Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After cl14 marketplace update issues?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

After cl14 marketplace update issues?

After getting my phone updated at the sprint repair facility in San Diego, I restored my settings with mybackup and re-installed my market apps from as SD card backup with Astro file manager.  Since I had that done, I have noticed that NO market place apps are being updated.  Before I did the update, it was rare to go a couple of days without something being updated, and sometimes I would check 'My Downloads' and have up to 4 apps that had updates.

Now, this could be coincidence, and nothing is wrong with the update as far as marketplace apps goes. But, over 3 weeks without an update of ANY app seems far fetched to me, given what I  had seen previously.

I'm not going to list all my apps here, because everyone has different needs, but has anyone else noticed this behaviour?

Also, as I was looking into this, I find it's really difficult to find out the installed version of an app.  Even if it has an 'about' menu item, it's generally regarding the developers website and email info.  The version number is available in the market (usually), but not on the phone for the installed apps.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: After cl14 marketplace update issues?

@ttait  After reading through your post... I think I may know why you're not receiving updates.  You said you re-installed your apps from SD card... in order to do so, you would have had to enable the option to install from "Unknown sources" in the Application settings.  Once you do this, and re-install everything, the apps you have on your phone are no longer marked as "Marketplace" apps, and therefore, will not allow updates from the Marketplace.

I know it's a pain (had to do this myself in order to get updates working again), but the only solution I was able to come up with was to get a list of all of your apps, uninstall them, and then re-install each one individually using the Marketplace.  There are a few apps in the Marketplace that will generate a list of your apps... the one I used was called "App Referrer" (http://market.android.com/search?q=pname:com.drathus.android.appreferer).  QR code is below as well.  Hope this helps!!

App Referrer.png

Journeyman

Thanks so much, makes perfect sense.

Journeyman

Glad I could help!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat