. That's customer service 101. You take care of your customers and they take care of you, or has that been lost in 2010?

Journeyman

Has the rollout begun?  No one here or on the Facebook site has received it yet...

Journeyman

still aint got a damn thing

Journeyman

Maybe the servers are "LOCKED UP" or even worse... in airplane mode

(sorry couldnt resist)

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.